iPhone 6 Bend In Your Pocket?

If I owned Otterbox et al, I'd be designing a new resistant case RIGHT NOW. As far as I've seen all the existing cases protect against shock, typically on corners.

Skinny jeans pose a new threat, and require a new defense. OtterBox PantsProtection(tm).

if you understood the definition of "non sequitur" you'd realize that his rant about modifying new parts to fit on old parts doesn't support his argument that, "functionality is stupid as hell"...that is, unless he's arguing that functionality means different year models should all have interchangeable parts

My point is that Apple has made design mistakes that they hade to quickly fix. Remember the iPhone antenna defect when you touched a certain area? The newer designed phones fixed it, but anyone with the older design was screwed. My example was just another reason why aluminum is just not a good idea. People like it because it feels good in their hands.

How does anyone put a phone in their pants and walk or sit comfortably? Is everyone a fat fuck that wears huge jeans?

How does anyone put a phone in their pants and walk or sit comfortably? Is everyone a fat fuck that wears huge jeans?

Who wears skinny jeans? I always have my nexus 5 in my front pocket. I mean if you want to carry your phone in your fanny pack that is fine.

Yup I see what you're saying. Thanks for the link! :)

Guess they just went a little too far with hollowing it out then.

Yep, milled out too thin and now it's not able to support itself under stress. It's what happens when you have aesthetic designers try to engineer things.

This is the one time Apple will not take credit for being the ones to pioneer a new feature (curved screen)

I'm not surprised. I recall seeing photos of bent 5's as well. It always made me nervous keeping mine in my back pocket, although I never had an issue (knock on wood)

A hogged out piece of aluminum, that is only a few mm's thick, isn't hard to bend.

LOL who keeps a phone in their back pocket anyway? It's uncomfortable as hell to have a hard block of steel and glass between you and the seat.

24 hours with a 6+ in my pockets and no sign of bending

LOL who keeps a phone in their back pocket anyway? It's uncomfortable as hell to have a hard block of steel and glass between you and the seat.

I never sit with my phone in my back pocket, but standing around (at a bar for example) I find it a lot more comfortable than keeping it in my front pocket.

Me!

Don't know why, but I do it all the time with my 4s... for the last 3 years in fact!

I would think this defect would demand a product recall.

because it affected all of 3 people, including one that bent it on purpose? :p

Electronics are fragile and should be handled with care, regardless if it's a Phone, Tablet, Laptop, TV, etc.

I've always thought that the trend to go thinner was nothing to really brag about. The iPhone 4 was the right thickness to be sturdy for the size that it is. With a larger screen, I was surprised somewhat that they still touted thin as in on the 6. I mean I guess I expected it since they had more room to stretch the components out in, but practically making it thinner again provides to real advantage.

24 hours with a 6+ in my pockets and no sign of bending

I never sit with my phone in my back pocket, but standing around (at a bar for example) I find it a lot more comfortable than keeping it in my front pocket.

Wouldn't want 2 competing bulges around front, just in case the phone is bigger. :p

didn't LG have that curved screen flex phone? ...should sue apple

Don't be an ass Megalith. Just because what you wear doesn't seem conducive to carrying your phone in your front pocket doesn't give you the right to denigrate other people. I wear regular old jeans, carry my phone in my front pocket all the time and have no problem with it whatsoever. Most jeans and pants have some leeway in the fit to be able to handle that. Skinny jeans do not. Now, I'm being slightly passive-aggressive here, but I can't comprehend why men wear skinny jeans. The very first time I saw a guy wearing some I saw him from the back side, it was at my son's high school. I had to ask if the guy was a girl because the pants made him look like one. Why, oh why, would a guy want to look like a chick?? Tangent aside, Apple cheaped out on this build and the integrity of the phone seems slightly less than it should be. That's not to say Samsung wouldn't have done something similar in the future either though.

For those who are on the fence with this bending issues and have an iPhone 6 plus preordered, please cancel your orders now...
For those hating on Apple, but have no plans on buying the new iPhones, please continue the campaign as I would like my preorder to get bumped up for delivery.

I lol'd

zfwdr7B.jpg

Hell don't blame Apple...
Most of these airbrained chicks these days wear skinny jeans that are so tight they could bend a quarter while leaning over, not to mention the fact those thongs need surgically removed at the end of the day....

Folks (for those who didn't bother reading the article) are claiming it's in their front pocket....

Roll on.

It wouldn't surprise me. Even wearing my duluth fire hose pants, which have stupidly deep front pockets, the 6+ barely would make it bast the bend sitting down. BARELY. Just because you are relying on the fabric to transfer your body weight instead of your ass doesn't mean you aren't applying a lot of force.

Even so, the 6+ is pretty flimsy feeling. Didn't know about this issue, butI went to check them out in person yesterday, and had the distinct impression that the 6+ was not going to stand up to the abuse I see people putting their smart phones through. Heck, I doubted I could subject it to similar levels of care I use with my devices jsut based on form factor and the fact it is fairly flexy just fiddling with it.

Hell don't blame Apple...
Most of these airbrained chicks these days wear skinny jeans that are so tight they could bend a quarter while leaning over, not to mention the fact those thongs need surgically removed at the end of the day....

Just because you let yourself go and don't have the body to pull it off doesn't mean you have to take it out on the people who do. :mad: Go out and exercise and you'll seriously see a difference.

Just because you let yourself go and don't have the body to pull it off doesn't mean you have to take it out on the people who do. :mad: Go out and exercise and you'll seriously see a difference.

As someone who exercises daily, only eats fruits and granola before dinner, and swims three times a week... Skinny jeans still look retarded.

As someone who exercises daily, only eats fruits and granola before dinner, and swims three times a week... Skinny jeans still look retarded.

Well, I think that's because of the swimming. Swimmers just never end up with attractive figures because muscles develop in strange ways. Humans aren't supposed to live in water so we don't really adapt well to it. Now land-based exercise...if you're doing that and still look strange or misshapen in your clothes then there's something else wrong.

Well, I think that's because of the swimming. Swimmers just never end up with attractive figures because muscles develop in strange ways. Humans aren't supposed to live in water so we don't really adapt well to it. Now land-based exercise...if you're doing that and still look strange or misshapen in your clothes then there's something else wrong.

Seriously? You have to make up stupid answers for every rebuttal? You must be real popular in real life. :p

I don't get the hate toward slim/skinny jeans. If you're thin, they are the most flattering type of pants to wear. This is my favorite pair of jeans at the moment.

yzI8h3Hl.jpg

So you guys think this is gay?

I don't get the hate toward slim/skinny jeans. If you're thin, they are the most flattering type of pants to wear. This is my favorite pair of jeans at the moment.

yzI8h3Hl.jpg

Post a full pic of yourself with the pants on and people can pinpoint their gay assessment correctly.

I'm not surprised. I recall seeing photos of bent 5's as well. It always made me nervous keeping mine in my back pocket, although I never had an issue (knock on wood)

Serious question: Why would you ever even consider putting a phone in your back pocket?

Back pockets shouldn't even exist. They are uncomfortable to use, bad for your spine (enough to actually screw it up for some people), and completely unnecessary when we have cargo pants/shorts. Also, it's much easier to get pickpocketed. Cargo pockets are easy to access even while driving (not that you should do so if it can be avoided), much harder to pickpocket, comfortable, etc.

yzI8h3Hl.jpg

I don't think it's "gay" but I don't understand how anyone can find pants like that anywhere remotely close to comfortable. I bought some khakis from Flint and Tinder and they fit so tightly that there is noticeable resistance to, you know, moving around. The fitment looks fairly similar to the pic you linked.

Also, a lack of cargo pockets is unacceptable to me, anyway. If you think cargo pockets are too ugly, then you're crazy. Functionality over style any day.

Is "exercise" what they're calling smokin pole for crack smokin with you hipster youngsters?

I disagree. Anyone who does leg/glute workouts regularly will end up with oversized thighs proportionate to "normal" people. For that reason, most body builders have to get baggy jeans tailored to fit them properly. This is well documented!

Back