Inventor Of Internet Confirms iPhone Launch Date

Not that I am a fan of GWB, but not likely at all. 9/11 would have still happened, we would have still gone to war, still would have gone bust economically. What would have been different? The type of Southern Drawl?

Don't wanna derail the subject too much, but whatever.

When GWB got into office, it was through deviate means. Technically Al Gore won the popular vote, which means he technically won. For whatever reason they went with the electoral votes. BTW, the electoral votes aren't actually votes, but the popular vote is.

So yea, 9/11 would have happened but would we have gone after Iraq? We know Iraq wasn't involved with 9/11 and they didn't have weapons of mass destruction. George Bush came in with a surplus of money, and left with the biggest deficit America has ever seen.

If we had Al Gore we would have jobs and I would be driving an electric car, with solar panels on my houses roof.

The reason you think it is mixed is because you fail to recognize the severe right wing slant the news has on here.

Im going to have to disagree with that a bit from everything I have seen the news here does tend to favor conservative political candidates slightly but they are actually very liberal as far as defending peoples civil rights and freedom of speech go.

1. Gore is a member of the Apple board. So yeah, he probably has a good idea what he's talking about in this case.

2. It's too bad that HardOCP continues to inject politics into tech news. The site is worse for it.

1. Exactly why this is a tech story that is pertinent to our user base.

2. How is this political? What politics did we inject exactly?

Yup. But the real question is, why is there a political slant at all?

What slant have we given this story?

Don't wanna derail the subject too much, but whatever.

When GWB got into office, it was through deviate means. Technically Al Gore won the popular vote, which means he technically won. For whatever reason they went with the electoral votes. BTW, the electoral votes aren't actually votes, but the popular vote is.

So yea, 9/11 would have happened but would we have gone after Iraq? We know Iraq wasn't involved with 9/11 and they didn't have weapons of mass destruction. George Bush came in with a surplus of money, and left with the biggest deficit America has ever seen.

If we had Al Gore we would have jobs and I would be driving an electric car, with solar panels on my houses roof.

Wow so much fail in this comment. Here check this out for a little help, learn more about our country: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Electoral+college

Wow.. this thread veered off course!!

images

Ash, not to come across like an asshole, but you need to learn how the constitutional republic of the United States of America works. Al Gore didn't "technically" win in any shape, way, or form. I couldn't stand either of the morons that the American people picked to run for POTUS, and GWB was one of the worst things to happen to us, imo, but PLEASE do a google/bing search on what form of government we run in this country. Now, you could have gotten away with a comment about "stealing" the election, or something along those lines, but popular vote doesn't mean diddly squat in our election process for POTUS.

With Gore as pres, we would have environmental regulation mousetraps all over the place. It would be dangerous for businesses to buy land and make jobs.

Careful, you just got political... ;)

I do not think anything would have been much different if Gore had won, except that his term would have been likely 4 years.

Promoting "alternative" techs for energy has been front and center since the Clinton era. Bush did plenty of that, but the sheep media was too busy calling for investigations and war crimes trials so you never heard any of it. The problem is, promoting techs and actually producing tech that not only works but is at least cost neutral are two very different things.

The best engineers all over the world are working on this problem, what some elected official says means little to nothing in regards to actual breakthroughs. Even shoveling money at the issue has proven to be a fools quest.

This is a bold, ridiculous claim.

Can anyone cite such calls? Maybe in The Nation and The Progressive, but a national newspaper or news network? Absurd. This is when the Pentagon was bluntly influencing media discussion of national security (they still do, but won't get caught as often).

And they're supposed to drown out the Bush admin's calls for renewable energy to REPLACE fossil fuels? Building wind farms and hundreds of solar panels just to add to energy consumption is not an environmental policy.

And this was before the blatant admission of war crimes, in discussing why/how they ordered water torture.

With Gore as pres, we would have environmental regulation mousetraps all over the place. It would be dangerous for businesses to buy land and make jobs.

Right, which would have been MUCH worse than the brainiac we got, who managed to get us into two wars, one on false pretense, and greatest jump in our deficit ever...Hmmm, what's behind door number three?

Right, which would have been MUCH worse than the brainiac we got, who managed to get us into two wars, one on false pretense, and greatest jump in our deficit ever...Hmmm, what's behind door number three?

He was closely allied with war profiteers, Enron, oil companies, and the Saudi royalty. How did it go poorly?

If only we had put Social Security into the stock market.

He was closely allied with war profiteers, Enron, oil companies, and the Saudi royalty. How did it go poorly?

If only we had put Social Security into the stock market.

SS should have invested in Haliburton stock....seriously, if there was to be some "insider trading" it would have been nice if the American people got to benefit from it :D

Except that he never actually said that, so you can't be remembering him best for saying that.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Except that it doesn't matter if he really said it or not. The talking heads made it so, just like they keep putting words in today's politicians' mouths. No difference. Here I'll make it all better for you:

While I don't recall seeing or hearing Al Gore say that he invented the Internet directly, I do remember him making an idiotic comment that was then turned by the spin masters into the Al Gore invented the internet commentary that has been used on this forum for entertainment purposes.

No like his Clean Water State Revolving Fund which was cut by $134 million
"The proposed funding level for wastewater would not even meet the investment levels that a recent EPA study finds would be needed to control wastewater pollution more than $10 billion each year for over 20 years."

or

His elimination of the Greenhouse gas registry.

or

Elimination of the Rural energy (Section 9006 grants)

or

His cutting of the Energy Star program.

or

His ending of the weatherization assistance program.

... I could go on.
A) The Clean Water State Revolving Fund is exactly what it says. A state program all the states. Guess what their budget is now? Over 50 billion. And you're bitching about 134 million? B) I agree with it. C) Again I agree with it. Their budget is currently 5 million. D) You are aware that Energy Star is a bullshit program that has done very little? The GAO found out that it was a program that accomplished very little a while back including other agencies doing their research into Energy Star. A private company like UL would have done a much better job than what Energy Star did. D) Oh you mean the program where our stimulus dollars went into high-priced solar panels and etc at prices that we would never break even on even for more than 5 decades? Again a waste of a program.

Yes I know you're obviously a green thumb kind of guy but they're all bullshit points.

My point of Solyndra is that Obama pushed so hard for that company to get half a billion dollars and guess what they did? They pretty much blew through it and Obama wanted to get a second loan approved by them which we would have never saw any of that money back. What happened to Solyndra? Oh right they're bankrupted and being investigated. Especially I expect heads to roll in the Obama Administration for ignoring every audit report saying that Solyndra was not a wise investment.

And here is another recent one about the new Patent Law attacking Obama - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1636827
There are also threads of CEOs being crucified for making too much money. It goes both ways.

Al Gore stuck his foot-in-mouth by claiming to create the internet. It be funny. It is on the same footing as if GWB were presenting a nucular reactor. :D Al Gore is irrelevant politically nowadays, anyway.

No he actually never did claim that, but the media said he did. That's the real joke.

You are right, i'm sorry. His exact words were-
"I took the initiative in creating the internet"

regardless, that is where the joke stems from.

Al Gore can solve global warming and help Apple at the same thing by doing one thing: Keeping his big mouth shut. That will reduce the level of hot air being released into the atmosphere by 30% globally and simultaneously keep the temperature of the Apple execs and shareholders down.

Al Gore did not invent the internet, he had the foresight and courage to secure legal frameworks and acquire the necessary government support for the project. It's the media who brands him the "inventor" of the internet.

This applies to you too [H]ard|OCP, you are a media site, please undo this wrong!

Al Gore, the inventor of the internet, actually told the attendees of a conference today that the new "iPhones" will ship next month. I think it goes without saying that fellow board members at Apple aren't thrilled with Gore's little gaffe.

Should I throw away my Android for an iPhone will Al Gore charge me
with carbon credits as an evil pollutor?

Hes always been such a liar & hypocrite.

Not that I am a fan of GWB, but not likely at all. 9/11 would have still happened, we would have still gone to war, still would have gone bust economically. What would have been different?

:rolleyes:

Well, we wouldn't have invaded Iraq for starters. Not like that's a big deal or anything.

And yet this country would probably be much better off had he been in charge of it the last 12 years.

Funny that is.

He would have closed down major industries with many more millions out
of work then now. Not a reccession but a depression of untold
magnitude.

This guy would have brought us to the brink of disaster.

Funny that is.

He would have closed down major industries with many more millions out
of work then now. Not a reccession but a depression of untold
magnitude.

This guy would have brought us to the brink of disaster.

Hate to break it to you, but we've been on the brink of disaster since 2007.

Hate to break it to you, but we've been on the brink of disaster since 2007.

Only made worse by the current president in charge. I mean the EPA's going around like crazy on his orders trying to shut down entire industries with memorandums and etc..

2. It's too bad that HardOCP continues to inject politics into tech news. The site is worse for it.

The reason you think it is mixed is because you fail to recognize the severe right wing slant the news has on here.

The title itself is a right-wing dig at Al Gore. *snip*drivel*snip* Then, lots of them spin out of control into political vitriol and personal attacks.

And here is another recent one about the new Patent Law attacking Obama - http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1636827

Wow....you are reading your own political views into news items that have no political slant whatsoever. They have stuff on the market to help you with that, it's called tin foil.

I guess I can't blame you, people tend to only see what they want to see in everything, including our news posts....

BUT

....It's too bad you didn't SEE this quote posting in the thread you just linked:

We go so far out of our way to remain neutral it isn't even funny.

I personally have rules in place for all our news guys (literaly rules) on politics. These are my rules and I make sure they are followed.

We rarely post ANYTHING political unless it is directly tech related. When it has to be posted, We use:

The White House
The President
The current/former adminstration

NOT "Obama" (notice the headline when you actually click it? It says Obama...not The president)

When it says Democrat / Republican we use the term politicians (or scumbags, depending on the situation :) )

So on and so forth.

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!

Those of you that keep posting off topic / political BS / rants / etc. will be removed from this thread / forums / country / planet. :mad:

BACK ON TOPIC PLEASE!

Those of you that keep posting off topic / political BS / rants / etc. will be removed from this thread / forums / country / planet. :mad:

Shyte...what was the OT again? ;)

Does anybody take him seriously for ANYTHING anymore?

The guy is a walking dumpster brain.

And a board member of Apple Inc, ironic really, always preaching about the environment, and yet contracted one of the worst manufacturing plants\hard labor camps, in the world.

So what is the iPhone 5 supposed to do, anyway? I think if Apple made a big push to enterprise support, it would put the nail in the coffin for RIM and open up huge new markets for them, although it's already got a foothold there.

So what is the iPhone 5 supposed to do, anyway? I think if Apple made a big push to enterprise support, it would put the nail in the coffin for RIM and open up huge new markets for them, although it's already got a foothold there.

Depending on where you read, it will be bigger or smaller, and that's about it. There isn't much more to the rumors than tech specs (cpu, gpu, ram, etc. improved) and possibly GSM/CDMA in one unit.

I've been using an iPhone and iPad for my business for the last two years, so we'll see if this pushes me elsewhere. If Windows 8 was out, I would probably buy a WM7 and a W8 tablet.

Al Bore should've taken Apple's CEO job after Jobs left. Heck, he even meets the 4-letter-long-last-name requirement (like current CEO Cook). :D

Back