Intercepting malware

SIS

Weaksauce
What software can I get that will:

1. Notify me when software attempts to install something when it is launched.

2. Let me allow it or block it.

Or... at least make a list of all of the files installed to the disk and registry changes made, even if it doesn't give me interactivity.

I would also hope that it would not be tied into an anti-virus program (because I don't want endless pop-up notifications). Ideally, I would be able to launch this monitor program when needed rather than having it run all the time.

Thanks

There is nothing that can do this?

It seems like it would be a pretty important product to have on the market. Specifically, I don't want it to just reference a malware database. I want it to tell me about ALL things the software tries to install.

That uses a database, right?

I don't want something that uses a database. I want to know about anything that software tries to install, including things like SecuROM that vendors that makes programs like Malwarebytes may whitelist.

That uses a database, right?

I don't want something that uses a database. I want to know about anything that software tries to install, including things like SecuROM that vendors that makes programs like Malwarebytes may whitelist.

Enable UAC if your worried about unauthorized changes to the system.

That just pops up a notice asking for permission to run as administrator, right?

I'm looking for something more detailed than that.

Isn't there anything on the market that actually makes a log of what files are written, where they're written to, and what registry keys are added -- that also gives users the ability to block the changes -- and also with the ability to be run on-demand as a background app rather than having to run all the time? This seems pretty basic.

Something that doesn't cost $2000 would be better for my current budget. :D

It's really amazing that there isn't any normal software out there that does this stuff. People really want a black box experience it seems, where they have no idea what software is doing once it's launched (beyond something cryptic like "the software wants to make changes to your computer").

Back