IntelliMouse modern equivalent

I have been using the old tried and true IntelliMouse since they came out. On one of the ones I have the thumb button is busted. What is the modern equivalent?

And I've had the Pro and the regular optical, and honestly, I like the regular better...thumb button back, ring button forward. Simple.

What is the modern equivalent????

Last edited:
The Zowie EC1-C is the closest to the Intellimouse in size, shape, and button placement. It's on the pricey side, though.

https://zowie.benq.com/en-us/mouse/ec1-c.html

1710519666546.png

1710519721613.png

I feel like everyone has a big ambidextrous mouse somewhere in their gaming line. I'm less picky about the extra buttons (I usually turn them off, and use keyboard alt+left/right), but...

I've got a SteelSeries Rival 3 (edit: maybe it's a sensei? I just guessed by looks on the product page) which was good until the scroll wheel got weird (down works great, up goes down before it goes up; probably needs a disassemble and cleaning), and a Nixeus Revel which is nice, but the wheel squeaks after a while (support said I can clean it and grease it, cleaning helped a bit, but I didn't grease it, so it's back to squeaking). I had bought a second Revel and left it at work when I quit, I don't think it had started squeaking yet.

Last edited:
I was a big intelliMouse fan, I am left handed ... for me the best / closest have been the Steelseries Sensei ..however I am not sure if they are making them anymore.. I have had the orig senei , mlg , 310 and currently a Sensei ten. I have just been looking at this, which I am thinking of trying it is the Pwnage Ultra Custom Ambi Wireless Gaming Mouse... looks pretty good with nice sensor / wireless and true ambi (which has become extremely rare these days). But I haven't had my hands on one as of yet.

https://pwnage.com/products/ultra-custom-wireless-ambi

Oh so I forgot about this, and I haven't bought one so I don't know how good /bad / mid they are but on aliexpress there are people selling intimouse clones I guess with 3395 sensors.. I totally forgot about these I saw them on ali awhile ago and almost bought one and then didn't. If anyone does decide to try on of these or the pwnage I mentioned above please do take a minute to post about it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/1bf3184/microsoft_intellimouse_clone_has_a_3395/
inteliclone.png

I also bought this awhile ago, and it is ok, the size and shape are great but the scroll wheel squeaked (stopped squeaking after a bit?) and the side buttons are not the best, it is also a chunky boi fairly heavy. It is the Lenovo M600 Wireless mouse ** be aware Lenovo in their wisdom has put out a new version the M600S which is ergo right handed and thus useless** I don't mind this mouse it works fine, but being discontinued it is kinda pricey from what I just saw around $75~90 which is more than I would want to pay for one of these, I got mine 1/2 yr ago for about $40 which was ok. The upside is at least so far the legion software package isn't some stupid suite of advertising bs / game launching sh*tshow (looking at you Steelseries GG... what a pile of garbage.)

couple photos with the Sensi Ten for comparison and in my (right handed for photo so I can use left for camera) palm grip.
sensei_M600.jpgholding1.jpgsenseiTenholding.jpg

Last edited:
Oh so I forgot about this, and I haven't bought one so I don't know how good /bad / mid they are but on aliexpress there are people selling intimouse clones I guess with 3395 sensors.. I totally forgot about these I saw them on ali awhile ago and almost bought one and then didn't. If anyone does decide to try on of these or the pwnage I mentioned above please do take a minute to post about it?

https://www.reddit.com/r/MouseReview/comments/1bf3184/microsoft_intellimouse_clone_has_a_3395/
View attachment 641826

I also bought this awhile ago, and it is ok, the size and shape are great but the scroll wheel squeaked (stopped squeaking after a bit?) and the side buttons are not the best, it is also a chunky boi fairly heavy. It is the Lenovo M600 Wireless mouse ** be aware Lenovo in their wisdom has put out a new version the M600S which is ergo right handed and thus useless** I don't mind this mouse it works fine, but being discontinued it is kinda pricey from what I just saw around $75~90 which is more than I would want to pay for one of these, I got mine 1/2 yr ago for about $40 which was ok. The upside is at least so far the legion software package isn't some stupid suite of advertising bs / game launching sh*tshow (looking at you Steelseries GG... what a pile of garbage.)

couple photos with the Sensi Ten for comparison and in my (right handed for photo so I can use left for camera) palm grip.
View attachment 641833View attachment 641834View attachment 641835
Nice, they copied it down to the Microsoft lettering.

The Alienware by Microsoft is pretty catchy too.

Last edited:
Yeah, thought about that too. I don't want a used mouse though...don't know where the prior user took it.....................
i saw new ones yesterday, they look like the oem pack-in version(just in a baggy) new

i saw new ones yesterday, they look like the oem pack-in version(just in a baggy) new
I remember when we could get them on newegg OEM for like $20.

These must be the ones to which you are referring:

mice

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back