Intel Larrabee GPU ES prototype, 2GB GDDR5, working, unreleased part

erek

[H]F Junkie
1696356554372.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1759155383...pC8GIz0PhT361SlOKVIcErbER5|tkp:Bk9SR5btx-veYg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
A trinket for someone with more disposable income than total yearly income from someone lower class. Surprised you're not going for it, erek (or are you?)...

I only comment because I remember all the hype for this thing, but never expected much from something with less than 50 ~P54C Pentium class in-order cores running a software rasterizer. It allowed for cool stuff like primitive raycasting and order independent transparencies, but the beef just wasn't there (performance).

At least we have Arc today, which gives a glimmer of hope in future competition from Chipzilla. I don't like Intel and their bully pulpit position in the industry, but someone needs to knock nVIDIA off their high horse. AMD hasn't been cutting the mustard in doing so, at least at the top.

Last edited:
A trinket for someone with more disposable income than total yearly income from someone lower class. Surprised you're not going for it, erek (or are you?)...

I only comment because I remember all the hype for this thing, but never expected much from something with less than 50 ~P54C Pentium class in-order cores running a software rasterizer. It allowed for cool stuff like primitive raycasting and order independent transparencies, but the beef just wasn't there (performance).

At least we have Arc today, which gives a glimmer of hope in future competition from Chipzilla. I don't like Intel and their bully pulpit position in the industry, but someone needs to knock nVIDIA off their high horse. AMD hasn't been cutting the mustard in doing so, at least at the top.
Actually I always thought it was Erek selling these.. Did not think about him just posting other sales.. hah

Price is not insane right now.

Well if it stays that way through the sale I'll eat my serving of crow.

Well if it stays that way through the sale I'll eat my serving of crow.
Well, I doubt it will exaclty....but it is not like it was really ever VooDoo5 6000 that had real developer support, a legacy to build on, and was a real processing powerhouse for its intended API. So, I wouldn't think it would go too high. Plus, there is not the same community around it to support it so it is literally a wall hanger even if it works.

$300 pounds is more than someone's yearly income? What?

Still the highest with 5 hours to go. I won't increase my max bid and I'm heading into work. So it will be a mystery if I win it. Be safe out there.

If I win it I'll tear it down. I mean, that's kinda the point. To see its specs and possible manufacture a driver.
My old Larrabee (traded away for an engineering sample GeForce FX 5800 Ultra) and the Xeon Phi coprocessor that currently own were astronomically simple to tear down

Didn't get it! I upped my bid a bit in the last 2 minutes but was outbid either way.

Am I alone in preferring the aesthetic of these simple box design shrouds?

Modern GPU's look so tacky and try hard, in the way early 2000's gamer PC cases did. I guess that's what the market desires, but for me clean simplicity of design wins.

Am I alone in preferring the aesthetic of these simple box design shrouds?

Modern GPU's look so tacky and try hard, in the way early 2000's gamer PC cases did. I guess that's what the market desires, but for me clean simplicity of design wins.
I miss the days of blower cards and single slot. At least the 3080/Ti FE has a semi-sane profile (e.g. only 2 slot/fans, 11.25"), but the partner cards? You could kill someone by hitting them in the head with one of those bricks

Last edited:
Reactions: Folly
like this
Back