Intel i7 vs i9 processor

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Is there a huge performance difference in the same generation ? Not just with games I mean with everything.

I know a i9 will produce more heat.

P.S. No offense but you all really lagged behind this time :( It is ok though.

Last edited:
Celeron, Pentium, i3, i5, i7, i9, any other things are just marketing. What matters is the socket, the core (lately, which Lake), the number of cores, and the frequencies (and, in some cases, if Intel disabled the features you like, HyperThreading is often disabled on lower tier chips, cause that's how Intel rolls. Typically, in the same generation, i9 gets more cores and maybe a little more frequency, so it's better, but for Raptor Lake, the frequency difference is very small and you're going from 8p/8e to 8p/16e; not a lot of people have a load that needs that many cores (IMHO), but if you do, and e cores work for you, it's a meaningful difference. For Skylake, i9 used a HEDT socket, and so you got more I/O, and that's going to be useful for some people, and just added expense for others.

blah
The i9 has a faster clock speed and 8 more efficiency cores than an i7 of the 13th generation.

Will it be faster? yes. Will it be much faster? it depends on whether the application you have will use all of the cores.

Which would be better, if at all, if I game, stream, WinRAR, download new games, all at the same time?

Which would be better, if at all, if I game, stream, WinRAR, download new games, all at the same time?
Tere is not really a catch in the market, the more expensive the better among regular desktop Intel CPUs, they are marketed in order of strength 13900 > 13700 > 13600 > 13400 > 13100

Does not mean which would be the better choice once you consider the cost, cooling solution needed and so on, but the bigger number the better to compute and because of how much more cache and better binned the higher numbers tend to be over the lower they tend to be both better in single threaded scenario and multi threaded scenarios.

After a quick read of this
https://www.techpowerup.com/review/intel-core-i5-13600k/

Or just a quick look at those 2 graph:

relative-performance-cpu.png
relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

Do you have some question left ? Was there something you did not understand when you read reviews of i7 and i9 cpus ?

Just chiming in to say I downgraded from a 13900K to a 13600KF with little to no difference in gaming. I do game in 4K where everything is more GPU bound, but overall I am happy with the performance of the i5.

Back