Important factors in choosing a case

Which features do you find most important in a $100 case?

• Looks

Votes: 31 67.4%
  • Cooling

Votes: 34 73.9%
  • Noise levels

Votes: 20 43.5%
  • Features (fan controllers - toolless drive bays, stuff like that)

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Brand name

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Build quality (no sharp corners or misfitted doors)

Votes: 38 82.6%

• Total voters

therapy

Gawd
Hey guys - I have been having a few discussions with some friends about cases (nobody makes a perfect one around $100 anymore - seems like you have to spend $150 or so to get good quality) and I suddenly realized that the things we all hated about most $90-$110 cases WEREN'T the same.

I always thought we'd hate mostly the same things, but some people hated the looks, some people hated the noise levels, so on and so forth.

So I am posting a poll out of curiosity - what are the most important factors for you when choosing a case at $100 or so? I mean, at $200-$300, we can assume that our willingness to make compromises is much, much lower. At $100 - I'd be happy if it weren't aluminum or didn't accommodate giant radiators as long as it was easy to use and relatively quiet, for example.

Build Quality, Features and Cooling are the big 3 for me. Looks are important also but those 3 are what matters most.

When I look at a case its all about size, features, build quality and looks in that order.

Build quality,size (will it fit my video cards), material (aluminum is easier to drill and cut),cooling, looks/color,windows.:cool:

I think you left out case design. Intelligent design influences the feature set, cooling, and the build quality will affect how well that design is executed from paper to product.

Hmm maybe I took feature set for granted though - there are many things in my A70 that was not present my previous 7-year old Chieftec AX-01BLD. I.e. case that is much easier to completely take apart, mobo tray, HD trays with rubber grommets, etc.

Shit, I probably shoulda voted that - oh well :D

The three most important features for me would be:
Cooling, Build quality and case design.

Size first, lots of room and a decent layout. Noise second.

I could care less about looks as long as the guts are screeming fast.

For $100 I wouldn't have high expectations. I'd be happy as long as it doesn't slice my hands while working on it. I voted build quality.

Looks, first and foremost. I hate somewhere around 90% of the cases on the market, like around 8% and love 3%. Brand and build quality come next.

Cooling and noise levels don't bother me cause it's relatively easy to fix those. And most features I find useless and more of a marketing thing anyway, so I'll take my plain ol dry bays and screw the cards in and go any day (think it looks cleaner too :p)

Back