IIS problem

00ber_m00

Limp Gawd
My website has always been running fine and now when someone tries to access it they get a prompt for a username and password and then when they hit cancel they get:

"You are not authorized to view this page"

If I enter the administrator name and password I get to the website but obviously this is a problem. This has never happened before and I don't think I changed anything to cause this. I recently updated my site and enabled support for cdonts for one of my pages to use for a contact form but I don't see how that could be related.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

This is typically a permissions issue. Are you hosting this site through a web host? Or is this on your server? If it is on your server, you will need to check the permissions on the page. I don't think that CDONTS has anything to do with it. One simple way to check this is to remove the files that are utilizing the CDONTS and see if that fixes the problem. But I would be willing to bet it is a permissions issue. Let me know if it is your machine that you have IIS running on. You can email me at my handle at gmail dot com.

Jim

Thanks for the response but after troubleshooting this for nearly 6 hours straight I just got it working again. You were correct though, part of the problem was permissions. Permissions managed to get changed for several different things involving IIS and SMTP and my IUSR account needed to be reset.

Glad to hear that you got it working. Normally CDONTS will not interfere with the "permissions" problem. But then again it is a M$ product. HEHE.... I will definately tuck this tid bit under my hat as it may come in handy to know.

Back