If Pink Floyd Wrote Video Game Music

HardOCP News

[H] News
I might be showing my age here a bit but this is overflowing with awesomeness on many levels! C’mon, the Dark Side of the Moon arranged for the NES? Greatness. Hit the link to download the album for free.

Damn, need to listen to the entire album .... into my 4th song now .. amazing stuff

Interesting.. from a technical standpoint.. but about 20 seconds was all I could take. Perhaps if I was playing an 8-bit game while listening it would have been easier to get into!!

iam8bit2.jpg

I'm also one to find it difficult to listen to.

I love the album (I've even got the SACD version, which is pure aural bliss) and I have some 8-bit music in my audio library that I enjoy; but it seems to me you that one has to write specifically for the medium to get the best of it. Straightforward adaptations just don't work to my ears.

yea, when you've heard the originals so many times you know pretty much every technical nuance, it's slightly annoying

but i'm one of those people that is such a huge fan of floyd i generally only listen to the wall when i'm alone and have my nice headphones.... try to save it for special times when i have the time to devote to listening to it...

of course if it comes on the radio i generally get frustrated when i don't have time to finish the song or if i came in late after a guitar solo or something...

Dark side of the moon while playing FF3 on the SNES is the bestest

Damn, need to listen to the entire album .... into my 4th song now .. amazing stuff

Brain Damage is one of my favorite songs on the album, this 8bit rendition comes out not to far from listening to the original on lsd.

I caught a show on tv showing people making a living out of Gameboy music. It sounds pretty cool, and these people get damn good at it.

I'm also one to find it difficult to listen to.

I love the album (I've even got the SACD version, which is pure aural bliss) and I have some 8-bit music in my audio library that I enjoy; but it seems to me you that one has to write specifically for the medium to get the best of it. Straightforward adaptations just don't work to my ears.

When Dark Side was mastered it was set up for multichannel. When the SACD was made the band had total control over the final product.

In two channel mode you literally miss half of what was on the original album.

I was listening to the song thinking all we need now is an 8 bit version of Wizard of Oz. I have never tried listening to Floyd w/ the Wizard. I should of tried it before I quit ...well you know:p

same

maybe if I go to San Fran again i'll think about it ;)

Back