i7 950 overclock input/help

MadOblivion

Weaksauce
Hi, im running an overclock that passes intelburntest fine, but i am experiencing a rubberband effect in BF3/teleporting units. I'm hoping its just because i only have 4gb of ram and its accessing my pagefile too often.

But to rule out my overclock ide like you guys to check these settings over and let me know what you think. max temps in intelburntest are around 86c, hot i know... but average use never goes over 75c If you think the temp is to hot for 24/7 stability maybe you have some suggestions.

settings off the top of my head are.

cpu clock 3.6
multi 200x18
vcore 1.2
qpi 1.3
pcie 103
dramV 1.64
ioh 1.2
ioh pcie 1.56
ram 1600 7-7-724-88-1T
digi+ pwr extreme
c state off

Ive noticed people with lower cpu clocks rarely run 200 bclk, wonder if there is a reason for that. most system ive seen with 200bclk are at least 4ghz.
I was at 3.4 clock and the game was smooth as butter on a fresh install of windows,I just tried 3.4 again and the rubberbanding is still apparent. I do find the stuttering is cut drasticly when i stop all background processes and free up memory with gamebooster.

Right now im testing a new profile, ive done alot of tweaking with this, now im focusing on cooling/stability.
i run 2200 mhz ram rated at 1.65v ive always run the voltage at 1.65 even though my ram is running at 1600mhz because of high heat from having to raise my qpi to run anywhere near 2200. So with the 1600 setting i am now testing 1.5vdram, with my vcore lowered to 1.18. I know it wont go much lower from 1.18 from previous testing. BSOD at 1.17 last time around. as a rule of thumb i usually give it two bumps up from the unstable voltage.

Do you think my lower dram voltage would allow me to lower vcore more then previously allowed,
here are the new settings i have set without messing with my previously unstable vcore
pcie103
ioh 1.2
qpi 1.3<vdroop 1.25> from 1.35<auto>vdroop would put that around 1.41
digi+ pwr extreme
dram 1.5 from 1.64

thanks for the input

Last edited:
passed 20 cycle on intelburntest with 1.18vcore. 1.15 BSOD.
interesting how the cpu seems to pull 2 more gflops with the lower vcore and ram voltages.

Increase your CPU PLL voltage to 1.88.

I have read conflicting articles about cpu pll, some say lower is better. I ran it at 1.4 and see no change in performance or heat. I met u half way with your advice and bumped it up to 1.86, can't hurt i suppose.

Im starting to think my overclock is fine, game rubber bands while my machine accessing the page file too often during bf3. Im trading out my 4gb 2200 mhz ram for 12gb of 1600

Last edited:
Increasing CPU PLL to 1.88 allowed me to lower my vcore in my experience. Above 1.88, it doesn't really make a difference.

Increasing CPU PLL to 1.88 allowed me to lower my vcore in my experience. Above 1.88, it doesn't really make a difference.

1.186 is an average number for a 3.6 o.c. for those that bother to find the lowest operating voltage.
I have not noticed any effect from raising or lowers the cpu pll, But from what i understand its mostly used to achieve.stabilize highier base clock 200+.

Raising it has zero effect on heat, so ill leave it at 1.86. I did figure out why my audio in pandora and stuttering in BF3 was caused by. Mcafee security plugins were the culprit.

I would seriously punch the ceo of mcafee in the face for making troubleshoot all that crap only to find it to be a browser plugin. On the plus side i believe i made some rather positive tweaks in the bios that gave me a few more fps. I'll take what i can get.

Back