I want my two dollars!

ScottSwing

Gawd
I added $10 to my Playstation Store wallet and purchased Patapon 2 for $7.99. As you probably know, the Playstation Network went down today. But when it came back up, my $2.01 was gone! Does the money expire or am I just getting hosed? :(

What difference does the amount make? It's my money. Did this happen to anyone else or is the money supposed to expire?

You created an account to [H] to ask this question?

Wouldn't this question be better answered in the playstation forums?

well I dont know what everyones problem is, sounds like you got screwed, other than that I am of no help.

And what a great way to be accepted into the [H]ard Forums!

Congratz! :(

Seriously sucks, but it's 2 bucks man. Call up Sony and see what they have to say. IMO you probably won't get your money back and talking with oversea support isn't worth it.

Yeah its bullshit, if I were you I'd complain. Not that $2 is a big amount and I wouldn't be crying if I didn't get it back, but when companies feel they can steal a few bucks off you here and there its not good. If they take a couple of dollars from a few thousand customers it starts to become a big deal.

Last edited:
Maybe give it a bit of time too. Who knows how they keep up with that kind of stuff. You would think they would do it all while down for maintainance, but it is Sony. It might take a while for those files with everyone's money on them to come back up.

If you can show you put in $10 somehow, it should be easy for them to show you only bought $8 worth. Unless your dog chewed on the remote and somehow perfectly found a $2 theme for you to buy.

Yeah, give it a couple of days before becoming too enraged about it.

If it doesn't reappear in your account, I suggest a well-mannered call to Sony tech support. If good manners get you no where, you're pretty much hooped.

Good thing, it's only $2.

It should still be there... I had $$ in there for a long time.

Seriously call them, they're gonna want to help reassure you that spending money on their system is safe and easy. Otherwise you wont do it again ;)

Also, it's been a while since I bought anything on PSN... but don't you get a receipt email when you buy stuff? check and make sure the cost was actually $7.99. I know I always get hit with taxes here in WA, so it comes to higher than that.

I sent them an email, they didn't reply. Is there a toll free number I could call? There is absolutely no way I can feel comfortable spending money at the Playstation Store until this is resolved.

fuck some of these responses. Yea - it's "only" $2.00 but there is principle involved. Definitely worth fighting for.
There was an outage on their end which resulted in a convenient (for them) loss of your money.

I would start first with checking out other forums or googling your issue to see how widespread it is. Depending on its frequency, there maybe solutions posted online currently that would address this.

Otherwise, I think you've done the right thing by sending an email.

Am I the only one old enough to think of the newspaper boy in "better off dead" when reading the thread title?:D

Fight for your money....they would.

Two dollars.... cash...

johnny05.jpg

Fuck the two dollars. But I sure as hell am not buying anything else from them until they can explain what happened. What if next week I put fifty dollars in my account? A thousand?

I found the number: 800-345-SONY. Calling tomorrow.

if they wont give you your $2 back then I'd call your CC company (assuming you put $10 down off your CC) and file a complaint about it, explain the situation and ask for it back. I'd also go over to the BBB site and file a complaint.
It may only be $2 but if everyone continued to let sony screw people out of "only $1 or $2 dollars" they would make a a decent amount. I'm sure if you owed them "only" $2 they would send you to collections or something stupid over it, so why can't you do the same?

isn't their like a history of purchases that you can see on your account.. i would have a look at that. it's been awhile since i've been on my ps3.. so don't really know. sounds wierd

Back