I need to buy a LCD tomorrow, please tell me: ACER or Viewsonic?

Pabloz

n00b
Hi there, Im using a viewsonic p95f+ 19" crt monitor, and the resolution that i like to use is 1280x1024 , and its damn time to change it cos of room space and because my eyes hurt more and more every day. I dont live in USA so i got a limited market talking about LCD monitors. Only a few 19" i can find are acer, viewsonic, benq, those are the ones for my budget, cos the samsung are very expensive here (the 19" samsung cost like 100 dollars more than other brands.). And Dell is only in my dreams because its the most expensive one of all.

Im able to find on the market some monitors like these ones wich i like because of the price and because of the size:

LCD 19 VIEWSONIC WIDESCREEN VA1912wb
16.1" horizontal x 10.0" vertical; 19.0" diagonal
1440x900
500:1 contrast
8ms response time
16:10 aspect ratio
VGA & DVI

ACER
AL1914SMD-8 19" Silver 8ms Dvi Speakers

and some normal 19" viewsonic monitors that i cant remember the model.

What do you think i should get?
should i go with acer?
or should i buy the Viewsonic widescreen?

Since i never had a widescreen monitor to play with, i dont know if its a bad aspect about it, i like to play counterstrike sometimes, dont know if the widescreen monitor will have trouble with that, maybe its good for surfing the web and chatting and working only.

well if anyone has experience with those 2 monitors please let me know because i have to buy one of them in a few days
my email is [email protected]

thanks.

I'd take the Viewsonic, as it's widescreen, plus it has a higher resolution, so you'd get more desktop space. Viewsonic FTW!

yeah, i would definately go for the widescreen, after owning a ws i would NEVER go back to standard.

I love a good widescreen but I had a 20" cinema display and thought it was a bit small so I switched back to my Planar 20" I'd be a bit suspect of a 19" widescreen @ 1440x900.

h0tk4rl said:
I love a good widescreen but I had a 20" cinema display and thought it was a bit small so I switched back to my Planar 20" I'm be a bit suspect of a 19" widescreen @ 1440x900.

Beware, i believe the 16:10 widescreen is a pretty short display. Only as tall as a 16".

If your country uses Steam for counterstrike then you won't have any problem playing in widescreen as all the steam games support widescreen resolution.

In fact, widescreen is the original aspect ratio for all the new steam games so when playing in standard "square" mode you are actually seeing LESS of the game than you are supposed too.

Back