I need shorter window cylinder stands for my Thermaltake Core P3

Rev. Night

[H]ard|Gawd
So I am building a Thermaltake Core P3 and I like the placement of the cpu/gpu/psu. Its significantly slimmer of a full fat gpu riser, and since it's wall mounted and an outside case, I don't need that extra cpu fan to cool the 65W Ryzen 5600x. The issue is that the cylinder stands that the window sits on are a fixed length of 8 inches. My build is just under 5 inches, so that's lot of real estate taken up thats not needed.

Does someone make these metal cylinders but a few inches shorter? I am handy with tools, but I don't have a mitre saw that can cut through solid metal AND then create a new screw hole at the bottom.

Attachments

• PXL_20231006_002334112.jpg
    PXL_20231006_002334112.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231006_002342998.jpg
    PXL_20231006_002342998.jpg
    390.1 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231006_002406848.jpg
    PXL_20231006_002406848.jpg
    364.9 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20231006_002529336.jpg
    PXL_20231006_002529336.jpg
    362.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
See if you have a machine shop in your area that you can bring the standoffs to and have them cut down and threaded.
Or see if they can make you new custom ones and keep the original ones intact.

See if you have a machine shop in your area that you can bring the standoffs to and have them cut down and threaded.
Or see if they can make you new custom ones and keep the original ones intact.
Curious, you know how much a custom job would be? Ballpark est

At most car repair shops there is an apprentice who is willing to learn.

That thing is hollow i presume?
Glue a wooden stick into it and mount/screw into the stick.

I couldn't even get a reply back about the rubber grommets for mine.
Whelp they got back to me super quickly. I asked how much to order just those 4 cylinders?

"Unfortunately, our parts purchasing is down and we cannot sell parts, we are unaware for how long, so the service is suspended indefinitely. We apologize for the inconvenience."

Whelp they got back to me super quickly. I asked how much to order just those 4 cylinders?

"Unfortunately, our parts purchasing is down and we cannot sell parts, we are unaware for how long, so the service is suspended indefinitely. We apologize for the inconvenience."
What an odd reply. It's down, who knows and what and how lol

Super lame.. Cost of brand new is always figured into cost of modding pre existing

damn, they just responded:

damn, they just responded:

Same reply as Friday lol

They sell adjustable tie rods that are meant for splitters on the front of cars. I have used them for other purposes, like this. They go down to around 6”, but you might be able cut a little off each or one end depending on how much of the internal tube is threaded. If you search around you might find some closer to 5” (~130mm). You will want to replace the U joints on each end with just regular bolts or thumb screws if you can find ones that match the thread. These rods are little narrow though. You can also buy a slightly bigger diameter metal tube and slide the threaded part inside. I think at Home Depot they have 1/2” diameter aluminum tubes.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/294735322086
IMG_6788.jpeg

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
A) Not hollow, solid steel (at least at the ends where the threaded part is)
B) Without the proper clamps/vices & cutting tools...it would be extremely difficult to cut accurately & maintain a 100% straight, flat cut.. and anyone who has these tools should be able to do the drilling & cutting the new screw threads (it requires a Drill press & a diamond-tipped drill/thread cutter bit)
C) Just about any metal/machine shop should have these tools & be able to do this for about $40, in labor & tool use time
D) Foget about getting any help from TT, their clustermer service is essentially non-existent

Worst case, go with the wood rod suggestion, and paint them with 2 coats high-quality primer + 2 coats of chrome automotive spray paint + 2 coats of super high-gloss clear Spar Urethane finish, the stuff you see on basketball courts or bar tops :D

damn i live in northern va and there aren't any machine shops around here that can or are willing to do this. Especially since its solid steel. Wtf happened to machine shops?

i email Thermaltake and ask if these stands are stainless steel or aluminum.

"Sorry but we do not have that information"

useless

Last edited:
damn i live in northern va and there aren't any machine shops around here that can or are willing to do this. Especially since its solid steel. Wtf happened to machine shops?

i email Thermaltake and ask if these stands are stainless steel or aluminum.

"Sorry but we do not have that information"

useless
If they are heavy, then they're steel. If they're light, then aluminum or some alloy, or plated pot metal.

oh they are quite heavy for the size.

looks like i need to do this myself goddamnit

Back