Huawei Takes On Surface With MateBook 2-In-1 PC

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Huawei has announced a new Windows 10 device that is very reminiscent of the TabPro S that Samsung showed at CES. This guy has an LCD display, though, which may be an option for those who are afraid of the potential burn-in thing but still want a similar, Surface-like experience.

Huwaei’s pitch for the MateBook revolves around productivity, and it appears to have the kinds of features and options that are needed for someone looking to squeeze a lot out of a 2-in-1. Huawei says the battery will last through 9 hours of video playback, or up to 13 hours of lighter use. The MateBook runs both the Home and Pro editions of Windows 10, and customers will have the option of powering it with an Intel Core M3, M5, or M7 processor. But the coolest feature might be the volume rocker — Huawei have embedded the fingerprint sensor from the Mate 8 in it, so unlocking this 2-in-1 will take fewer steps than with most similar devices.

A great product from a company that is a combination of the worst parts of the NSA and Apple.

Yep, I would never buy anything from Huawei especially for my business. Owned by the Chinese government and you can bet there is some sort of backdoor on their products.

So they claim "first side single touch side finger print sensor" then what the hell has been on the Xperia Z5 for the past I dont know 3 months? The fold up stand looks like it only has one position which is stupid, really just looks like a copy of the surface with equal or less functionality. It took a long ass time for Microsoft to get the surface right, doubt this will be good on its first generation.

Yeah, I'm not buying any product designed by the Chinese.

It's bad enough that everything is made there, but the risk goes way way up if the Chinese are responsible for design as well...

Back