htpc power..

stuman

Limp Gawd
well ive been getting annoyed with the sound from my computer, the continus whining, of the fans, the hdd and dvd drive, they all add to quite a noisey computer. so ive been looking for a completly silent computer, as in NO fans. i also want small and aluminium and came up with http://www.itx-warehouse.co.uk/Product.aspx?ProductID=155 with a VIA EPIA M 6000 board, however the processor is only 600mhz. this might not be a problem as the only thing i use my computer for is mp3 dvd and internet. in the future this may change to encorperate some CAD work aswell, but throwing a large chunk of ram into it (1024) im guessing will help. im just wandering weather this would be enough power to run most stuff well.
i will be using my sound card ( M-Audio revo 7.1 for sound so ive got the sound side of things ok.
what do yuo think is this worth the downgrade in performance? at the moment im running a nFOrce2 shuttle with a 2.2ghz axp 256 ram and 9700 pro. i dont however use hardly any of the power.
im looking at spending £350 all in all, but will be selling my shuttle to recover some of the cost. £200 is the aimed outlay for it and i think this is quite a good steal.

stu.

edit: link fixed.

Back