HP Touchpad 16GB $99, 32GB $149, Active for .edu

The ones that make the decision to use the product are not the one that pay to get the product.
It is a smart choice in a way, if you get the guys that handle the money on board with wanting to get something new in house, you are good to go most the time.

*edit*
Going ahead and placing my order for my accessories:
Clearfreak Screen Protector: http://www.clearfreak.com/HP_Touchpad_Tablet_p/hp-tp1.htm (promocode: ineedclear for %30 off)
Technocel "Leather" Folio Case: http://www.amazon.com/Technocel-Lea...k/dp/B004HD5EXO/?tag=deasit-20&amazonB3829452
Maverick RediFork Pro Meat Thermometer: http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Redi...r/dp/B0000AQL23/?tag=deasit-20&amazonB3829471

Thanks man, that leather case looks sweet :)

.... and thermometer? lol

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
So, so sad.... but apparently true.

I(as a 10+ year faithful newegg shopper for cheap parts) have noticed since late 2010 that newegg has been going down hill and becoming mainstream. They had the best business model for years, and now for some reason newegg is changing this. I noticed this huge change definitely the other day, when I saw my first newegg TV ad..... I think my days at newegg (and newegg's business in general) is now going to come to an end. Mark my words on that one, I call sh like this all the time :)

On top of it, Amazon puts them to shame now in terms of prices, and that never used to be the case...

Bye bye, Newegg.com ... it was good while it lasted.... thanks, but I do not feel sorry now after seeing you changing your business model, in what seems to be reasons of greed.

Tiger direct did this same thing locally a while back, and I see newegg meeting the same fate..... I honestly think they will get bought out between 2012-2015 now.

i dont think newegg is going to miss you, im tired of consumers and gamers that think they own companies when they dont understand how business works

i dont think newegg is going to miss you, im tired of consumers and gamers that think they own companies when they dont understand how business works

Stay away from the Gaming Forum here then.:eek:

I'm still desperate for one like a lot of others. If anyone has a spare I'm willing to buy for a reasonable price.

Ok, so newegg just slapped everyone in the face by sending out a "It's Tablet Time" newsletter via email and not including the the Touchpad. Maybe they are just clean out.

You dont think they had that sale planned well in advance, genius?

I'm still desperate for one like a lot of others. If anyone has a spare I'm willing to buy for a reasonable price.

Haven't forgotten about you. Still waiting to see what is going on with my other orders.

If you can find it elsewhere by all means but I've still got an eye out

I have ordered from the following

2 16gb from HP glitch (Monday am)
2 16bb from CDW (Monday am) Cancelled but no notification
2 32gb from BT- Website looked sketchy, but owner is a NC senator? meh..Visa cc..No issues...but I think it's a legit site.

HP sent me an order notification :)
BT I believe will come through as I seen it shortly after the link was posted :)

I love how people that bought the item at full price from Newegg are blaming Newegg for this. You 100% agreed to pay Newegg the amount you purchased it for. They are under no obligation to give you a partial refund. They did not do a damn thing wrong. You did by buying it expecting them to refund you. That was very stupid of you.

HP is refunding stores for purchases going back to release. All newegg has to do is pass it along.

I don't know how business works? LOL riiiiight, I only sell hundreds of thousands of dollars of PC parts, all by myself.... because I went and got my ejamakashins....

Newegg is clearly going down the shitter [to me, whom looks at these types of businesses daily].... I will say it again, mark my words on this one. :) See you back in 5 years when I bump this thread with a big, TOLD YA SOOOOO! ;)

Well all in all being one of the people that took the chance with newegg, used the information available to be to make my decision to gamble and purchase the item at full price. Otherwise I would be like everyone else and empty handed.

Would I normally have done this? No and that especially goes for any non mainstream well know internet store. Anyhow with newegg it was a gamble worth taking having the information issued with HP's press release and knowing that HP was refunding money to customers who purchased the TP on the original release date. It was a good bet that this would trickle down to stores like Newegg and Amazon. Newegg would be in a buttload of trouble if they were to take the money refunded by HP and not forward that refund onto their customers. Also ask yourself why you wouldn't accept that offer from HP when it's going to do nothing but make your company look like the good guy by extending the same refund to all of your past and present customer with no out of pocket expense by Newegg.

What I don't understand is this:

Retailer Sells product @ price X. Consumer buys product @ price X. Consumer & Retailer now have agreed on a transaction @ Price X.

Retailer ships Product. Consumer should receive Product. END OF TRANSACTION.

Now imagine it reversed:

You sell your (new/used) CPU @ Price X to someone on Ebay. 3 weeks later the MSRP drops below your price. The buyer now wants back the difference. Would you credit them or tell them to pound sand?

If I'm Newegg or any other retailer that still has some, I set the price at what they're going for on ebay et al.

Interesting...

So I ordered from the HP SMB @ about 3:00 AM PDT on Sunday. The site was hammered so thoroughly before then that it was impossible for me to place it until things cooled down a bit. Anyway, I didn't recieve a confirmation until Monday at 3:00 PM PDT. The funny thing is that when I check my order, it says I placed it 11:00 AM Monday or so. While this totally isn't the case, I have seen people quoting a cutoff date of about 4 AM Monday for the HP SMB orders. So I have no idea whether I'll be seeing this one or not.

Thankfully, the eCost order is out for delivery today, so I'll be playing with it when I get home.

Another interesting tidbit is that I haven't been charged for a single one yet... I can see that funds are being held by two of the places I ordered with (one of them released funds back to me today, and I can't tell which one it was - none of my orders are showing "canceled" yet.) I guess I find it curious that there's not a permanent change placed by eCost for the one that has been shipped.

I guess we'll see what happens. I only want one, and so far that looks like it's all I'll be getting.

If I'm Newegg or any other retailer that still has some, I set the price at what they're going for on ebay et al.

According to people in this thread, HP gets to tell companies at what price they will sell their items for and not the business itself.

Well seeing that you’re using ebay as an example then no. You can use any example you want to but this is a totally different animal. Newegg would not be refunding anything if it came out of their pocket. All sales are final period. This money is not coming out of Newegg or any other stores pocket. It's coming out of HP's pocket.

If this was an item with a 30 day return policy then that would also be a different discussion expect that's why newegg now normally charges a restocking fee to combat against people being within the return period and demanding refunds on newly listed sale items

Yet again this is something totally different. We all know this.

Once again. The issue isn't giving refunds to people. The issue is Newegg's CSR's telling people there were not going to be refunds, most people not buying, the item selling out because people bought anyway (in multiple quantities) expecting that the stated refund policy was going to change, and then Newegg saying that they were going to honor the lower price after the item is already sold out. If I would have KNOWN that Newegg was lying, I would have just ordered one with all the eBay scalpers.

I had e-mail notifications setup to notify me of price drops and did due diligence looking to buy one, yet I am the one ending up with nothing because I didn't gamble $300 that Newegg's CSR's were lying.

What I don't understand is this:

Retailer Sells product @ price X. Consumer buys product @ price X. Consumer & Retailer now have agreed on a transaction @ Price X.

Retailer ships Product. Consumer should receive Product. END OF TRANSACTION.

Now imagine it reversed:

You sell your (new/used) CPU @ Price X to someone on Ebay. 3 weeks later the MSRP drops below your price. The buyer now wants back the difference. Would you credit them or tell them to pound sand?

If manufacturer was providing me with the funds to pass onto the customer, yup.

my hp.com order will be here tomm. ordered on friday when the madness started. only got 1 cause im not greedy. i hope they get android on this mutha soon.

Once again. The issue isn't giving refunds to people. The issue is Newegg's CSR's telling people there were not going to be refunds, most people not buying, the item selling out because people bought anyway (in multiple quantities) expecting that the stated refund policy was going to change, and then Newegg saying that they were going to honor the lower price after the item is already sold out. If I would have KNOWN that Newegg was lying, I would have just ordered one with all the eBay scalpers.

I had e-mail notifications setup to notify me of price drops and did due diligence looking to buy one, yet I am the one ending up with nothing because I didn't gamble $300 that Newegg's CSR's were lying.

You just had a bad rep. My rep told me at this time they are not going to be price matching. He then said I could go ahead and order and refuse if I want.

Most people I've talked to all said the same thing. People didn't just pull the "well I'm just gonna refuse it!" out of their ass; we were specifically told we could do it if they decide not to price match.

Most of the people are fed up with NewEgg are not average consumers/gamers. I know I have a business background. A lot of us just don't like the corporate shift and as loyal customers for years, have felt let down in a way. Although large, they always came off as a mom/pop style company with great customer service. Now, they're just another run of the mill large corporation. The issues I have had with them have come on business accounts (large, multi-month purchases) where they had the attitude of "well, you'll order from us anyways, so no - we won't fix the billing mistake".

The original founder was CEO up until 2008 when he stepped down. If I remember right, it's about that time that they shifted from customers-first to profit-first. Being a business owner, I can say that original founders are more likely to put customers (unless they're greedy to begin with) first - when they leave a company (ie: a mom & pop shop selling to a corporation), the new management is more inclined to try and boost profits. This is especially true if they're considering an IPO.

So whether it was that, or just them growing and wanting to get more favorable margins .. I don't know.

Just my two cents.

They were not lying... They were only stating the facts. At the time those facts were correct and that Newegg would not refund the money.

Heck I would not refund money out of my own pocket in this situation. Use your head. I would however look like the good guy and take money from HP and pass it onto my customers. So maybe I did not make any money in the TP transaction but hopefully I have plenty of non branded accessories in stock to make something on this deal. There are a lot of new HP Touchpad now in the market and people are going to be accessorizing. There is money to be made and the window is going to be small.

Has anyone that purchased from onSale via the Amazon marketplace gotten a cancellation email yet? I'm figuring it's going to happen to my order, but so far I haven't heard of anyone yet who did it through Amazon get one.

i stopped by a bestbuy on my way to work (Burbank, CA), got there exactly at 10 when they open and they had just sold out the touchpads they got in today (they decided to open at 9:45 apparently). They said they got roughly 25-30 of them, not sure if this helps anyone trying to get one from their local BB

Has anyone that purchased from onSale via the Amazon marketplace gotten a cancellation email yet? I'm figuring it's going to happen to my order, but so far I haven't heard of anyone yet who did it through Amazon get one.

Yeah, Im still waiting to see if I get one..
Been pending on my CC since Sunday afternoon.

Well I just now got my rejection from onSale:

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order XXXXXXXXXXXX from onSale has been canceled because the item(s) you purchased were out of stock. Please return and place your order again at a later time.
Our sellers strive to minimize canceled orders. We're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused. Your credit card was not charged for this order. If you have any questions regarding the cancelation of this order, please contact onSale.
If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on Amazon.com.
We've included your order details below for reference. We've also included the URL for the item you purchased if you'd like to try ordering from another seller.
We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on Amazon.com.
==================================================
ORDER DETAILS
==================================================
1 of HP FB356UT Smart Buy Touch Pad QUALCOMM Snapdragon APQ8060 1.2 GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless 9.7" IPS TFT 1GB RAM 32GB
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0056UOUHS)

Now to wait for their system to catch up and remove the pending charge to my card, for refrence my onSale order was placed:
Sunday, August 21, 2011 4:13 PM (CST)

Oh well, only one "pending" now is my HP SMB order, my eCost one should be here soon.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.

I'm not positive on this but I believe my order has been canceled with no email. Their was a hold on my debit card for the price of the touchpad and I checked again today and it's gone.

Ordered about 5:12pm sunday ET

Also just checked my SMB order and that has been canceled within the last hour or so with no email.

i stopped by a bestbuy on my way to work (Burbank, CA), got there exactly at 10 when they open and they had just sold out the touchpads they got in today (they decided to open at 9:45 apparently). They said they got roughly 25-30 of them, not sure if this helps anyone trying to get one from their local BB

They were probably lying to you.

Or taking advantage of the people who didn't get on the $99 Touchpad due to the idiots buying multiples to resell at a higher price??

if thats the case they would have included the TouchPad, even an average consumer would not pay the prices for the other tablets......the touchpad sold so well due to the rock bottom price.....

Sent from my 32gb TouchPad

My order from HP.com finally shipped. WOOT!

Still wish I had ordered two. Hopefully when they add more I'll order again. Really want to get one for my dad. :)

So HP SMB cancelled my order. Now, when will they release the hold on the funds?

why would they lie about it? There were a good 10 or so people I saw purchasing the last touchpads, so they definitely got some in

Ah ok, well if you saw people buying them then that's a different story. I thought you were inferring that you just got there and the shelves were bare. Then I would suspect you were being lied to. My local BBs were on the list to receive them as well, and none of them did, said they hadn't ordered any more and wouldn't be getting them in or selling them anymore.

Back