HP LP3065

Sorry!
I must have assumed that, the Gateway isn't available here so haven't looked at it that much :eek:

Before I pull the trigger on 3065 are there any more users that can add info on different resolutions this can display or anything else
I'm pretty much sold on it
BFG 295 is on its way for extra boost @ highest resolution
Thanks

2560x1600 and 1280x800 are the only supported resolutions.
Although modern graphic card can scale the image so that you can run any resolution and it will be outputted in the native resolution (that way you still can game at non-native resolution and mess with BIOS etc.).

Problem is more with devices other than computers (or laptops without dual link DVI). For instance PS3/Xbox can't output 1280x800 or 2560x1600 thus can't be used with this monitor without an external scaler.

That's correct, there's no scaler in the LP3065, so by default the only two resolutions it can support are the single-link 1280x800, and the dual-link 2560x1600.

Any modern graphics card, however, can scale the output image however you want with this monitor. I played several games on mine at varying 16:10 resolutions and had no issues at all. In fact, running Crysis at 1920x1200 was the only way to turn on all the eye-candy in that game even with tri-SLI.

I got mine last fall and have been very pleased with it. No dead pixels at all on it and the color looked fine to me right out of the box even tough I bought an i1 Display2 to calibrate it, but have never bothered so far. My only slight complaint with it is how hot it gets, especially with what you can feel radiating from the screen if you're sitting close.

Sorry for bumping such old thread but I'm gonna get the HP LP3065 with 2 year warranty left, advance replacement and still in great working condition, original owner has box and everything came with it. So how's this monitor compare to the ZR30W? Still a good monitor to get it?

I already read the thread but I'm still wondering if it's still a good option because right now there could be more better monitors on the market compare to 2 years ago that I'm not aware of.

Back