How to run horizontal display?

excellsior

Limp Gawd
I'm trying to understand how people run huge monitors in horizontal. Either using 1 high end video card, or can it be achieved running 2 separate cards?

I might just get this and run analog:
http://www.compuplus.com/i-ATI-FireG...nz8ky01r0b944c

I have 2x nec 20wmgx2 so I'm sure it will work, but I'm just curious if it can also be achieved on 2 separate cards and if that's what some of you guys with 2 or 3x 24"+ monitors do.

I'm talking about having one huge wallpaper spreading across 2 monitors instead of 2 of the same images on each monitor.

If you make a wallpaper that is the size of both monitors combined iirc it'll span across to both

Some video cards (the new ones) I believe have two dvi ports, so you should be able to run two monitors using one video card

I don't think you can use two video cards separately on one machine. You could run them in crossfire mode or whatever NVidia does... makes the computer think it's one graphics card I believe

I think your confused.

There are custom wallpaper packs out there for dual screen setups. You put 1 wallpaper on the left screen, and put 1 wallpaper on the other, and the way the wallpaper was designed, it looks like it spans both displays.

oh ic... but you can also do horizontal too, but ill look for the custom wallpapers.. thanks

Back