How to Relock 6950

crawlgsx

[H]ard|Gawd
I am getting BSOD's and partially blaming my power supply, since both of these cards worked perfectly as 6970's pre-crossfire. Just to be sure I would like to return them to stock but I am not sure how *doh*.

I tried google, I couldn't find anything.

Do you just flip the 2 bios switches and boot? Switch them back after a full boot?

Shut down flip the bios switch back to the fail safe and then power the system back on. You can also flip the bios switch while the system is on and then reboot. You may be prompted to reinstall drivers after reboot. If you want to relock the shaders on even the secondary bios I'd recommend flashing the bios you (hopefully) backed up from the secondary bios position back onto the card. Or you can use RBE to back up the unlocked bios and then modify it back to 6950 shaders and then flash that modded bios back to the card's secondary bios.

Already ordered an Enermax MAXREVO 1350, just wanted to do some testing.

Shut down flip the bios switch back to the fail safe and then power the system back on. You can also flip the bios switch while the system is on and then reboot. You may be prompted to reinstall drivers after reboot. If you want to relock the shaders on even the secondary bios I'd recommend flashing the bios you (hopefully) backed up from the secondary bios position back onto the card. Or you can use RBE to back up the unlocked bios and then modify it back to 6950 shaders and then flash that modded bios back to the card's secondary bios.

Why would I need to flash a backed up bios? Doesnt reverting to BIOS #2 revert everything?

Why would I need to flash a backed up bios? Doesnt reverting to BIOS #2 revert everything?

Flipping the switch back to the fail safe does revert you to stock settings but you may want to flash the bios back on the 2nd position if you were sending it to the manufacturer for warranty purposes and didn't want them to know you were unlocking and overclocking etc... I'm not sure why you wanted to really relock the shaders so I provided advice in 2 ways on how to get it done.

Flipping the switch back to default and reflashing the secondary bios with the bios you backed up from it before you unlocked it.

Flipping the switch back to the fail safe does revert you to stock settings but you may want to flash the bios back on the 2nd position if you were sending it to the manufacturer for warranty purposes and didn't want them to know you were unlocking and overclocking etc... I'm not sure why you wanted to really relock the shaders so I provided advice in 2 ways on how to get it done.

Flipping the switch back to default and reflashing the secondary bios with the bios you backed up from it before you unlocked it.

Oh I see what I missed, I made some weird assumption that flipping the switch reset bios 1 as well, I have no idea why I ASSumed that lol.

Well thank you I appreciate that advice. I will keep the unlock because it is unlikely I will go back to them.

Back