How HOT is too Hot for a Q6600?

feenyx360

Weaksauce
I have mine OCed to 3.6 and under load its hitting 58-59c. Is this too high? :confused: The voltage is set to 1.34. Actually pretty low and it seems stable.

Would you run yours at 60c? 5 degrees seems pretty close to the damage threshold

So long as it's not sitting at 60C for a long time I wouldn't worry too much. These are numbers under a load tester like OCCT, Orthos, or TAT right? So you shouldn't be seeing those temps in game.

I'd say thats fine. Intel has 65C set to cover their ass. You do have a 3.6GHz quadcore after all.

What the best tool out there for monitoring temps? I am using Speedfan right now and I know its supposed to be off by 15 degrees or so. I have that adjusted. I am also using SiSoft Sandra and the temps are showing 5 degrees lower in there. What is reliable? Thanks

Coretemp keeps giving me an error that says cant load driver. Will this work with vista x64?

72 C is the max actually lol. Nitpicking me or what?

Anyway, back on topic, you should be fine with that temp.

Also, I thought Prime95 was a better stress test for quad core...

Also, I thought Prime95 was a better stress test for quad core...

They are both good TBH. There was a piece of software that stressed not just your graphics card, but your whole system, forgotten what it was called, but it will definitely come back to me later.

The G0 allows for a 71*C load...and I'm sure even a degree or two over isn't going to kill it.

60*C...you should be happy.

I have mine OCed to 3.6 and under load its hitting 58-59c. Is this too high? :confused: The voltage is set to 1.34. Actually pretty low and it seems stable.

Not even close.I ran my G0 passive for a few months and it often hit 79c + under load @ 3.09Ghz Stability was excellent.

At a higher oc now with a low rpm 12cm Scythe and the same sink,and it loads @ 65c when folding on all 4 cores,sometimes as high as 72c with OCCT.

Nice. Thanks for the replies. I lowered it to 3.5 and temp seem to hit 55 max during prime95. I'll stick with that for a while. I'm getting my 2xHD3870 early next week and maybe then I will raise it back up to see what kind of scores I get in 3dMark.

Back