how does All-In-1 PC get around w/ over heating?

Happy Hopping

Supreme [H]ardness
I don't see any cooling fan anywhere. In all the good PC, I see a 12 to 14 cm system fan. In those Acer All in 1 PC, I don't see a 12 cm fan, in fact, I don't see fan. How does a box like that last more than 1 or 2 year? How can it not over heat ?

Not to mention the heat of the screen itself, among other components

laptop doesn't have the screen glued to the rest of the PC, that screen is hot

Well for starters they usually have laptop CPUs and video cards which tend to run significantly cooler to start with. Also the front and top of the LCD is the hot parts so most of that heat doesn't affect the internal components. I haven't taken one apart to verify, but just like laptops they probably have a single fan that blows the exhaust over a series of heat pipes.

You don't need active cooling if processors/components are operating within their thermal requirements without it.

That being said, are you sure there isn't at least a small fan in the AIO?

A small fan can't be enough. What about the PSU? Is there a fan in the PSU, as it should be?

Why can't a small fan be enough? Or no fan at all? Like I said, if everything is operating within their thermal envelopes, you don't need active cooling. Clearly it is enough, since the system seems to work fine the way it is. I don't know what the internal design is for these AIO's, but I'm pretty sure some engineering has gone into them to get them to work the way they do. just because our big, bulky desktop computers with high-performance components have all sorts of fans doesn't mean that there's a different configuration that can't work otherwise.

Here is a picture of an ASUS 27" All in one PC ET2702 to be exact

2q21e1i.jpg

i7 4770
32GB DDR3 Ram
Samsung 840 250GB SSD
Radeon 8890m 2GB
27" 2560x1440 Screen
Blu-ray Drive
2X Thunderbolt 1X HDMI 4X USB 3.0

I upgraded the HDD ->SSD
Ram from 8GB->32GB

AS you can see in this case it has separate fans and heatpipes for the gpu and cpu.

CPU gets to about 95 degrees under full load
GPU never goes above 75 under full load.

Very quiet and a beautiful screen.

I have it hooked up to 2 other Asus PB278Q monitors, gpu isn't the best for eyefinity but it does work.

69na82.jpg

laptop doesn't have the screen glued to the rest of the PC, that screen is hot

allofmywat.jpg

You realize there are thermal tape/sheets that are used to stop heat from heat-soaking one component to another?

Also, most of these AIO's are LED backlit lcd's.....sooooooo....very low wattage....very low heat....its not an issue. Even if it were a ccfl lcd......

Most, if not all AIO's are laptop based and not desktop, and when they are desktop based they are much like SFF's in regards to size/shape/layout......

There is not special sauce......its just engineers who think out what they best design would be and work towards ensuring that even if you live in 110F ambient housing that it will still work.....or if you live in 45F ambient housing......

Back