How do you determine firmware version of Unifi through SSH?

Red Squirrel

[H]F Junkie
I have two spare Unifi APs that I'll probably put in service somewhere else so figured I would update the firmeware ahead of time. Problem is when I run the update it just says "+exec" and then it dies. I have no idea if it actually did anything and I can't seem to find anything on google about how to check the version. The update bin file does get deleted from tmp so I presume it worked... but I'd like to actually confirm.

As a side note, I was going to check my controller to see if it shows up on it (I don't want to actually adopt it but figured it might show version) but while I was in there I noticed that my in-service AP is showing as disconnected. Everything I try does not fix this. The AP itself actually does work fine. Is there a way to get it to actually show up properly? Both the AP and controller are on the same vlan and port 8443 is open in the firewall.

Ok so I think the version number that's shown in the prompt might be the firmware version. Gut feeling was to go by that but was not sure if that was just the version of busybox itself only.

So after about 10 tries the upgrade eventually did go through. No idea what that was about. On to the other AP.

Still not sure why my existing AP that's in service is no longer communicating with the controller though... but that's something I'll have to look at another time. It works either way so I'll leave it alone for now. I can probably try to upgrade that one to latest version and see if it helps.

Back