Hot - Western Digital 80Gig JB $45 AR

fx10000

Limp Gawd
Office Max has the Western Digital 80gig with the 8meg cache for $80 plus tax - $20 rebate - $30 rebate = $45 depending on the tax rate in your area.....I live in Connecticut not sure if this is a nation wide sale.

As a side note : They were out of the drives when I went to the store so they checked the warehouse and said they could have it shipped to me in two days for free...so I agreed. When the UPS truck arrived I heard a thud and the doorbell rang. There is my package all beat up! It looked as if someone had played soccer with it. And when I opened it up I found absoulutely no packing material whatsoever. Just the retail package bounceing about. I did complain to the store who does not have any drives in stock yet and they said i could return it within 14 days if it does not work. I had to bring the drive back to get the rebate reciepts because they did not give me any when the drive was ordered and I forgot to ask for them. Anyway they said I could bring the drive back to the store so they could rering the drive and print out the reciepts. Just as they said I had to give the drive to the clerk and he returned the drive had me sign a reciept then gave me the money back and rerang up the drive and took the money back and finally gave me the rebate reciepts....sorry for the long story but I needed to vent.

yeah. Fedex is better. :D

but doesn't the retail packaging of the WD drives have shock protection with the plastic end support things?

I'm not sure about the shock protection thing. I would definitely feel better if they had used some sort of packing material.

The drive seems to be working fine, I just hope all the drop kicks haven't shortened the life of the drive.

I saw the Seagate 80gig drives for almost the exact same price AR in BB yesterday if anyone is interested.

Back