Hot? Samsung 840 EVO 250GB $110 on Amazon

I think they intended to take off the FC4 code while reducing the price, but some people saw the best of both worlds briefly...

Damn, I wanted the copy of FC4 with this drive. I plan to upgrade my drive with one of these.

without FC4 kindda killed it for me, I dont really neeeed one, i can hold off and see what else comes around the corner

without FC4 kindda killed it for me, I dont really neeeed one, i can hold off and see what else comes around the corner

Samsung's already 'late' in putting the 850 EVO out. My guess is they wanted to clear out as much 840 EVOs as they could.

I bought a 500G, not form Amazon, and it arrived today with a little envelope with a card inside w a code to use at the uplay store that makes it free.

Anyone have a screen cap of the original Amazon offer? It was definitely mentioned when I placed my order, but there's no mention of it anywhere now...not on my order confirmation page, or online, or on any of the product pages!

I was a little wary because I had problems getting my Arkham City coupon when I ordered an 830 from Tigerdirect a few years ago, but this is ridiculous! If the original text said 5-7 days before getting the code then I can still wait (just got the drive itself today and it's already installed; the 830 was only 128GB, so this gives some breathing room).

With my recent GPU it took about a few days after it arrived. It is 5-7 days; or at least it was with my GPU. They don't give it instantly anymore.

I ordered 2 drives on 11/27 and I received an email from Amazon yesterday with the FC4 code and instructions on how to retrieve the game. The only downside I see is that I bought 2 drives and only got 1 code.

With my recent GPU it took about a few days after it arrived. It is 5-7 days; or at least it was with my GPU. They don't give it instantly anymore.

just as a counter experience, newegg emailed my pick-your-path game code the same day they shipped my GTX 970.

Gonna wait for a couple more days and give them a call. I havent got my FC4 code either. :(

I ordered 2 drives on 11/27 and I received an email from Amazon yesterday with the FC4 code and instructions on how to retrieve the game. The only downside I see is that I bought 2 drives and only got 1 code.

That sucks. I ordered on the 29th so maybe the email will show up in a day or two.

Got the 500GB for $189 from Newegg and both the drive and game code came today. It activated without any hiccups.

So I ordered my drive while the promo was still on and then tonight received an email from some dude called Santosh saying it didnt qualify...luckily enough i got a screen grab and sent it to them saying..nope...I can prove it. So, if you need the screen grab snclawson.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2zfiqf9y5mhj3l/Amazon FC4.jpg?dl=0

Will update when I get a reply....wanna see what excuse they come up with now.

It does have your (first) name in the screen shot, though. Unless snclawson just happens to share your name also... I would imagine it wouldn't work as proof for another person.

Also, I wonder if they might make the excuse that there's no proof it was you, since anyone else with your first name could have done it...

PS: Nice arrow. Haha. Comes off as a little sassy in my mind.

Hopefully it works for ya, was it listed on your pre or after purchase invoice? if so send them a copy of that. They could say it wasnt in the cart at time of purchase and still deny it or say it was no longer in stock or something

i went on their chat support because i too haven't received mine. they said "it's been applied to your account and you should receive a code no later than dec 5.'

fingers crossed.

Yeah it is kinda sassy lol...but they need to honor what they offer. I also have a chat log with a rep from yesterday where they said I do indeed qualify for the code. I will see what they come back with. Been burned too many times to not back myself up.

I ordered the Samsung 500GB SSD on 11/28 and received the FC4 code today 12/4 so it so it looks like it takes around 10 days. I don't need it anyway.

Just got my FC4 code after 6 days of waiting. Didn't realize it can only be used with UPlay. I should have been paying attention. Ugh.

Just got my FC4 code after 6 days of waiting. Didn't realize it can only be used with UPlay. I should have been paying attention. Ugh.

Don't all of Ubi's games require UPlay?

Anyway, I just got my code this afternoon via email.

Never got my code,

I called amazon and they simply issued me a $60 dollar refund (price of the game) so i scored a 256gb 840 evo for $50 bucks. Pff thanks amazon!

I've had 2 Samsung die on me in the last year with barely being used but my 4-year old 120GB Crucial is still running strong. Had to reinstall some games today.

Got the 500gig 540 EVO from the Egg. Shipped on 2Dec, arrived on the 12th. Cloned my 256 M4 to it this morning, extended the partition, and it is in and operational. Will have to put FC4 on it now, but my internet is wonky today so might hold off on that.

I ordered the 840 evo from Amazon on Dec 01 and got the drive a couple days later. Never got the FC4 game code so I called them yesterday and they finally emailed it to me. :cool:

So, it took a little time and some bugging but I got the SSD and the game for $99 so it was a hot deal in the end.

Back