Hot? 37" Vizio w/ Giftcard $378

Aaron11

[H]ard|Gawd
I found this 37" Vizio in Walmart's Black Friday ad. It says it's out of stock online but it goes on sale Saturday morning. It comes with a $40 Walmart giftcard. Is this a good price for a good/reliable TV?

I would not trust Vizio when a few more dollars gets you something reasonably good... like that 42" LG 1080p @ Newegg for 499.99

When you save 25% like that you are usually losing more than 25% in quality and/or features. I've found this to be very true for HDTVs.

Something reasonably good? Are we still brand whores in 2010? Chances are very good that Vizio TV has the same panel as the "reasonably good" brands do.

I have this TV and the clarity is excellent. That price is a damn deal!

When $121 dollars is something you don't have or won't save for, for a purchase you will only make a 10 of 15 times in your life ..... LIFE ... your doing it wrong.

When $121 dollars is something you don't have or won't save for, for a purchase you will only make a 10 of 15 times in your life ..... LIFE ... your doing it wrong.

That is a silly argument. You're talking 33% more money. It's just a television, not your life support valve. Vizio makes a decent TV for the money. Telling someone to pony up that much extra is absurd. If anything recommend something you believe to be reliable in his price range.

I bought a 26" Vizio 3 years ago from Walmart....... $600.

Still works, still looks purdy. I can see quality comparisons, but I'm not nit-picky about picture quality that much. I'll say they make decent sets for sure and are now quite popular from what I've heard and seen.

They are a quality new brand, as others have said they might have the same exact inner LCD panel as other top brands. (rare I know, but I would recommend them MUCH MUCH MUCH more than RCA or Westinghouse)

PS: Walmart Extended Warranties are NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTT worth the hassle and aggravation (speaking from experience). Especially since the store you buy it from will not touch your broken TV, nor will the "3rd party company" that takes care of the so called "warranty"

I own 3 Vizio TVs (55" living room, 47" boys room, 20" my bedroom). They have all 3 been an outstanding value for the money - I've had zero issues with them. I can understand if someone wanted to spend a bit more on another brand because it might have better picture quality or a feature that they feel is important to them. But, to discount Vizio simply on the fact it's a 'value' brand is extremely shortsighted. Nowadays, the technology moves so fast, I don't feel it's prudent to spend a ton on TVs anymore. With higher refreshes, newer backlighting techniques, 3D support, Internet connectivity/apps coming out every year, I no longer have any attachment to a TV - I buy what I consider to be the 'value' brand/model, and have the mindset that I'll probably replace it within 5 years with newer tech anyhow.

EDIT: I should also mention that the 47" is a REFURB that I bought from a vendor on eBay that sells refurb Vizios by the truckload. Never would have known it was a refurb - no bad pixels or any other issues. It's worked perfectly for a year already (bought it as a xmas gift for the boys).

I second that Vizio is an ok brand. Still using a 32" plasma that I bought 3 years ago and it still has a great picture.

I think Vizio has the largest percent of the LCD market.

I have a 37" Vizio 1080p in my bedroom and I think it is a great TV for the price. While you can tell a difference from my color calibrated Samsung plasma, it is still not that bad... well except for the gui/menu system...

I have friends that love Vizio, others that dislike them, and for me Vizio picture quality is just not good enough, but lots of people seem to enjoy them. Just know you are buying from an 8 year old company that is known for outselling other manufacturers based solely on offering the cheapest prices. This is a fact, with nothing implied. You can read the fact however you like.

I bought a Vizio LED LCD back in September and I like it. It works absolutely flawlessly as a computer monitor with no input lag, ghosting, or blurriness whatsoever. Black levels aren't perfect, but they rarely are with any LCD.

I think Vizio has the largest percent of the LCD market.

in the U.S. Samsung and Vizio been fighting it out all year for #1, I think it's less than 1% market share difference in the U.S right now for top spot between them

Back