home audio setup...so I messed up :( anyone confirm?

ideviouz

Gawd
I just got into a sort of buying spree... and bought
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882120068

ONKYO TXSR506B

and thought that i could use it with this...

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=300-694

Dayton 5.1 Home Theater Package with 10" Powered Subwoofer

and now a friend is telling me that it won't work together :(

could someone confirm and give me some suggestions on how to make these work together?
cause otherwise I'm going to have to sell the Onkyo since Newegg won't accept returns on it :(

I don't see what the problem is. The receiver has normal speaker terminals, and a sub pre-out, that's all you need.

i'm assuming I just connect all my speakers to my receiver...

i have no coaxial input on the my sub is what my friend is telling me...
so how would the subwoofer connect to my receiver?

yep your all set. But most kits like that in my experience didnt come with speaker wire, so be sure you have some.

edit: correction, reading a review "The speaker wires were definitely not long enough to get around to the back of my small apartment living room."

um...

no one's really answered the question... how am i connecting my subwoofer to my receiver? my subwoofer DOESN'T have coaxial ... my receiver does...

sorry, I understand everyone's trying to be helpful... but the question still hasn't been answered...

*Inputs: RCA line level & speaker level

The subwoofer has both RCA and speaker level connections, a previous poster said that RCA = coaxial. Your reciever has a sub out connection which is a coax connector. So all you do is connect a coax cable from your subout to your subwoofer. It will work. :-D

Edit: I have this subwoofer, it has a coax connector. not sure why you think it doesn't?

um...

no one's really answered the question... how am i connecting my subwoofer to my receiver? my subwoofer DOESN'T have coaxial ... my receiver does...

sorry, I understand everyone's trying to be helpful... but the question still hasn't been answered...
I believe that sub has an LFE port. You'll need just a subwoofer cable (or RCA cable) to connect the LFE to your receiver's dedicated subwoofer port.

*Inputs: RCA line level & speaker level

The subwoofer has both RCA and speaker level connections, a previous poster said that RCA = coaxial. Your reciever has a sub out connection which is a coax connector. So all you do is connect a coax cable from your subout to your subwoofer. It will work. :-D

Edit: I have this subwoofer, it has a coax connector. not sure why you think it doesn't?

Hmms... the picture doesn't show a coaxial though :(

I'll check them when it comes, thanks~!

I apologize to everyone if it turns out I'm wrong... well actually my friend being wrong by confusing the hell out of me...

hmm... where am I looking? o.0 I just linked the same thing I think...

do I need a Y coaxial cable? Is there even such a thing?

So like I get a Y coaxial cable (assuming there is such a thing) and connect to the L/R input and connect the ouput to the receiver's sub output?

84962359ww9.jpg

Photoshop for the win. Hope that helps. :)

Edit: Well if my memory serves me right, a subwoofer is mono, and the sub manual says to use the right red input. :)

so right red connector since subwoofers are consider mono? thanks so much... will set this up as soon as i get my new desk

Thanks very much MattDamen.
Will let you know how everything goes when I get this whole thing set up... didn't realize the sub was so huge... i kinda just pictured a 10" x 10" cube... it seems way bigger than that... so gotta figure out how to set this whole thing up and not make it look strange.

yeah my sub has a right and left channel connector on the back. you plug the sub out cable into either port.

edit: the reason it has 2 is because if you didnt have a reciever, you could plug a device like an xbox using the red and white cables into the sub, and the speakers into the speaker terminals on the sub, and it would power them with 5 speaker stereo.

I don't know how many times RCA = Coaxial needs to be said in this thread before somebody gets it. I never thought something so simple could brew such confusion.

not set up yet... reviews say they're alright... budget home theater.. should be slightly better than budget i hope... i'll let everyone know once everything's set up and running :)

Back