Hints that there may be a high end refresh from Nvidia after all?

Obi_Kwiet

2[H]4U
http://www.incrysis.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=503

Towards the bottom that article says, "During his speech, Nvidia’s senior vice president Dan Vivoli let slip that Nvidia intended to "launch new hardware to coincide with Crysis’ launch." Vivoli didn't elaborate, but the rumor mill has been predicting that Nvidia would ship a new top-end GPU right before the holiday shopping season, just as they did with the GeForce 8800 last year. - Maximum PC"

Naturally I first thought of the 8800GT and the new GTS, but those will be coming out in late October, not the second week of November. It's possible that this interview was recorded before Nvidia decided to push the date back, but who knows? Still, if this was the case shoudn't we have been hearing rumors from Korea and Taiwan by now?

End with the posting omg, we got two different posts on the exact same subject/statement. Even the new 112sp GTS isn't 100% official or real as far as we know (I see no point in 10-13% performance boost either). If you even read what you quoted, you'll notice the word "intended". If that's correct then you've just answered your own question/thread title...

At least this has some logic to it.

It makes sense, since I think everyone and their mother knows that a bunch of people have this big red circle on the calendar for the day Crysis comes out.

I think they know it's a cash cow with the enthusiasts and such if they actually make this happen. Overhyped or not, Crysis has been a game people have had upgrade plans floating over it for months.

I still have the faith a Nov release date will be hit for the new Speed King card!!

O-boy, O-boy, O-boy!! I just got the word, my WaterKegIII Xtreme case is made too!

My new system is going to rock. Common nVidia, make us a good one!

Back