High Tech License Plate Frame Beats Red-Light Cameras

I would assume it is illegal to fix it to a vehicle in any state. Putting this on is not really much different than any other way you could hide your plate, you could make a fake plate, remove it entirely, make rotating plates, or a door. Lets be real that isnt going to be allowed, there is a reason you must have a plat.e

I always considered speed tickets as a voluntary taxation.
Want to be taxed? Speed on the road.
I keep my speeding for the track, where it is much more fun anyways, and i respect speed limits on the road... you rarely gain much time by speeding anyways... save a couple red lights, you gained what? 5 minutes? woop dee fuc*ing doo.

On the other hand, im glad the other guys are speeding. That way they dont have to come get that money thru regular taxes.

This man speaks the truth.

But I am sometimes guilty of speeding as well :eek:

Never run lights though, that's just stupid.

Knowing how obsessed the US government is with sending people to jail over stupid stuff I can just imagine what kind of jail time you'd get if caught with something like this. Probably 25 years. That seems to be the magic number for silly crimes.

we actually always call him Jon... specifically without the h...

probably is him, i know he was working on something similar

I made one of these myself 2 years ago. I use a 2.5 watt 808nm laser diode in an aluminum frame. It's virtually invisible to the naked eye, but to ANY camera it's a big white ball of light. It's controlled by a switch on my dash. I use it pretty much anywhere there are cameras.

It's also fun to use a parking garages where they try to take a pic of your plate and verify when you leave.

Yes, he was working on this, rich kid, got mad at me so hired data mining agency to dig up my PI. :confused:

I mentioned to him the same technique, a strong infrared source and no clear picture. He dismissed this.

Revenue generation / forced taxation is BS.

Some people say red-light camera's are only for cash grab. It will take a picture of a driver and his or her license plate when they drive through a red light. Motorists generally hate them. Many feel the gadgets are designed to make money for a city, and not to catch bad-guys. However, two devices have just appeared that use similar technology to make red-light camera photos useless to police force. One of the gadgets can be bought now. The other is still raising money to get UL certification.

Thread necro spam! :rolleyes:

Back