Hellgate: Redemption

Making my HGL swag relevant again?

fssmain-1.jpg

IIRC, this was Roper's office:
fssmain-2.jpg

fssmain-3.jpg

fssmain-6.jpg

fssmain-8.jpg

And I think this one was Brevik's office... it's possible I got the two mixed up:

fssmain-7.jpg

I'm cautiously interested....with all my favorite memories being trashed lately though - D4/Homeworld/Kerbal/Skylines etc - it is hard to have any faith a proper Hellgate will see the light of day.

Hellgate sounded amazing on paper and had a shit ton of potential which was all squandered by poor implementation, bugs and lack of content. I don't know if bragging about having Bill Roper heading up the team working on the sequel is the greatest decision given what a mess his original game was. That being said, I'm excited to see if he can create the game originally intended on his second attempt. If he does, I'll be there day one!

EDIT: Looking at his career since Hellgate, I don't have high hopes.

Last edited:
Hellgate sounded amazing on paper and had a shit ton of potential which was all squandered by poor implementation, bugs and lack of content. I don't know if bragging about having Bill Roper heading up the team working on the sequel is the greatest decision given what a mess his original game was. That being said, I'm excited to see if he can create the game originally intended on his second attempt. If he does, I'll be there day one!

EDIT: Looking at his career since Hellgate, I don't have high hopes.
I don't know, a lot of people seemed to like Disney Infinity.

Hellgate definitely does seem to be Roper's passion project. That is the only glimmer of hope here.

This thread brought back memories of the dreadful memory leak issues from Hellgate London lol

I convinced quite a few of my friends to buy the original, and man I REALLY was looking forward it. It was sooooo bad that even to this day, we still have a specific voice channel in Discord called Hellgate London Fans only.

I just......i dont believe this will be good. I just cannot fathom after all this time to try to make a new one when the other totally ripped us off.

Brings back bad memories for me lol

I convinced quite a few of my friends to buy the original, and man I REALLY was looking forward it. It was sooooo bad that even to this day, we still have a specific voice channel in Discord called Hellgate London Fans only.

I just......i dont believe this will be good. I just cannot fathom after all this time to try to make a new one when the other totally ripped us off.

Brings back bad memories for me lol
I see your discord channel and raise you an armor piece named after me in the game, lol

1711641208770.png

I payed the first one at launch and kinda enjoyed it mainly due to the false hope it would get better with time which never happened.

Still somewhat interested in a sequel but my expectations are very low.

I bought the original on launch day along with convincing several friends to buy into it....

It was.... forgettable?

Actually reinstalled Hellgate London 2023 like a year ago just to see what was up - I think I played for like 45 minutes

- I was on IRC before H:L launched and chatted with Roper a couple times. He was a nice guy and gave me several invites to the Mythos beta. WHICH was 10x better than H:L ever was

I put many hours in original Hellgate and enjoyed it quite a lot.
But that was long time ago and now there are plenty of games that build on Helldivers formula.
Steam is filled with indie fps/Diablo like games.

I actually liked Hellgate London. I still have my collector box of it around here somewhere.

Hopefully this game gets made.

Back