Have you seen this gtx 295 bios? Possible 5970 killer.

PS3

[H]ard|Gawd
295bios.jpg

Found this on an ebay ad...can't find it any where on the internet though. He called it the supercharged bios, lol.

Use it on yours and tell us about it. This bios may indeed add to the card the capability to sing you to sleep at night then get out of your computer case, walk over to where a 5970 lives and kill it. :rolleyes:

Well if someone has the evga 295 ftw bios let me know.

Well if someone has the evga 295 ftw bios let me know.

What's wrong? You already spent far more cash on the card, what's a few dollars more to confirm that this bios can kill a 5970? You started the thread so you must've thought it was important right?

It's some custom bios that the ebay seller used, thought it might be somewhere on the net. 295 aint here yet. I actually found the co-op 295 ftw bios but I'm wondering what's the difference between co-op 295 and my regular pny 295....:cool: besides the $200 price difference :p

Its just modded clock speed...use nibitor and make your own..

Capture-1.png

I'm just going to flash the stock ftw bios actually...Nbitor doesn't support the 295. Looks like you have to donate in order to get teh version that does support the 295. The co-op bios won't conflict with my pny card I gather, seeing that both are single pcb versions I take? I mean...what do they mean by 'co-op.'

Use it on yours and tell us about it. This bios may indeed add to the card the capability to sing you to sleep at night then get out of your computer case, walk over to where a 5970 lives and kill it. :rolleyes:

lol... why are you so mad over someone's opinion

He's just sharing something he found online, and share his thoughts on it. Never claim it to be a fact.

I'm just going to flash the stock ftw bios actually...Nbitor doesn't support the 295. Looks like you have to donate in order to get teh version that does support the 295. The co-op bios won't conflict with my pny card I gather, seeing that both are single pcb versions I take? I mean...what do they mean by 'co-op.'

Nbitor does support the 295. To get Nbitor all you have to do is pay like a dollar to help support the cause. You might as well invest in the program and do it the right way. Also you better check and make sure your card can handle the ftw clocks first.

I got 700 core pretty easy with a small voltage jump and modding my own clocks with Nbitor. Now this was with the dual card version. The single cards you can't mod the voltages so it limits your overclocks. Heat was one of the main problems overclocking that high. Fan on high couldn't even keep the temps down. Water was the only way.

He's just sharing something he found online, and share his thoughts on it. Never claim it to be a fact.
LOL, Lorien is justified because PS3 is a known troll. Anyone who follows PS3's posts will know this. All he does is cleverly start threads that make him feel whatever he recently purchased is justified. Case of low self-esteem if you ask me. He just bought a gtx 295 a few days ago and is awaiting its arrival. I think its been like three or four days since he purchased it. Go look at his posts and see how many threads he has started in that time that has something to do with the 295. He's even tried stating that the 295 is faster than the 5970 because in Modern Warfare 2 the 5970 had lower min frames for like 1 millsec. Before he bought the 295, he got a ATI 5850. Go see how many silly threads he started regarding that card. THe funniest thing is he can't even fit a gtx 295 in his case. The guy is a silly troll. EOM

And I seriously do not think he intends to flash his 295 bios, but rather just trying to creat flame war saying how it can beat a 5970.

Here is a perfect example.
http://www.hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1034923707&postcount=10

Last edited:

He's a known troll. I just want to make sure that if he is going to troll, he does a good job at it.

On topic: This "5970 killer" bios is nothing more than the bios of an overclocked card with tweaked voltages. Anyone who really intended to do this, could learn how to do it by editing their own or would simply buy it from that guy on Ebay. The saying: "Put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind.

LOL, Lorien is justified because PS3 is a known troll. Anyone who follows PS3's posts will know this. All he does is cleverly start threads that make him feel whatever he recently purchased is justified. Case of low self-esteem if you ask me. He just bought a gtx 295 a few days ago and is awaiting its arrival. I think its been like three or four days since he purchased it. Go look at his posts and see how many threads he has started in that time that has something to do with the 295. He's even tried stating that the 295 is faster than the 5970 because in Modern Warfare 2 the 5970 had lower min frames for like 1 millsec. Before he bought the 295, he got a ATI 5850. Go see how many silly threads he started regarding that card. THe funniest thing is he can't even fit a gtx 295 in his case. The guy is a silly troll. EOM

And I seriously do not think he intends to flash his 295 bios, but rather just trying to creat flame war saying how it can beat a 5970.

lol couldnt agree more.. i think ps3's brother is trolling the overclocking & cooling section of the forum as well.. even if its not his brother they are officially brothers now on this forum.. all either of them do is create retarded useless posts and troll the forum..

/me begs the mods to pull out the ban stick.. come on.. i know its covered in cobwebs but it needs to be used every now and then..

This is the same guy who claimed to have accidently flashed his 5850 to a 5870 bios and it was suddenly faster than a 5870. He's gotten really old really quick. I'm wonder if he actually owns any of this crap or just likes to make up stories.

BTW, I just bought a 6970 and modded it with the unreleased 7970 bios I found on craigslist. I'll put some some screen caps later of it beating the pants off a 495 when I get home.

Nbitor does support the 295. To get Nbitor all you have to do is pay like a dollar to help support the cause. You might as well invest in the program and do it the right way. Also you better check and make sure your card can handle the ftw clocks first.

I got 700 core pretty easy with a small voltage jump and modding my own clocks with Nbitor. Now this was with the dual card version. The single cards you can't mod the voltages so it limits your overclocks. Heat was one of the main problems overclocking that high. Fan on high couldn't even keep the temps down. Water was the only way.

Can't mod voltages? :(

Dang, I figured the ftw bios would give me a voltage bump. I will not go water, no room in the case. :D If I can get FTW clocks then that will be ok. If I can't, oh well.

THe funniest thing is he can't even fit a gtx 295 in his case.

I will flash if my card can handle ftw clocks.

I've checked for fitment and it would seem that the 295 will fit. The 295 is 10.5" and is about the same length as my carb tune pro. Length wise the carb tune pro fits great. Only issue I see happening is if the fan doesn't clear the hard drive. Look like it might, but I don't know.

He's a known troll. I just want to make sure that if he is going to troll, he does a good job at it.

On topic: This "5970 killer" bios is nothing more than the bios of an overclocked card with tweaked voltages. Anyone who really intended to do this, could learn how to do it by editing their own or would simply buy it from that guy on Ebay. The saying: "Put your money where your mouth is" comes to mind.

lol couldnt agree more.. i think ps3's brother is trolling the overclocking & cooling section of the forum as well.. even if its not his brother they are officially brothers now on this forum.. all either of them do is create retarded useless posts and troll the forum..

/me begs the mods to pull out the ban stick.. come on.. i know its covered in cobwebs but it needs to be used every now and then..

This is the same guy who claimed to have accidently flashed his 5850 to a 5870 bios and it was suddenly faster than a 5870. He's gotten really old really quick. I'm wonder if he actually owns any of this crap or just likes to make up stories.

BTW, I just bought a 6970 and modded it with the unreleased 7970 bios I found on craigslist. I'll put some some screen caps later of it beating the pants off a 495 when I get home.

I agree with all these posts. PS3 is posting excessively and narcissistically. He's spammed three other threads in the last two days about this supposed GTX 295 he's getting:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1470319
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1469552
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1469510

Not to mention all the other threads he's started recently.

Hopefully he will learn to consolidate threads.

Last edited:

Actually, PS3 had some good advice on this one thread a few years back. He told me to flash my PS2 bios to a PS3 bios. Ever since then I've been watching Blueray movies on my PS2...and in full HD video too. How the 1080p signal is sent thru the S-video cable just blows my mind. Thanks Mr. PS3!!

Actually, PS3 had some good advice on this one thread a few years back. He told me to flash my PS2 bios to a PS3 bios. Ever since then I've been watching Blueray movies on my PS2...and in full HD video too. How the 1080p signal is sent thru the S-video cable just blows my mind. Thanks Mr. PS3!!

Shit! I don't have a PS3 yet, can I get that bios?

Unless higher clocks can improve its performance by over 30%, add DX11 and Eyefinity support, then no, it's not a 5970 killer.

All i can say is if Sonda5 got a temp ban then this guy definately deserves one.

I think i also heard there was a new bios released for Gtx295 that put pictures of pretty ponys on the screen in games.. PRETTY PONYS!!!

I don't really hate PS3, he's allright compared to some other people.

He actually did have the 5850, and the 5.7 million pictures that he has posted of that card in his case (that I like) pretty much prove it. He also has a few threads on that.

For the voltage thing, PS3, get nbitor... you already paid 330usd for the card, might as well make the relatively small jump to get the '295' version.

Voltages could not be adjusted on the dualPCB version, but iirc, the single PCB version will allow you to.

and... Good luck.

I just traded for a 9800gx2... so I am in a similar boat, here.

It's the other way around dual allows for voltage tweaks but single does not. Can always hardwire thou http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=231790

Hey thanks Bro, I just looked at that thread and wow. Those guys are doing some amazing stuff with the 295. I'd be happy if I could get to 700 on the core but I doubt it. Did you do the volt mods to your card? Looks pretty tough...a lot of room for error. I'll keep those mods in mind if my card is that weak. I think I'd be happy with the ftw clocks...it's like 648/2160...and no chance of killing the card...except maybe during the bios flash I guess.

Hey thanks Bro, I just looked at that thread and wow. Those guys are doing some amazing stuff with the 295. I'd be happy if I could get to 700 on the core but I doubt it. Did you do the volt mods to your card? Looks pretty tough...a lot of room for error. I'll keep those mods in mind if my card is that weak. I think I'd be happy with the ftw clocks...it's like 648/2160...and no chance of killing the card...except maybe during the bios flash I guess.

I've only owned dual GTX295's for the tweaking. All the mods done through the bios. I've kept the card I have now stock other than adding the back plate.

A lightly overclocked 295 beating a 5970 rofl hahahaha and Im a nvidia nut swinger and can see the light for ATI.

My highly voltage modded and Ice chilled Gtx285's in SLI clocked at
780+mhz core being fed 1.4volts to there poor little cores dont even touch that ATI beast. And those GPU-Z fillrate and pixel rate shit is a joke, Ill dig up my screen shots of my 285 at 790mhz core and almost 200gig of v-ram bandwidth. That Ati card might not have the synthetic numbers of my beefed up 285's but that dosnt mean the 5970 wont stomp the shit out of it. :DThe 5970 is just a insane powerfull card and I would rock one out if I didnt spend so much on the two modded 285's and the other stock 285 for physx. Also I play alot of physx based games like (sacred 2,UT3, Batman, etc) so If it would be easy to get a 5970 and my 285 to work nice togethor I would sell my to modded 285's for one of these. Poor 295 nvidia nutswingers........... Im just playin I would like one to play with but would like a 5970 much more :)

I'm not seeing anything special? 2 GTX 275s can be modded for that, too... and in SLI, they still won't touch the 5790 is almost every game. The only exceptions are the games that are heavily biased toward Nvidia hardware, and even then that is definitely subject to change based on maturing drivers and possible patches for games to get rid of the HW bias. Speaking of GTX 275s... I have a thread to start when I get home.

Yes. You can see why people respect his opinion on these matters so much.

yeah... his thread was way to confusing.

At first a sub100usd card, then suddenly, it triples to a 330USD card!?:confused:

Not only that, he is posting how modding a BIOS can get get his - at best - second best card, to get 'top dawg' level performance. and this thread is the second time he's tried to do that.:eek:

different cards, too.

I do like his: 'XFX warranty' and his 'cramped mATX' thread, however.

Omg ROFL :D BTW one GTX295 is about as fast as 5870. 5790 is like 50-60% faster then one 5870 so in short you gonna oc your 295 like 50% ? and kill the 5970? good luck with that!

Last edited:
Back