HardForum user Vega: Quad Titan 5Ghz 24/7 rig -- Possibly world's fastest non-LN2 rig

Just realised, title of thread is kind of misleading, there are people out there that have no interest in benchmarks that have the same or more powerful rigs for gaming/work, a few dual Xeon system's come to mind from XS.

Just realised, title of thread is kind of misleading, there are people out there that have no interest in benchmarks that have the same or more powerful rigs for gaming/work, a few dual Xeon system's come to mind from XS.
World's fast *gaming* non-LN2 rig. I tried to squeeze the word in, but couldn't.
But, yes, you're right -- the word definitely should be there (even if I had to edit the rest of the title shorter).

Heat dump into ground?
I find it quite interesting. Use it as a heater in the winter; but be able to switch and make it do a heat dump into the ground in the summer -- probably some kind of a heat pump system. We oughta ask.

Not sure why you needed to make a second thread on this... Vega's got a perfectly good one going on here: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1751610
IMHO, that thread really should have been here instead -- I think he posted in the wrong place. Not everyone is interested in the monitors part of the setup...
The build itself, the four Titans and the 3DMark benchmark is very eye-catching.

Pointless after the 2nd GPU. Only 30% gain from the 3rd gpu and lol, probably only 10% from the 4th.

Colossal waste of money

Pointless after the 2nd GPU. Only 30% gain from the 3rd gpu and lol, probably only 10% from the 4th.

Colossal waste of money
Actually, it scales surprisingly well. Better than those numbers. He bought only 3 Titans, but decided a 4th was worth it. Got a massive gain from the 4th in Crysis 3.

Vega's YouTube of Crysis 3 -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qh5lL8GbYTQ

As you can see in the statistics shown at the top in the video, all four GPU's pushed by 80%-90% by Crysis 3 at maxed-out settings. We're talking near-4K @ averaging 100-160fps, vsync off. Yes. Crysis 3. 160fps in many parts. Rarely goes under 100. Maxed-out Ultra settings. On three 120 Hz stroboscopic-mode monitors.

Last edited:
Bezels, gaps etc etc, yukky.

I bet you pull over when your driving your car too. Those pillars are just damn ugly too?

90% of the ppl that complain about bezels have either never played on a Multi-Monitor system or could never afford it.

I bet you pull over when your driving your car too. Those pillars are just damn ugly too?

90% of the ppl that complain about bezels have either never played on a Multi-Monitor system or could never afford it.

Could never afford it??? Lol...some people just don't like the bezels. Matter of preference. Not funds..

I salute you sir, for a job very well done.
This is the most impressive system I've seen in years. :cool:

Using a trackball mouse for FPS? That's madness
He's probably used to it, from his own CRT days (GDM W900's). Trackballs were sometimes good with some people, especially if you weren't hampered by motion blur. From the YouTube comment:

Vega said:
I used to be a competitive FPS player, I use a M570 thumb trackball. It makes target acquisition and turns pretty fast. ;)

I think he flys helicopters if I remember right

Yeah most of his avatars on forums are various helicopters and such if I recall, so definitely sounds about right. So in other words he probably makes good money, but he is not a multi multi multi millionaire like people on here and other forums think he is. Like another poster said - its his hobby. I'm sure instead of buying a high end theater sound system (which I'm guilty of), or 3 new bass guitars (which I'm guilty of...), or a new lawn mower (...), he instead spent it on doing something crazy.

I'm sure if any of us added up some of our stupid hobby costs, it would come close to doing this in a year. Hell, what I just mentioned there in two years - 3 basses = 3k, sound system 4k, lawn mower= 1k. Now of course I'm strapped for cash now, but hey!

If you think this is crazy, go see how much random joe schmoes who really make next nothing in like Cuba put into RC helicopters, and stuff. People will put tons of money into things if it makes them happy. On youtube there are people in like 1 bedroom studio townhouses flying TRex 700s... 2000 dollar RC helicopters. It is what it is.

All I seen was a 3dmark link and a youtube link posted. Unless he edited it out?

Not sure why Vega hasn't posted in here though.

was does Mark Rejhon need to promote Vega so much for?...Vega's rigs and builds are amazing on their own but in every thread of Vega's Mark seems to be promoting and advertising him to extreme levels...Vega should have started this thread to begin with

was does Mark Rejhon need to promote Vega so much for?...Vega's rigs and builds are amazing on their own but in every thread of Vega's Mark seems to be promoting and advertising him to extreme levels...Vega should have started this thread to begin with

I'm guessing to get his website hits as the photos link to his website, and not to the actual images on imgur or the like.

I'm guessing to get his website hits as the photos link to his website, and not to the actual images on imgur or the like.
No, that was edited out too.
No links in this thread goes to my site anymore. Again, apologies.

P.S. Yes I sometimes do increase exposure to convince manufacturers (increased Titan sales, increased monitor sales) of a real market for stroboscopic backlights. It seems to be possibly working; finally got ASUS/NewEgg (in their YouTube interview) to indirectly admit as such that there is demand. Hope it comes to IPS. However, this thread is on topic to GeForce Titan's (people interested) and has already been cleaned of links to my site for this particular thread. Use HardOCP's links instead and support HardForum.

Meanwhile, Vega used to run three FW900 CRT's in surround. Look at the big bezels. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScNdwuIm64

Last edited:
7680x1600 Ultra Settings It's Meant To Be Played.:D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970285643
P1020758.jpg:original

Last edited:
I like how that guy above me got his nice triple 2560*1660 monitors running up but is using g35 garbage usb headphones with no sound card. Step it up and buy a sound card and decent headphones please. Not like you can't afford it and you'll thank me latter.

Holy crap this thing is insane. Ill make sure to show my wife so she will feel blessed I ONLY went with dual 680's :D

7680x1600 Ultra Settings It's Meant To Be Played.:D
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970285643
Code:
http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo120/michael211/P1020758.jpg:original
Old news, I've been doing that since 2010. Even doing 8000x2560 at a point.
101_2900.jpg

BTW, Bioshock Infinite was pretty darn awesome at 7680x1600.
Maybe I should do another crazy 5x30" setup, either that or build a smaller 6000x1920 next to this one.

101_2900.jpg

Maybe I should do another crazy 5x30" setup, either that or build a smaller 6000x1920 next to this one.

Glad too see the SNES on display. And super jelly of both of those setups.

No, that was edited out too.
No links in this thread goes to my site anymore. Again, apologies.

P.S. Yes I sometimes do increase exposure to convince manufacturers (increased Titan sales, increased monitor sales) of a real market for stroboscopic backlights. It seems to be possibly working; finally got ASUS/NewEgg (in their YouTube interview) to indirectly admit as such that there is demand. Hope it comes to IPS. However, this thread is on topic to GeForce Titan's (people interested) and has already been cleaned of links to my site for this particular thread. Use HardOCP's links instead and support HardForum.

Meanwhile, Vega used to run three FW900 CRT's in surround. Look at the big bezels. :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FScNdwuIm64

I don't care why you made the thread, but it did convince me to buy an ASUS VG248QE since apparently I have been "living under a rock" and didn't know about Lightboost. It also convinced me to remove the AG coating from an old U2211H I had sitting around but couldn't really stand due to the AG; followed the guide in this thread and it came off easily!

Hesitant to give up my IPS panel and 2560x1440 res, but I'm excited to try some gaming with Lightboost, so hopefully it's worth it. Probably would have missed Vega's build without this, so thanks for making the thread.

Pshh, where is the fifth Titan for PhyX? Lame. Might as well play on a 386.

101_2900.jpg

That's pretty awesome that 2x7970 Xfire could do Bioshock at 7680x1600. To be honest I wasn't completely satisfied with overclocked 2x680 SLI at just 1920x1200.

Back