[H]ardOCP & ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II Giveaway

The quiter fans would allow the WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor) to be bypassed so that I would not have to wait for my PC to boot and be ready to game at any time I can.
The Direct CU II copper contact heatsink will keep my PC quiet and cool.

The Digi+ VRM will allow me to gain more power as needed for more intensive games so that I don't have to even think about cranking graphics down.

The GPU Tweak would allow me to overclock when gaming, and throttle down when not, and allow me to use a preset core voltage for a certain overclock with a quick setting.

Not to mention the great features that come with the nVidia 660 TI starts with. 3D Surround gaming, GPU boost, Adaptive V-Sync, SLI, DX 11, etc.

Hopefully, I am not late to this. My gaming experience can be greatly benefited from a powerful, efficient and silent ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II! This is one of the best all-around video cards in this generation.

ASUS GTX670-DC2-2GD5 features DirectCU II, 20% cooler and vastly quieter with exclusive DirectCU II thermal solution, NVIDIA GPU Boos

The DirectCu II cooler will allow me replace an older louder reference cooler. Additionally, the support for up to 4 display connections at once is awesome.

Asus GeForce GTX660Ti CuII giveaway, what I like about the 660Ti is DX11, the power efficiency and the duall cooling fans, also the gaming performance.

Quite simply, ASUS products and [H]ardOCP Rock!

ASUS never fails to impress me with the rock solid build quality, and the longevity to prove it. My gaming system still retains the original(!) ASUS Maximus Formula. It’s been running overclocked from day 1. It is now 5 years old, and still remains just as stable as the first day I brought the system home.

I’ve been reading all the great reviews done on the ASUS Geforce GTX 660ti DirectCU II by the dedicated crew at [H]ardOCP. I know it will be just as impressive, and would be most welcome in my case. Isn’t that enough?

I’ve also been a long-time daily reader (well over a decade) to [H]ardOCP. You guys do a superb job, and I wouldn’t think of spending my hard-earned cash on upgrades without checking your extensive reviews first. ‘Nuff said!

Last edited:
What I like about the card is the outstanding cooling with low noise. The enhanced electronics that make the card more efficient and durable compared to other manufactures. And the performance that sets it apart from the competition.

I recently upgraded to a ASUS Maximus V Formula (which I love so far btw, better sound quality than my old Xonar) but I still have some last gen ATi cards which I am beginning to grow tired of. Mostly its troublesome driver and crossfire issues but mostly I am disappointed in the fact they will not support PhysX in the new Borderlands 2 title. The preview videos showing off the tech look amazing, and it looks like I will be missing a significant amount of eye candy using these ATi cards. I have been debating about getting NVidia cards simply for this feature alone.

These things also get quite toasty during gaming sessions out here in the NM desert (thanks btw USAF for stationing me out here) and manually setting fan speeds to avoid BSODs and lockups is almost as annoying as the noise level by doing so. The CU cards pretty much avoid that issue all together.

It would also be fantastic if my video cards could use the full potential of the PIC-E 3.0 architecture supported by my new Maximus V Formula. I used to be a hardcore ATi fanboi, but after switching to an Intel chip I think I may want to take the NVidia plunge into graphics cards as well. I have been using ASUS brand products for more than a decade now and I have yet to be disappointed.

Been using ASUS products for a long time now (6 years+) and simply put they are the best in computer parts. They put the great research in and the result is always a product that has great reliability, build quality, and performance. Never once I have had an ASUS product become faulty and their support website and forums are great to find help if you need it.

Since them entering the video card field, they bring so much more to the table compared to other manufacturers. The cooling vs noise ratio on the DirectCU II cooler is the best out there. Even gives you room to overclock without spending more money on custom coolers. What I also like is the changes ASUS do to their video card PCBs from reference design. They add and move reliable components for better power efficiency and better cooling. Simply all of this just smashes the rest of the competition out there.

Overall I love it and all of this will help out my rig quite a bit. It would give me better performance over my very old GTX 260s and giving me better cooling inside my case. Plus with my trust with ASUS, I won't be disappointed!

DirectCU II cooler is more efficient at keeping the GPU cool under stress and high load.

What? Are you kidding me? This stuff will be way better than the old as hell junk I got now!! I don't even think my old graphics card has a cooling system. Not even sure its able to generate heat. Not anything like the DirectCU that keeps that monster graphics chip cool. Man this would so be better!:cool:

The newest best value performance card available. Runs super cool, has all the video outputs you need, is super quiet, energy efficient. It's one card that will last a long time in my case.

For me, it would be nice to get back to Nvidia hardware.

The cooler appears to perform well at a low volume.

Could pass my current video card down to my kid.

Could never afford to actually buy.

The Asus GeForce GTX660Ti is perfect for my Home theater PC. It provides amazing picture quality, fantastic performance for gaming, while doing it efficiently and quietly.

So, other than the fact that it's about twice my current card, Asus and therefore likely not going to require a fan replacement three months into it that the company wants me to ship the card back to them to replace and also need to pay for shipping both ways, that it runs with less power and lower heat output... I forgot what you were wanting?

I've been a fan of Asus for years, since my first system was opened by me and I found a http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=AGP-V3800M-32M inside it. Since then I've owned a varied bunch of cards, lo these many years. How would it make my game better? By being Asus, it will make me unconcerned about its ability to play through a long day, that's how.

This card would be a significant upgrade to the gtx550ti I am currently using and a better match performance wise for my i5-3570k processor.

been playing directx9 low pixel games for so long, I so need of an upgrade, this card benefits so much in graphics, value, layout, cooling and 2GB :) love ASUS.

Lower power draw would be nice. Full PhysX support in games even nicer, since I'm currently in camp red.

Well 3gb of memory at 6008 MHz (1502 MHz GDDR5) would be nice. The fact that this card uses less power and produces less heat is great.
This would be a vast improvement over my two older Asus 8800GTX 768MB cards in sli. I think it is about time to upgrade and produce less heat and power.

The cooling and better power circuitry features of this card are the main features that I'm interested in vs the reference 660Ti cards.

This card would be quite nice for a HTPC setup that also does double duty for single screen gaming.

A new ASUS GeForce GTX 660Ti DirectCU II would be a nice upgrade to my aging 8800GT!

I should find it easier to score with the ladies with this new hardware in my system:cool:

DirectCU2 means the card is cool and quiet -- just about the quietest ever! Performance per watt is top-notch and the price, really, couldn't be better!

I would love to replace the GTX560Ti my girlfriend has with a 660Ti!

DirectX 11 sure beats my old 3850 (which I think does DX10). Power efficient. FAST. Lots of memory (I only have 512 MB, so 4 times as much!). FAST! And it looks pretty damn cool.

GTX 660 Ti = 28nm chip, which means it produces less heat than my older graphics card :D

lol @ ASUS and [H] reading 46+ pages of kissing ass to make their decision. i dont envy that job. probably a great card but i know nothing about it. congrats to the winners!

Last edited:
I’ve been a gamer for many years. I prefer to play MMORPGs and started in a little game called Everquest. I played exactly way too much, but I got one great thing out of the game. I met a female barbarian warrior in Crystal Caverns. I ended up in her group after my guild ditched me, so, being the ranger, I pulled for their group. I hated how bubbly and girly she was, while she hated how cocky and arrogant I was, but we were both such good players and getting such good experience that we dealt with. Obviously, this led us to get married about 4 years later, and we recently celebrated our 6th anniversary.

Now, we don’t game as much as we used to, we have those pesky things called jobs now, but we still enjoy sitting and playing MMO’s like we always have. However, for the past several years it’s been expensive to maintain two gaming computers for the new graphically intensive MMO’s, so I always buy the newest video card, and she ends up with my hand-me-down. This works great except for the fact that when I play, all these new cards cause a buzzing in my right ear. It always abnormally high in pitch and sounds something like “when do I get a new card?” A few months after getting the card that noise tends to calm down a little, but then I think the fans start to go because the buzz changes to a “it’s really hot in here” type of sound.

While I have done my best to ignore these irritating noises I am convinced that the root cause is the video card in my wife’s machine. When I saw this deal put on by two wonderful companies I realized that I knew the solution! I’ve owned so many different boards in the past from MSI to Abit to EVGA and more, but the only ones sitting in my closet that still work after being retired are Asus boards. The company really does make a solid product and they actually seem to test their designs. The great part about the new 660ti is that it runs cooler and will keep our playing environment much nicer, and it’s quiet, so maybe for once I’ll have Asus to thank for the buzz going away!

I really hope to win, lest the buzzing noise turn into “I am leaving you”!!!!

Since I moved to Florida I'm considering downgrading to a 660ti in order to prevent my new home from completely melting everytime I turn on my PC. With this cards advanced cooling and lower power consumption I would be able to overclock it and maintain my current level of gaming performance, without requiring the Misses to provide a constant stream of cold towels and lemonade.

:)

Back