[H]ard|OCP Bad Company 2 Group

Note: Even public servers that are locked are treated as Private servers, therefore EA/DICE will detect and treat as unranked.

I got this information by thinking of doing the same thing, to get around not being "allowed" to have ranked private servers, and spoken at-length with NFO regarding the issue... no dice, it wont work.

EA/DICE, if detecting a server is password protected, via their own software, turn the server into unranked until the password is removed (I believe the server will then go back to ranked, but you might want to check to be sure about that).

Apparently, they [EA/DICE] are very serious about not allowing any ranked private servers what-so-ever, and there's no way around it.

Just to let people know who are thinking of using the same method as I was, such as dot_Zen mentioned. I'm glad I though enough to ask if this trick would work, and I'm glad NFO was knowledgeable enough to give me a definitive answer.

I don't know why EA/DICE did things this way, but it's really irritating.

To make it more difficult to boost / stat pad I imagine.

To make it more difficult to boost / stat pad I imagine.

Yeah, that's been the "general consensus", but that's a little harsh, IMO. Not having private ranked servers only furthers to make things more difficult for clans and the online community in general.

Such as dot_Zen's idea, I had planned on giving the password to a public ranked, but locked, server to only those I personally know and other mature adults interested in playing, such as my wife, old clan-mates, other friends, and making the offer to any other mature individuals, such as anyone here on [H]. However, they're making that impossible if you want a ranked server.

I would not hesitate myself.

My server is accually up, But only with the R1 serverside patch, The R3 should be up monday night or tuesday morning with more access and serverside options.

I am HOPING it will be monday night so I can setup the server before everyone starts playing.

Good luck :) and yes this is why I pre-order the server saves me $30 a month :)

I was going to pre-order myself, but what are the patches you mentioned here? Are they applied automatically? Or are they something you have to know about/find manually and patch?

Since I have no server up with NFO yet and haven't hosted one in about five years, I'd like to make sure the server I get up is running as it should be day of launch.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's been the "general consensus", but that's a little harsh, IMO. Not having private ranked servers only furthers to make things more difficult for clans and the online community in general.

Such as dot_Zen's idea, I had planned on giving the password to a public ranked, but locked, server to only those I personally know and other mature adults interested in playing, such as my wife, old clan-mates, other friends, and making the offer to any other mature individuals, such as anyone here on [H]. However, they're making that impossible if you want a ranked server.

The only solution it seems will be to have enough trustworthy people to admin the server to keep the asshats at bay. Sucks to have to require that, I don't mind adminning servers I used to do it quite a bit and wouldnt mind doing it once I get back from my deployment.

The only solution it seems will be to have enough trustworthy people to admin the server to keep the asshats at bay. Sucks to have to require that, I don't mind adminning servers I used to do it quite a bit and wouldnt mind doing it once I get back from my deployment.

Exactly.

At the moment, it would be only me as admin, but if get to know someone and they're trustworthy, I'd certainly could use one or two other admins keeping an eye on things.

Of course, that still doesn't resolve the problem of being able to run the server privately and still have it ranked, but it does at least allow for more control in general.

At least the ability to kick/move people etc. to make room for friends, clan-mates etc. can be used.

I'm still speaking with NFO getting as much info as possible, and right now, here's a little more info (which will go for anyone renting a server from anyone):

- server commands are going initially be a little limited, but an update will follow soon after release allowing for more server-side options and functionality

I'm basically quoting.

Still seem like good people. Hosted with them years ago, and will probably be hosting with them now, most likely pre-ordering this afternoon when I have the chance.

Steam ID andyspants and soldier ID the same if I remember correctly.

Add me on Steam, as I currently have all of three friends I think. I am a pretty recent Steam user, I don't know what I was thinking before.

I bought a retail copy and I cant wait.

Another server to add to the list:

Server Name: Pain Inverter
Server IP: pi.nuclearfallout.net (64.94.100.239:19567)
players: 32
Type: Conquest only, 24/7
Site: http://pi.site.nfoservers.com

Will be kept as "adult-friendly" as possible.

West Coast and some Midwest pings should be excellent.

Last edited:
BC2 name is BravO)))
go figure. Hit me up as I usually run with my clan and we can take out points over vent. We can have "Sexy good time."

Add another [H]ard server to the list, this one for the East Coast gamers:
64.94.238.234:19567, or elnino.nuclearfallout.net:19567
Atlanta based
32 players

Rented it for myself and a few friends (split costs) because I can't stand most servers (bad admins/no admins, crappy map rotation, etc).

For now, it's set to Rush mode with all Rush maps in rotation, but may change to Conquest if it seems more fun. The number of maps in rotation will be reduced once I figure out which ones suck, since the most successful servers tend to specialize in some form or other.

Game name is [RR]Grimble :)

See you all online tomorrow @ 6pm! Server is up and accepting connections already, so if you're one of the lucky ones that ordered through EA's DD store and already have access to the game, feel free to join up.

I will hook up with ya'll as well once i get the game and my computer back on friday... think my steam name is
SSWehrwolf or some variation thereof lol

Yar My [H] server is up now

IP: Tig.nuclearfallout.net
Players: 32
Mode: Conquest
Options: Kill Cam off, Non-hardcore

Any suggestions or comments are welcome once the website is up, should be soon :)

Good luck and happy killing [H] people

Hey guys, I bought the game from BB. I've installed it, how can I put it on steam? I've tried to activate it on steam, but it says invalid key.

Hey guys, I bought the game from BB. I've installed it, how can I put it on steam? I've tried to activate it on steam, but it says invalid key.

Retail games don't work on steam unless specified otherwise.

I had to wait 4 hours until I could play BC2 cause of school... but it was so freaking worth it, multiplayer is so epic. I've been playing engineer mostly on conquest because it feels like there is a constant stream of tanks and apcs looking to mess you up.

As I stated before, my in-game name is Fliff so feel free to friend request me, always on the look for friends to play with rather than randoms.

Some tips I've gathered from my few hours playing

Use Q as much as you can to spot enemies, a red arrow will appear above their head that all teammates can see.

If you are gonna sprint in an open field, be sure to serpentine, which is strafing left and right repeatedly while sprinting. There are alot of jerkwad recons looking to mess up your fun :(.

I've waited over 20-30 seconds before updating the server list, but the server filters on the right will significantly reduce the load time. With all filters applied, it takes less than 5 seconds for the servers to fully update.

I'll post more tips as I continue playing.

How do you redeem your unlocks in Steam? I tried entering my cd key in the "Redeem Code" box, but it doesn't work.

Steam ID: bpmurr

I look forward to playing with some [H] members. I'm trying to get back into PC gaming again and this seems like a good game to do it with.

So how do I choose the servers we posted? I went to server list and typed in the server name and nothing happens. Probably a really stupid question, but I'm tired and sick and just not making heads or tails of the server menu

Only some of the servers are being looked up.; I found pain inverter but it only had 1 person on it...

This still going?

Steam ID: defy
Soldier ID: defy_nC

Last edited:
Only some of the servers are being looked up.; I found pain inverter but it only had 1 person on it...

pain inverter has been full since I've been on, but we've been getting overrun all day and no one talks on my team. Seems like everyone is recon or assault which kinda sucks, but makes sense when you don't play as a team.

My BC2 name is Zepher
for some reason I don't think it picked up my BF2 Veteran Status.

steam id: mark076h
soldier: mark076h

i will be on later tonight but only playing on non punkbuster servers because i cant play on servers that have punkbuster enabled or i get kicked:rolleyes:

Would anyone be interested in using Teamspeak/mumble, if i had one available? Kinda getting tired of playing with random people with no team work..

steam id: mark076h
soldier: mark076h

i will be on later tonight but only playing on non punkbuster servers because i cant play on servers that have punkbuster enabled or i get kicked:rolleyes:

Update punkbuster yet?

http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

im pretty sure i did it, what path are you supposed to select for a steam install?

C:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\battlefield Bad company 2\

I would guess? That what I had to do for COD world at war for steam.. dont have BFBC2 on steam, bought it retail.

Any [H]ard east coast gamers want to help fill up my server? The server is "Atlanta NFO - Conquest Rotation."

Any [H]ard east coast gamers want to help fill up my server? The server is "Atlanta NFO - Conquest Rotation."

If you don't mind, since my server browser is completely screwed up and I can't check out any of the servers listed ATM, could you post your server's info listed like on the OP so I can add it to here and the steam group, thanks.

Back