GTX Titan price flux?

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone else notice that while NICX ($50 off) and Amazon ($6 off) have had discounts in the last week on GTX Titan, Newegg is actually raising the price of the base model to $1019 ($20 price hike) on both the Asus and eVGA base models? Super Clock and Signature seem to be unaffected, making the base model a bad purchase compared to the Super Clock. This with the GTX 780 a little over a week away with more likelihood of leaks in the next week or so.

Titan prices should drop precipitously now. Why? I ordered mine. That's why.

I know the feeling, I have the cashy money now to order one, but the price flux makes me very uncomfirtable.

2% price fluctuation does not seem significant.

One thing's for sure, this card will loose a LOT of its value when the next generation will come out.
I bought an used GTX 680 last year that I sold at the exact same price today.
I do not think that the same thing will happen with my new Titans (despite that I paid $750 each thanks to Craiglist)

2% price fluctuation does not seem significant.

One thing's for sure, this card will loose a LOT of its value when the next generation will come out.
I bought an used GTX 680 last year that I sold at the exact same price today.
I do not think that the same thing will happen with my new Titans (despite that I paid $750 each thanks to Craiglist)

Nvidia is not going to shoot themselves in the foot like they did with the 8800 series when they released the GTX version first, and then the Ultra version (Which chewed into sales of the GTX) They were smart this time around in releasing the Titan first, and then the 700 series to follow. I have always been a sucker at having the latest and greatest video card that will push boundaries...and I am very happy with my Titan purchase. Did I somewhat break the bank, yes...but these cards will last me for at least 2 years, but which time, I would have gotten my monies worth because I am able to render stuff in Adobe with all those lovely CUDA engines.

I've seen one for $930-something on amazon as a "like-new" version, too... but yeah, Titan prices will have the floor dropped out from under them (especially second-hand) the instant the 700-series cards launch.

And thats why I returmed my titan yeah it was better than a 680 but not twice the price better.

And thats why I returned my titan yeah it was better than a 680 but not twice the price better.

Nobody expects a linear relationship between price and performance.
That being said, the performance premium of the Titan is too steep at $1,000.

The Titan is $100 too much, but it's a new product. New stuff is always more expensive.

For 1k the damn thing better take my breath away. That being said I was like meh.......

For 1k the damn thing better take my breath away. That being said I was like meh.......

Interesting. Plays latest AAA games on 3monitors with most of the high end video options enabled and no multi gpu issues.... takes my breath away on a regular basis. :)

Back