GTX Titan Owners Thread

/\/\/\ Very nice. I've got one waiting to hook up, not sure I'm going to be able to resist a 2nd. Waiting on the 780s before I open the one I have so I've got some time to ponder.

7680x1600 Max Settings
2013-05-11_00001.jpg~original

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970285643

Last edited:
I fired up the ole Half-Life 2 Lost Coast video stress test just to see how my new system would destroy it.

I had Precision X v4.1 fired up on a second 15" (1280x1024) monitor so I could monitor things and ran the benchmark on the main 24" (1920x1200) monitor.

I begin the test and my Titan was fluctuating between 525 and 692 MHz (about 50-66% of normal boost clock of 1045 MHz)! I'm like WTF is going on? Power is 887-925 mv and power target is between 21-39% for the test.

I'm thinking, oh great some bug in the game/driver, but display is butter smooth so I just try to relax and let the benchmark finish.

Benchmark completes and I get........................................277 fps.

LMFAO. My card is basically idling along and killing the benchmark. Crazy how tech has changed so much.

Edit: Just re-ran benchmark with Vsync enabled. Card stayed at 324 MHz the whole time at 12% power. That is the speed my card runs when I'm just surfing the web.

You know your game/graphics engine is old when your new video card doesn't even need to upclock from it's "IDLING at DESKTOP" speed to max Vsync.

Last edited:
Ok I just acquired a Titan SLI setup! :D
I may not keep the second one due to the excessive performance that I will experienced on my u3011... :eek:

LqKwS6g.jpg

Last edited:
Hum... Tomb Raider Ultimate Quality + TressFX + 2X SSAA at 2560x1600 is barely playable (~30-40FPS) with my Titan SLI setup. Time to overclock those babies?

Last edited:
Hum... Tomb Raider Ultimate Quality + TressFX + 2X SSAA at 2560x1600 is barely playable (~30-40FPS) with my Titan SLI setup. Time to overclock those babies?

You might want to add an SLI bridge. :eek:

I see that the peoples around here have sharp eyes.
The bridge was installed before firing up the PC... ;)

I only played Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. Interestingly, both games require more than 2GB of video memory (around 2.5GB) at 2560*1600 (max settings). That may explain some of the stuttering I had with my previous GTX 680 SLI.

I guess I forgot to add this picture into the thread.

Looks a bit cleaner than what you see here now.

20130407023752.jpg

So I got mine installed this evening. Things seemed to go well so I threw on MSI Afterburner.

1 Question...Is it better to use the fan profiles in the nVidia Drivers or is it much like the Red side in that Afterburner is better...

Haven't run any 3D yet because I want to make sure the cards are set up to handle the temps

SLI seems quite popular amongst Titan owners.
Of course, this is [H]! :cool:

And this alone is why I think the Titan is not a great card considering very few people seem to want to run a single Titan. If the card performed that well by itself, people wouldn't want a second card, especially at those prices. The arguement always seems to be, get the Titan because its the fastest single GPU card and no multi-GPU SLI profiles to worry about, but oh yea, I'm picking up a second Titan. :rolleyes:

When Nvidia gives me a card that runs like a Titan at say $500-550, I'm all in, I might even consider two for my 30" monitor. But at $1000, it performs like a $500-600 card at today's prices. I'll let the early adopters take the hit when the price drops in a few months.

So I got mine installed this evening. Things seemed to go well so I threw on MSI Afterburner.

1 Question...Is it better to use the fan profiles in the nVidia Drivers or is it much like the Red side in that Afterburner is better...

Haven't run any 3D yet because I want to make sure the cards are set up to handle the temps

I set my own step curve. 40rpm to 40c, and then it steps to 50rpm at 40-50c, 60rpm at 50-60c, etc.
Running heaven 4.0 at max settings, with gpu-z render test, I ran stable at 106% power, +175MHz/+110MHz (clock/mem) for an hour without temps going above 76c.

And this alone is why I think the Titan is not a great card considering very few people seem to want to run a single Titan. If the card performed that well by itself, people wouldn't want a second card, especially at those prices. The arguement always seems to be, get the Titan because its the fastest single GPU card and no multi-GPU SLI profiles to worry about, but oh yea, I'm picking up a second Titan. :rolleyes:

When Nvidia gives me a card that runs like a Titan at say $500-550, I'm all in, I might even consider two for my 30" monitor. But at $1000, it performs like a $500-600 card at today's prices. I'll let the early adopters take the hit when the price drops in a few months.

You are smoking crack. The Titan is more powerful than the new 780, and it may not even be in your price range when released.

You are smoking crack. The Titan is more powerful than the new 780, and it may not even be in your price range when released.

I'm not smoking anything. I said when Nvidia releases a card that runs like the Titan in the $500-550 range, I'll buy it. And they will. I didn't say it would be a 780, it might be another generation but it most certainly WILL happen. This isn't my first picnic, I've been PC gaming since the original 3DFX Voodoo.

Did you just buy a jump-to-conclusions mat or is reading comprehension not your strong suit?

I'm not smoking anything. I said when Nvidia releases a card that runs like the Titan in the $500-550 range, I'll buy it. And they will. I didn't say it would be a 780, it might be another generation but it most certainly WILL happen. This isn't my first picnic, I've been PC gaming since the original 3DFX Voodoo.

Did you just buy a jump-to-conclusions mat or is reading comprehension not your strong suit?

And by that time, who cares if the Titan of today is worth 550-600 then? I got to enjoy a powerhouse for a long time before a true successor is out.

You said the card performs like a 5-600 dollar card at today's prices, so you would wait until it was for sale for 500-600 dollars before you would buy it...why buy it at all? If it performs like a 5-600 dollar card, then buy your 680 and have fun.

The Titan prices are not going to go down, as I said, the 780 which isn't released yet, is going to cost between the 680 and Titan. If anything, the 780 will solidify the price of the Titian for the foreseeable future.

And by that time, who cares if the Titan of today is worth 550-600 then? I got to enjoy a powerhouse for a long time before a true successor is out.

Did you feel offended enough to reply to my post? it has nothing to do with you or any other current Titan owners. I will buy Titan equivelant performance when its in the $500 range. If you want to pay twice as much, that's certainly your call and your money.

You said the card performs like a 5-600 dollar card at today's prices, so you would wait until it was for sale for 500-600 dollars before you would buy it...why buy it at all? If it performs like a 5-600 dollar card, then buy your 680 and have fun.

The Titan prices are not going to go down, as I said, the 780 which isn't released yet, is going to cost between the 680 and Titan. If anything, the 780 will solidify the price of the Titian for the foreseeable future.

I've got it now, reading comprehension is not your strong suit. Please quote me where I said the Titan performs like a 5-600 card. Those are your words, not mine. I said when Nvidia gives me a card that runs like a Titan at say $500-550, I'm all in, those are my words.

Again, quote me when I said Titan prices will go down. Your words, not mine.

Did you feel offended enough to reply to my post? it has nothing to do with you or any other current Titan owners. I will buy Titan equivelant performance when its in the $500 range. If you want to pay twice as much, that's certainly your call and your money.

Not offended at all just pointing something out. But you seem to be on the defensive judging by your call, maybe defensive is not the right word but you are definitely aggressive in posting.

Not offended at all just pointing something out. But you seem to be on the defensive judging by your call, maybe defensive is not the right word but you are definitely aggressive in posting.

I made a reply in this thread, and signalpuke keeps inserting his own words in place of my own and then trying to argue his point. I'm simply stating what I said and for signalpuke to stop implying I said things that I didn't. You just hopped on board with him so I felt the need to ask if you were somehow offended.

I could give a rat's ass either way but the thread is specifically titled GTX Titan Owners, and you don't own one.

If you want to debate generalities of Titan versus whatever, isn't there a more appropriate thread elsewhere in the Video Card section for this kind of debate?

If you can't have a civil discussion, then get out of the thread. You will be nice or be gone.

Now that Titan owners have reclaimed this thread... who has overclocked their Titan?
What level of overclock were you able to achieve and using what settings?

For oc I went in with the naennon bios, 1.187v and +92 core, +150 mem (3150). It hovers just under 1100. With a just slightly more aggressive fan profile, it stays 76~77C (vs 79~80C) which avoids dropping 1~2 notches. I'd probably never notice anyways, heh. FC3 stable so far.

Now that Titan owners have reclaimed this thread... who has overclocked their Titan?

My SC is already over clocked so I didn't push it much further.

With no increase in voltage and +50 core & +100 memory my Titan SC boosts to 1060/3105.

Mine doesn't OC well, no matter the BIOS or volts it hits about 1058 average and maxes around 1167. RAM only tolerates +200.

Mine doesn't OC well, no matter the BIOS or volts it hits about 1058 average and maxes around 1167. RAM only tolerates +200.

A lot of those people touting big ram ocs are only running certain benchmarks. Several people came back with "yeah 200 max ..." later in that huge OCN thread. Nobody is 1202 stable in FC3 afaik (with max air cooling or even wc). Don't feel bad, your card is good if it runs 1058 without tweaking. Mine settles at 967~993! Max is 1124~1137. Kick back and enjoy your Titan.

Considering the advertised boost for the SC is 928mhz, I'm getting 1015-1058mhz stable. I'm a happer camper.

A lot of those people touting big ram ocs are only running certain benchmarks. Several people came back with "yeah 200 max ..." later in that huge OCN thread. Nobody is 1202 stable in FC3 afaik (with max air cooling or even wc). Don't feel bad, your card is good if it runs 1058 without tweaking. Mine settles at 967~993! Max is 1124~1137. Kick back and enjoy your Titan.

I don't feel bad at all, I run it at stock. I attempted it just to see what the result would be, but I prefer it to be cool and quiet, and quite frankly its already more than enough at stock speeds.

Last time I owned an nVidia card was the 8800, and I have only had my cards since Tuesday, so I really don't know squat about overclocking on the green side nor do I know the quirks of nVidia anymore...should make for an interesting weekend trying to get a decent overclock on my cards.

I'm using Afterburner with custom fan profiles and I do have the boxes checked for Load with Windows and load minimized, but when I got home from work yesterday and powered up, Afterburner did not start until I manually started it...grr...quirk #1 discovered...

Last time I owned an nVidia card was the 8800, and I have only had my cards since Tuesday, so I really don't know squat about overclocking on the green side nor do I know the quirks of nVidia anymore...should make for an interesting weekend trying to get a decent overclock on my cards.

I'm using Afterburner with custom fan profiles and I do have the boxes checked for Load with Windows and load minimized, but when I got home from work yesterday and powered up, Afterburner did not start until I manually started it...grr...quirk #1 discovered...

Use Evga Precision instead.

Core GPU is 1,025MHZ using the following settings with EVGA Precision 4.1.0

Power Target = 100%
Temp Target: 90 degree
GPU Clock Offset: +50MHZ
Memory Clock Offset: +0MHZ
Fan Speed: 75%

I do not overclock the memory as the current available bandwidth is more than enough.

I can now play Tomb Raider with maximum settings at 4X SSAA.
The game looks much better with SSAA enabled, something I was unable to achieve with GTX 680 SLI.

Last edited:
Back