Got My HD7 today.

harsaphes

Supreme [H]ardness
Just came back from TMO. No one there but me..lol..anyway setting it up now, so far so good. Report back soon.

Already a problem. I have a contact named Ken. He shows up in the People Tile, but if I search for Ken in the contacts there isnt one?...and also there is no way to SMS him as his contact does not give that option?

Ok solved. Somehow contact cell phone came in as home so it would not let me sms till i changed it.

Volume is WAY to soft for me. Hope that gets addressed sometime.

You're a brave one jumping straight to a new phone OS. I'm very conservative with this kind of stuff and would have to read about them for several months before I could just go get one, haha.

What phone(s) did you have before?

Only if ATT had this phone supported -=(

Desire HD anyone? Bah, not keeping my hopes high either.

You're a brave one jumping straight to a new phone OS. I'm very conservative with this kind of stuff and would have to read about them for several months before I could just go get one, haha.

Well Im brave because I have in the drawer...HD2(dual boot, android). Nexus One, Iphone.

well....phone will not sync with the zune software, which means no music or pictures on the phone.....we will see.

Intrested in your results, I'm on Verizon but I may see if I can pick up a W7 Phone without a contract until the CDMAs come out, working on a couple of apps and I need some hardware!

Mine synced no problem..

Is your device recognized by the Zune software?

Yes. Zune shows the phone. I can drag music to it and it says its syncing..but no media shows up....also within zune if i do summary...it shows the amount of files waiting to be synced and you can hit sync but nothing transfers to the phone.

Yes. Zune shows the phone. I can drag music to it and it says its syncing..but no media shows up....also within zune if i do summary...it shows the amount of files waiting to be synced and you can hit sync but nothing transfers to the phone.

Silly question.. and it may not matter.. but have you tried going into the music and videos section while the phone is connected to Zune?

It should display a status.. it may say "disconnect to view contents" or something like that.. just something to try.

Silly question.. and it may not matter.. but have you tried going into the music and videos section while the phone is connected to Zune?

It should display a status.. it may say "disconnect to view contents" or something like that.. just something to try.

Thats exactly what it says...but it says that on the sync screen. I was able to get it to work last night on a second pc. The only difference between the two is the one it worked on doesnt have a Zunehd associated with it.

Thats exactly what it says...but it says that on the sync screen. I was able to get it to work last night on a second pc. The only difference between the two is the one it worked on doesnt have a Zunehd associated with it.

interesting..

I'm really hoping WP7 pans out, the more big players in the game, the better. One deal breaker for me immediately would be the no copy-paste, but I'm sure that's just about first on their list. I'm rooting for WP7, keep in touch with us on it!

Not like he can't flash the thing with a cooked ROM that, I'm sure, will be available within the week if it's not absolutely perfect.

I'm definitely not brave enough to jump to WP7 from Android.
I love the amount of software on my phone and i have a ZuneHD which I felt was really lacking.
Maybe when i test it out sometime though...

I had considered it, but since the HD2 and the HD7 are effectively the same damned phones, and the fact that WP7 just has so much hassles and grief with that microSD card slot they have buried deep inside the HD7, I don't think I'll bother with an actual factory WP7 device.

It will be interesting to see how WP7 works on the HD2 once someone finally gets a working ROM ripped from the HD7 (currently in progress by many people) or simply gets a bare WP7 ROM distribution ported over for use.

So far, I'm very pleased with the HD2's performance with WM6.5 and the Android builds I've been running. I do still leave WM6.5 running more often. I just don't find Android appealing in most respects, and I can't really say why. Guess I just find Windows Mobile does all the things I require and it does them just fine.

I am totally happy with my hd2. I am running android though. Windows mobile was way too slow and buggy.

Well Im getting use to it and I really do love how it looks. My biggest complaint right now is the battery life is really horrible. I can make it through the day with JUST sms and email, but no media what so ever.

Well Im getting use to it and I really do love how it looks. My biggest complaint right now is the battery life is really horrible. I can make it through the day with JUST sms and email, but no media what so ever.

The battery is only 1230mah for such a big screen, there isn't much you can do to improve battery life.

Back