Google Launches Gmailify

HardOCP News

[H] News
Google is introducing a new feature called Gmailify that will allow anyone to take advantage of Gmail’s features without having a Gmail address. One would assume that Google will also be able to scan your inbox for advertising purposes now too.

So starting today, if you use Yahoo! Mail or Hotmail/Outlook.com, you now have the option to Gmailify your inbox. Gmailify links your existing account to Gmail so that you get all the bells and whistles—spam protection, inbox organization and even Google Now cards based on your mail—without having to leave your current address behind.

It apparently only works with one address at a time. I tried to link both a Yahoo and Hotmail account to mine and it only lets me choose one.
I kinda like the idea, though.

You can always just let Gmail check those other address for you and dump the mail into your gmail account. It will even label them with a custom label for that account if you want.

I can imagine corporate IT departments being pissed off if people use this with their exchange servers...

Back