Good 24 (1200x1980) monitor games and photo

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently have a 2209wa and 2311H; the latency and coating on both these monitors are fine but the 2209wa has weak blacks and the 2311H does not do a very good job of displaying photos (though some folks have suggested it is the SB built in gpu that is mucking up the colours).
-
In aother thread asking about 2711 it was suggested the U2412M or Nec EA244WMI would be good 24inch monitors (for my target application). Before biting the bullet I wanted to check if there were any other options.
-
Basically I want something that is ok for an occasional photo edit (once every month or so) but mostly gaming. I hate weak (washed out) blacks and heavy light bleed (my room is dark so light bleed shows up quite a bit) but I'm more tolerant of modest anti-glare and modest latency (at least the latency on the 2209wa which is not bad).

Just picked up a pair of U2412Ms and I could not be happier, going from a TN panel Samsung. Great black level, minimal bleed and fairly accurate color gamut. Not too bad of a price at $275 a pop currently on Amazon.

How are they for photos; do they show good tansition in subtle colours? $275 seems like a decent price.

Just picked up a pair of U2412Ms and I could not be happier, going from a TN panel Samsung. Great black level, minimal bleed and fairly accurate color gamut. Not too bad of a price at $275 a pop currently on Amazon.

Been looking for a similar monitor as the OP and keep coming back to these as the best overall compromise of function and price.

Any chance you could post your revision number from your Amazon sourced monitors? I have been reading some conspiracy theories about Dell and their revision numbers and was curious what the current amazon stock is. TIA.

What is 1200x1980? Did you mean 1920x1200 or 1920x1080?

Assuming he want to do a portrait setup.
I own three u2412m and they are super nice if you're okay with gaming at 60hz. My only complain is the bezels, I really wish they were smaller but you can strip it down and get a stand.

Been gaming at 60hz for years; i know it brothers some people but it works for me.

Assuming he want to do a portrait setup.
I own three u2412m and they are super nice if you're okay with gaming at 60hz. My only complain is the bezels, I really wish they were smaller but you can strip it down and get a stand.

Which revision should we avoid and which should we be looking for ? (Yea this is one bad thing abuot dell they will keep the same model but change panels and pretend it doesn't matter)

Been looking for a similar monitor as the OP and keep coming back to these as the best overall compromise of function and price.

Any chance you could post your revision number from your Amazon sourced monitors? I have been reading some conspiracy theories about Dell and their revision numbers and was curious what the current amazon stock is. TIA.

I think A02 and above were the desired revisions with A05 being the most current, however, there is now a model that is out that is identified as U2412Mb and it is A00. It is my understanding that the 'b' represents that it is manufactured in a different factory, so A00 for the 'b' could be A05 or above and I think that is why Dell is being tight lipped about it. This is all information I have collected on the internet, so take it for what it is worth. I was just curious as to what was being sold on Amazon these days.

I dont think there are really any conspiracies, just want to know what I am buying. I have to believe some revisions are new parts different from the original version that may or may not be better but are probably cheaper to produce. Again, not a bad thing if the quality is similar and the firmware is current.

I have been recently reading about the Asus PA248q. I was confusing it with the PA246q. Similar but different. Same price range though. Seems to compete with the NEC.

Back