GigaByte BOIS keeps changing priority of a booted hdd

zillah

Limp Gawd
Dear Experts

I have a Gigabyte motherboard GA-945GCM-21S ,,,,I have four hdds connected to this motherboard two Segate IDEs (ST340016A and ST340010A) 40 GB each to be used as storage and two SATAs (one Segate 500 GB , and other western digital 1TB) as shown in the screen shot below :

http://i53.tinypic.com/oscpc1.jpg

oscpc1.jpg

SATA 500 GB (ST3500418AS) has two NTSF partitions (created by Acronis) one of them has OS windows 7 ultimate and other partition is for storage. SATA 1 TB has two NTFS partitions (created by Acronis) as well ,both of them for storages.

SATA 500 GB ( ST3500418AS ) been given first boot priority in the BOIS , all of the sudden whenever I restart a desktop BIOS keeps changing the priority fro SATA 500 ST3500418AS (should be first in the list) from the first to the third and move 40 GB IDE ST340016A to be the first. As can be seen in the snapshot below :

http://i54.tinypic.com/n48mz4.png

n48mz4.png

What I did I upgraded the BOIS recently and I removed the battery (Battery voltage is checked as well) but still I am experiencing same issue.

What could be the cause of this issue ?

Thanks

You know that same problem happened to my friend,so he called GigaByte and they walked him trough updating the BIOS and it fixed his problem

Did the CMOS actually clear when you pulled the battery?
Yes

You know that same problem happened to my friend,so he called GigaByte and they walked him trough updating the BIOS and it fixed his problem
I tried to post the question to GigaByte forum but they have problem with their forum that you can't get registered

Keep trying with GB, but you might try reflashing the BIOS again. A CMOS clear before and after wouldnt hurt, I've seen a GB C2Q board act really weird after a flash without clearing and reflash.

Gigabyte has a fantastic bios updating utility called @Bios, it came with the mobo when you bought it.(if you dont have it you can get it from their site as well) It will download the latest from their site and install it for you, or you can download it your self and update it with their tool. Just make sure when you boot up(after updating the bios), go to the bios load screen and tell it to load optimized. Then you are all good.

It really is simple. If you normally have other programs like chat, steam etc running in back ground, disable them or just dl the bios and then turn those programs off and disconnect the internet to ensure nothing will pop up while updating.

if this still keeps happening then most likely your drive is not ready at boot time and the bios is looking for another to do the job. might want to back up your data just in case

Back