GeForce 340.43 Beta Drivers Released

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you that like to live life on the wild side, there are new GeForce 340.43 Beta drivers out today. Here's what NVIDIA says about the new beta drivers:

SLI Profiles
Upgrade your rig with a second NVIDIA GeForce GTX GPU to activate SLI, the multi-GPU technology of choice for gamers. With intelligent scaling and industry-leading multi-GPU anti-stutter technology, NVIDIA SLI is the smoothest, most effective way of increasing frame rates by up to 2x. GeForce 340.43 beta introduces the following profiles and profile changes for leading games like Battlefield: Hardline, Dark Souls II, and WildStar:

• 3DMark SkyDiver Subtest – added profile
  • Battlefield: Hardline – added profile
  • Dark Souls II – updated SLI profile, added NVCPL HBAO+ profile
  • Elder Scrolls Online – added profile
  • LuDaShi Benchmark - added profile
  • WildStar – updated profile to support 32-bit .exe

3D Vision Profiles

GeForce 340.43 beta introduces a few new 3D Vision profiles for stereoscopic 3D gamers:

• Banished – rated “Good”
  • BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea – rated "Excellent"
  • Krater – rated “Good”

Full release notes here: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/340.43/340.43-win8-win7-winvista-desktop-release-notes.pdf

List of bugs fixed by these drivers:
[3DMark Sky Diver]: The benchmark tests may not display. [1510981]

[Dragon Age 2]: Graphical corruption may occur in the game. [1478802]

[GeForce GTX 750 Ti][Dragon Age: Origin (Ultimate Edition)]: Flickering occurs in thegame. [1519773]

[GeForce GTX series][Company of Heroes 2]: There is texture corruption in the game. [1501743]

[GeForce GTX 690][Halo 2]: Texture flickering occurs in the game. [1486045]

[SLI][Dark Souls II]: Performance drop occurs in specific game locations with SLI enabled. [1517977]

[NVIDIA Control Panel][Notebook]: The Workstation->Manage GPU Utilization page is available even though Maximus Technology is not supported on notebooks. [200003127]

[Notebook][GeForce GTX 860M]: Verde notebook driver support needed for Lenovo Y50 notebook.[1519353]

[Notebook][GeForce GTX 760M]: Verde notebook driversupport needed for Asus: G56JR notebook. [1509458]

So are these basically SLI focused and not really worth it if running, say, a single 780GTX?

Hmm, still get minor flickering triangles in Unigine Valley even when massively underclocking my Titan.

I was hoping this improves watch dogs performance (since it mentions an updated SLI profile) but there seems to be a regression instead... the game now stutters every 1-2 seconds which makes it completely unplayable.

Ugh... rolling back to 337.88.

I was hoping this improves watch dogs performance (since it mentions an updated SLI profile) but there seems to be a regression instead... the game now stutters every 1-2 seconds which makes it completely unplayable.

Ugh... rolling back to 337.88.
Interesting, because my experience is now stutter-free in Watch Dogs with GTX 780 SLI and an i7-4770.

hm, I didn't notice yesterday that the SLI profile for Watch Dogs was updated. I may have to give this a try when I get home.
Stuttering hasn't been too bad for me in game, but it is there. Interested to see how performance is with these.

Back