Gaming Laptop Recommendations/Deals/Where to Buy - $2000

Mystearica

n00b
Heya,

First of all - sorry if this post belongs in another forum - please move it accordingly if so

So – I've been out of the computer/laptop business for a while – not very familiar with what's out there and what is coming out. I NEED help! Five years ago I bought a Sager NP8690 (by Clevo) 5 years ago… it was meant to be a gaming laptop at that time…. Now it's obsolete and honestly I've been having problems with it since day 1. Basically – it's gone up to a point where it freezes if I play League of Legends (which isn't high demand).

Now – I'm looking for another gaming laptop. I prefer NOT to spend more than $2000 (as a matter fact, the lower the better). I paid 2.5K for my Sager.. I'm hoping that prices of laptops went down since then and I would hope my laptop would last a tiny bit longer than my Sager.

My goals are:
- Able to play Guild Wars 2
- Able to play Final Fantasy XIII
- Able to play Skyforge
- Others – just surfing net, league of legends – other etc stuff.

I know black Friday is around the corner (and I can wait that long IF there are decent sales). Problem is – I suspect specialty sites/items normally don't go on sale (my experience with BF is just generic stuff go on sale).

That being said – any suggestions on what laptop fits the bill? Any websites to buy from??? I know a lot of gaming computer/notebook sites allow you to customize (and I am completely okay with that).

Any help/advice/reality checks are appreciated!

Thanks!!!

Take a look at some of the MSI gaming laptops. Very good budget laptops with some good hardware under the hood. I'd look for one with either a single 970m or 980m. They should be within' your budget easily.

Assuming you are not super set on the latest greatest there are probably going to be clearance deals on the haswell cpu and 980m gpus. For example last week there was a gigabyte p35 with a 980m and 4710 i7 for 1400.

http://m.newegg.com/Product/index?s...on-_-cables-_-na-_-na&itemnumber=34-233-068Do you have any other nice to haves like a 1080p / 4k screen light and mobile, 15.6 or 17.3" screen?

The msi ghost series are nice, gigabyte, maybe the hp omen, or alienware but they usually carry a huge premium. ASUS also has some nice configurations.

I'd personally wait for Black Friday as i'm sure you will catch some high-end laptops. And if not, you can always buy at full price. But i'd wait :)

Heya,

First of all - sorry if this post belongs in another forum - please move it accordingly if so

So – I've been out of the computer/laptop business for a while – not very familiar with what's out there and what is coming out. I NEED help! Five years ago I bought a Sager NP8690 (by Clevo) 5 years ago… it was meant to be a gaming laptop deals at that time…. Now it's obsolete and honestly I've been having problems with it since day 1. Basically – it's gone up to a point where it freezes if I play League of Legends (which isn't high demand).

Now – I'm looking for another gaming laptop. I prefer NOT to spend more than $2000 (as a matter fact, the lower the better). I paid 2.5K for my Sager.. I'm hoping that prices of laptops went down since then and I would hope my laptop would last a tiny bit longer than my Sager.

My goals are:
- Able to play Guild Wars 2
- Able to play Final Fantasy XIII
- Able to play Skyforge
- Others – just surfing net, league of legends – other etc stuff.

I know black Friday is around the corner (and I can wait that long IF there are decent sales laptop finder). Problem is – I suspect specialty sites/items normally don't go on sale (my experience with BF is just generic stuff go on sale).

That being said – any suggestions on what laptop fits the bill? Any websites to buy from??? I know a lot of gaming computer/notebook sites allow you to customize (and I am completely okay with that).

Any help/advice/reality checks are appreciated!

Thanks!!!

There are lot of options like the following;

1. LENOVO YOGA 3 PRO 13.3 INTEL CORE M 512GB SSD $1299 eBay
2. ASUS X555LA-RHI7N10 LAPTOP CORE I7,15.6″ $549 Walmart - Google it
3. HP ENVY 15T LAPTOP CORE I7-6700HQ,15.6 FHD $703 HP - usually with coupon code.

Last edited:
I've always liked the asus laptops for the cooling. Non vented bottom, front intake, rear exhaust. Makes for being able to play on almost any surface

Back