Galax is the new Galaxy

David-Duc

[H]ard|Gawd
What do you think? They will also honor the warranty for old Galaxy vids. Galaxy's HOFs are great.

http://galax.net/US/story.html
Born from over 16 years of manfacturing gaming performance products.

From what was “Galaxytech” and its European brand “KFA2”, we now bring you “GALAX”; a merger that can offer a single unified brand World wide, making it possible to offer our world wide customer base the exact same product portfolio, service and comsumer awareness.

Founded in 1994, GALAXY has built its reputation as the behind-the-scenes designer and manufacturer of many of the most popular OEM-branded graphic card products on the market.

We are dedicated to creating a custom user experience and believe that each of our products needs to fit its owner, not the other way around. What we make is not merely the product of focus group tests, but rather the results of observing and honoring the way individuals choose to interact with technology.

Since 2000 we have introduced numerous critically-acclaimed product series, "Hall of Fame" The aim of HOF is simple: To make a series of graphics cards with the best components available that is able to enter the 3DMark Hall Of Fame.

Our aim is to produce performance products that help to enhance the escapist in games, to highten the perception of play and help contribute a performance level that is unsurpassed.

Our customers guide everything we do at Galax, and it’s this commitment that defines the company.

GALAX will continue providing all current levels of service and support to all Galaxy/KFA2 customers, and will of course honour all Galaxy/KFA2 warranties to their full extent.

Before they exited North America I was really considering going with them over my usual manufacturer (EVGA). I was sad to see them go.

HOF edition cards were the sexiest. Hoping for a 980 HOF soon

This isn't even a hard one at all. I have 2 galaxy cards and I will make 100% of my decision to try them based on if they honor 100% galaxy warranties and I hear about that here. I remember posts about this junk when galaxy was getting rolling and them using the same BS claim that they have been making stuff for over a decade. Who cares if you cant keep a retail brand for more than a couple years?

If all that happened was galaxy was screwed by some people who tried to be their front here and they are willing to take care of the customers but had to form a new brand name no big deal. But if they gut off everything that was galaxy and try to start fresh they will get no fresh start.

Before they exited North America I was really considering going with them over my usual manufacturer (EVGA). I was sad to see them go.

Same here. I really dug the white cooler scheme. Not a lot of people are fans of white PC parts, but I'm honestly getting sick and tired of everything being bright or dark.

So they took a name was that was kinda cool, Galaxy, dropped the y during the merger and managed to make their company name sound retarded. Grats.

I bought a Galax 980, those guys have done alright be me in the past.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, couldn't find anything else.

I was looking at Galax webstore and noticed shipping was done through EMS Speedpost. Anyone know where these cards come from and what guarantees they have? Like, if I had to RMA will it cost 40 bucks to ship back?

They ship from Taiwan. I ordered a 970OC (the ITX card) through them. I wound up RMAing it due to the coil whine on my particular card. I'd sent it in for RMA and they offered me the option of a replacement or refund, mentioning that the issue seems to be prevalent among lots of 970s (which plenty of forum posts bear out).

Their RMA address is in the US, in Illinois actually. And their tech support was super responsive. So I can say that, as far as any tech support you might require goes, you're in good hands.

I have 970 hof cards in sli I ordered from them. No problem and shipping was pretty fast for international post.

They ship from Taiwan. I ordered a 970OC (the ITX card) through them. I wound up RMAing it due to the coil whine on my particular card. I'd sent it in for RMA and they offered me the option of a replacement or refund, mentioning that the issue seems to be prevalent among lots of 970s (which plenty of forum posts bear out).

Their RMA address is in the US, in Illinois actually. And their tech support was super responsive. So I can say that, as far as any tech support you might require goes, you're in good hands.

Awesome thank you for the response! I am also in IL and this makes it much more comforting.

Back