G600 future replacement?

GotNoRice

[H]F Junkie
It's starting to look like Logitech finally stopped production of the G600. Hopefully I'm wrong, but at this time it's basically sold out everywhere, and the people who have sent inquiries to Logitech have got responses that seem to indicate that it's probably not coming back.

The G600 model itself was starting to show it's age, and had some annoying issues. The main buttons have a notoriously short lifespan, after which they begin to double-click (when you only intend to single-click) and just start to feel mushy in general. It used a fairly-old laser sensor while most mice have now moved to newer-generation optical sensors.

But despite all of it's flaws, it did a lot of things right, and had a lot of great features that make it difficult to simply transition to another more traditional mouse once you've gotten used to it. Having an actual clickable ring-finger button (to the right of the right-click button) is something I can't live without. The array of thumb buttons on the left side are super valuable. It's a great size that works great for a claw-grip (at least with my hand). The mouse-wheel is a great balance of feeling steady yet being easy to click. The Logitech software sucks, but the mouse has built-in memory, so once you've mapped the buttons once, on any computer, you never have to use the Logitech software ever again. It has weights inside the mouse, which I always remove immediately, turning it into a very lightweight mouse. I also love the fact that it's wired. I have Zero interest in a wireless mouse. I don't need wireless when I have 30 USB ports in a 3-foot radius, and I don't want weight from batteries inside my mouse.

I've been dreading the day that this mouse got discontinued. I was hoping that they would have at least come out with a similar but improved design. I'd like to think that they haven't simply given up on the idea of even trying to make a "MMO Mouse" anymore. I've looked at other mice that offer similar features but there is usually always something missing, like the clickable ring-finger button, etc. I don't know that there is actually any mouse out there that fully replicates the feature-set of the G600.

I still have a little time left... my last 3 G600 mice, I replaced them all before they developed fatal flaws, although they are all significantly worn. I did that so that i'd have extra mice for when I use my laptop or setup a spare computer, etc, but now I might end up rotating through them until they all die. That might buy me another year if I'm lucky. But really, I'd prefer to buy a new G600 or similar.

I'm sure that there are other G600 users here, right? Past or present?

Im using my g600 for as long as the shell lasts you can easily replace the switches yourself if you have a soldering iron and some flux. Currently the only close replacement i know of is the EVGA x15 its rough in some ways but the closest thing to a direct replacement.
904-W1-15BK-KR_XL_3.png

I've never been great at soldering but it might come to that. I agree that the EVGA x15 looks like the most similar alternative, but from what I've seen that mouse seems like it's close to being discontinued also (if it hasn't been already). No point really in switching to a mouse that itself has no future. I'm also not a fan of the small top buttons near the main index finger button. Based on where my index finger touches the main mouse button on my G600, those top two buttons would be encroaching on that space.

I bought 2 extra G600s last time they were on sale for $30. I been using the G600 as my main mouse ever since my Razor Naga died really great for mmos like Final Fantasy 14. May have to look for sale on the EVGA X15 that looks like an upgrade.

Not sure if this will work, but saw it when browsing gaming mice on Amazon

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Scimitar-Gaming-Backlit-Optical/dp/B082LRMY53

Yeah that mouse is almost there, but not having a clickable ring-finger button is a problem; it's something I can't live without at this point.

I strongly prefer wired mice. I guess I'm just old fashioned. That mouse is pretty damn expensive too. I consider mice to be mostly disposable items, so it's kind of nice when they cost $30-40 rather than $95.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I strongly prefer wired mice. I guess I'm just old fashioned. That mouse is pretty damn expensive too. I consider mice to be mostly disposable items, so it's kind of nice when they cost $30-40 rather than $95.

I do too and more often than not the charging cable can be left in so it runs as a wired mouse. I am having the same issue trying to find something I like to replace my Mx518 which has the annoying random double click. I can't believe how expensive mice are these days.

Back