Funny Facebook Unfriending

Asking someone "Hey just curious what I did to piss you off" is nowhere near inviting her out to a bar for drinks and marriage-wrecking. Try again.

Sir,

I believe at this point you are a forum troll. If on the odd chance you are not, then I do not believe you are ever going to understand the simple concepts both others and myself have already tried to convey to you.

I'm sorry for posting so much, but this thread literally baffles me.

This isn't a friend that some hairy-chested neanderthal is locking his wife in a closet to keep away from:

SHE UNFRIENDED THE MOTHERFUCKER! AND THEN OBVIOUSLY DECIDED NOT TO RESPOND TO HIS MESSAGES! Yet he chooses to message HER HUSBAND!

Dear jesus god, the total lack of any type of comprehension be it social, reading, whatever, just...holy fuck I can't even put it into words.

(&#)%@&)@#

You fuckers owe me a new keyboard because this one is about worn out.

You're making asumptions again.

The husband even mentioned that he didn't know anything about the situation, so who knows what happened with the defriending. It's highly likely that Matt is a creeper, no doubt.

Your situation is night and day from the OP.

Seraph, thanks for pointing it out, got a bit of tunnel vision there.

Your situation is night and day from the OP.

Seraph, thanks for pointing it out, got a bit of tunnel vision there.

It definitely is, but so are the ones you're suggesting. Mine is related in that you can handle the situation without being a teenager and getting violent about it.

Over the past 50 years men in general have slowly had their balls chopped off, many of such victims are posters in this very thread... If you post in that dude Matt's defense and ARE NOT trolling here you go, i think these might help since its clearly that time again http://www.ubykotex.com/get_coupons/overview

Mine is related in that you can handle the situation without being a teenager and getting violent about it.

Except in your situation the guy got the hint, and in the OP, Matt did not.

Not to mention the husband never made a violent threat.

Sounds like the husband is quite immature adding in the threats he made. The guy asked a simple question. But regardless, the guy could have just sent her a Facebook email rather than bother the husband.

I'll tell you what, if I dude I don't know starts asking me why my wife isn't friends with him, I assure you I will be making inquiries from both sides.

Sounds to me like the husband knows a little more about this guy than he's letting on...

Or he's ridiculously insecure as evidensed by the facebook advertisment in the image and can't go on with an adult conversation. I didn't think what the guy was asking was such a big deal that required more than this response, "why don't you ask her yourself."

i will say, the wife probably had good reason to defriend, and the husband probably did know why, hence the response he gave

This isn't a friend that some hairy-chested neanderthal is locking his wife in a closet to keep away from:

SHE UNFRIENDED THE MOTHERFUCKER! AND THEN OBVIOUSLY DECIDED NOT TO RESPOND TO HIS MESSAGES! Yet he chooses to message HER HUSBAND!

Dear jesus god, the total lack of any type of comprehension be it social, reading, whatever, just...holy fuck I can't even put it into words.

(&#)%@&)@#

I'm still waiting for them to hand over their GF's email address/facebook profile.

God forbid some people have different life experiences. Women that are so easily wooed are not worth your time, so enough with the blustering and whining. Shut up and go fuck your wives.

Because you're arguing with the same people that would have sent that message to begin with.

^^^ THAT.

No, seriously, guys... Those of you who are defending this Matt guy... You make me feel creeped out to be on the same forum.

For the same reason you'd cry to an IRCOper if someone you ignored keeps trying to find ways to get around it to send you messages, the Husband is telling the guy to fuck off.

When someone defriends you, stops responding to your messages, get a clue AND GO AWAY.

I just skipped to the end to say this is the most anyone has every commented about something on the front page.

Wow. What a hysterical read of comments at the end of an annoying week. I, for one, like the response of the husband. I'm jealous he thought of using the word 'gadzooks' and I didn't.

You sir, Mr. Socially-Inept-Facebook-Creeper-Primary-School-Friend fail at common decency, and may many a laugh come at your expense.

And this is why I don't understand where you guys are coming from. The Matt____ question had absolutely no sexual connotations to it whatsoever. Is the attitude around here that married women can't have male friends?
That's pretty naive.

Example: There was a girl I attended Junior High, High school, and College with, and throughout those years we would talk to each other and generally have a good rapport. I remember adding her to my facebook in my second year to see if she wanted to buy any of my used books. She responded to these messages and bought some of my books. Later, once college was done I went to message her out of general interest to see where her career was going, and what was new in general. This is when I noticed she wasn't on my list anymore, so I looked her name up and saw that she was still on Facebook. I wasn't offended by this since we didn't speak to eachother all the time or anything, and she might just keep her friends list small, only having close friends stay on the list. So I sent her a quick message asking what was new, if she found work in her field yet, etc... No reply. Very strange. Maybe she decided she doesn't like facebook and doesn't use it at all now.
Most obvious explanation to someone who actually understands (or accepts) how things actually work (rather than how their "new man" outlook on life wants things to work). . . she was keeping in touch with you because you're a guy, and she could either give you a try some day or meet other guys through you. Then, she probably did meet a guy, and decided she had no further use for you. Thus, you became ignored.

Either that or you skeeved this girl out much like Matt cluelessly did. And given your inexplicable inability to see the utter inappropriate/pathetic/skeevy nature of his question to a stranger, I'd be willing to bet that's actually the case.

I'd address the rest of it. . . but it should just be painfully obvious that following up on (allegedly) casual facebook acquaintances via real life contacts, especially a husband you do not know that you contact out-of-the-blue. . . just. . .should not be done.

And. . . no, it was not a threat. It was advice.

Looks to me like two dicks putting each other and the wife on blast all over facebook.

Don't Unfriend Me Bro!! :rolleyes:

matt = wikileaks guy? The pining is pathetic. Let me tell you how awesome I am..."I am a master accupuncturist, until I found out it doesn't do shit", "I know chinese..." (enough to order dim sum)..., "let me cook X dish for you, I make it the best"

That is my prognosis, response is from a guy who eats tree bark for fiber and anything with hair and isn't a homo-sapien for all other nutritional requirements.

Why is everyone reading this as a roid rage? The reply is humorous, plus the defriended friend needed to be embarrassed. He's being an emotional putz.

matt = wikileaks guy? The pining is pathetic. Let me tell you how awesome I am..."I am a master accupuncturist, until I found out it doesn't do shit", "I know chinese..." (enough to order dim sum)..., "let me cook X dish for you, I make it the best"

That is my prognosis, response is from a guy who eats tree bark for fiber and anything with hair and isn't a homo-sapien for all other nutritional requirements.

HAHA... ahh... this, among some other posts in this thread, I found to be quite humorous. :D

hehe... Gadzooks! or "egads!" (presumably, "ye Gods!") - haven't heard those in a while. I'm going to start using them again... someone needs to push for their relevancy in today's vernacular.

Lots of dick waving going around. Macho bullshit, possible stalkers and generally confused people alike.

One side thinks their wives aren't allowed to have male friends. The other thinks its ok to chat and avoid blocks/unfriends and ??? with another mans wife willie nillie. Name calling. Attempted emasculation. Confusion. Schrodinger's violence.

All sides are dumb. Why? Facebook. Facebook turns people into idiots, and this thread is a prime example of that. You've all done well, I should bottle this thread up and hand it in to a social sciences class.

Dude took care of it perfectly!

I just tell my wife if they won't leave her alone, to let them know that there is a slavering maniac of a husband in the picture now, and he likes firearms, and doesn't like people who make passes at his wife and if they would like continue, to avoid open areas with sightlines in excess of 100 yards for the next 20 years. :D

That said, the only ones that have ever made even an attempt at a pass are the ones that are married.

Men are such fucking scumbags.

I would never cheat on my wife... her and my children are most cherished thing in my life.

pretty sure the friend is gay, and the husband is a jealous asshat.

I have chicks unfriend me all the time, I just assume they are no longer willing to entertain the idea of my penis. If I was a gay guy and a chick unfriended me, I would write something similar.

Real men don't fight over someone flirting with their wife. Sorry, that's middle-school crap. You know what real men do? Talk to their wives and explain how it's disrespectful and hurtful for them to flirt back or encourage the other men.

+1 Agree 100%

My god, how does everyone read this as some misogynistic, roid-fueled, raging reply?

If anything the tone was somewhat humorous, yet at the same time letting the guy know he is way out of line.

Why in god's name would you directly message someone you HAVE NEVER TALKED TO BEFORE OR MET and ask them to intercede on your behalf with their significant other? The fact that you are so desperate to get back in contact is weird, whether you're secure, insecure, manly, wussy, metro or wtfever.

+1 Yup!

Can we throw a few more disparaging remarks on Matthew? So far he's sexless but lustful, creepy, stalking, limp-wristed... pedophile? Drug user? Tax cheat?

Can we throw a few more disparaging remarks on Matthew? So far he's sexless but lustful, creepy, stalking, limp-wristed... pedophile? Drug user? Tax cheat?

No. What Matt did was not what a "normal" man would do given the same situation. I think the husband's response was very civil and said in a way to make light of the situation as well as giving good advice.

But I also agree with those who say that men and women can have non-sexual relationships. That doesn't mean that they don't have any sexual thoughts about each other rather, they know how to control themselves to keep the friendship.

... All sides are dumb. Why? Facebook. Facebook turns people into idiots, and this thread is a prime example of that. You've all done well, I should bottle this thread up and hand it in to a social sciences class.

^THIS
/thread

I stopped using Facebook and Myspace when I was 16. Why? I was getting sick of how immature and useless those types of sites are. Fast-forward quite a few years and now it seems it's being used by nearly every middle-aged person who has absolutely ZERO personal life. I was at a family get-together recently where half of the adults were talking about their farm games and how Facebook is the best tool for business networking in the same breath. To hear people talk like that sounded almost more like they were trying to rationalize why they are on this site and trying to make themselves feel better about it. I couldn't help but want to reach out and smack them all.... or rather.... tell them that is something people get smacked for ;)

pretty sure the friend is gay, and the husband is a jealous asshat.

I have chicks unfriend me all the time, I just assume they are no longer willing to entertain the idea of my penis. If I was a gay guy and a chick unfriended me, I would write something similar.

I think that maybe you are projecting a little too much with teh gheys.

The thing is, the husband is not at all acting like a jealous asshat. His tone and lightheartedness indicates that he accepts his wife's decision on the matter and it requires no further inquiry. Hell it is clear he doesn't even talk to his wife before writing the reply. Everything he says from "Bigger fish to fry that poor boobs that are miffed", "your probably a nice fella", "I'm surprised I have to tell a grown man this" and "Gadzooks" all indicate complete dismissal of Mathew. This is the dead opposite of jealousy.

He systematically tears down this guy while making it perfectly clear that he isn't worth the time to even worry about. That right there is confidence; in himself and his wife.

What's with all the reading of anger/aggression into the husband's response? I'm with the few here who have realized that the guy was giving a humorous and baffled response to another guys grade-school behavior. There was no threat of violence, only a statement of fact that many guys would get angry over such a strange message.

The husband actually came across as decent to me. He wasn't interested in getting involved in this guy's odd Facebook relationship with his wife. He was obviously not interested in talking to the guy, and probably just happy to let his wife and the stranger settle their differences themselves. I suppose I'm reading a lot into it now, but surely this interpretation is just as keeping with what little facts we have as the other (i.e., roid rage husband).

Oh, and since I didn't say so explicitly already, HILARIOUS response.

(&#)%@&)@#

Holy Christ on a crutch. You made me laugh so hard i about pee'd my pants.
This thread is very...engaging; yes engaging. Everyone calm down. Lets still be friends mmk?

This thread is awesome. And hilarious. I thank all the people who actually poured out quite a bit of effort to state their cases eloquently.

Now, will anyone explain "gadzooks" to me?? Lol. I looked it up on urbandictionary and on the regular dictionary, and as far as I can tell, it's like an expression of surprise, or a mild oath. But here it's apparently used in the sense of "peace out!" ? Or something like that? Is he misusing its actual definition? Lol

I think it was "Holy shit dude, I can't believe you made me write this, I mean come on...really".

Back