FS: Brand New One of a Kind Color Changing Antec VSK-4000E Computer Case. Never Used

Status
Not open for further replies.

kdh

Gawd
On a whim, I bought a brand new Antec VSK-4000E Case on Friday. I only bought it because I wanted something to practice painting with my new color changing pigments.

Case was only taken out of the box to be painted.

Video action: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyoSHxAcCqg

computer0019.jpg

computer0020.jpg

Its been based with SpiesHecker Nissan Silver Metallic mixed with an Accord Dark blue Metallic. After that was dry, I marbleized it with house of kolor pearl white marble. I then intercoated it with binder, black to clear color changing pigment, and house of color blue pearl to make it fancy. 6 layers of chroma clear and its done.

Case at room temp now looks gunmetal with blue pearl. When it heats up to 86 degrees, its become a blueish gray look, and you can slightly see the marble effect. Just my hand on the case causes it to change color. In the video I use a heat gun to speed up the color change, but like I said my hand on the case cause it to change color.

Loading it in my truck, the lift gate glass fell on my head and the case, and I knicked the paint. =\

Full Build up here with pictures, including videos: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1790745

After staring at my build thread all day I'm kinda over it, I'm ready to let it go, and move onto my next paint project. There is a member on another forum I'm active on that is ready for me to build him a custom fiberglass speaker box.

I have about 125$ of materials into the case.. I would like to at least get that plus shipping if possible but make an offer.

Will the case change color with all your computer guts in it? I'm sure it will where ever your CPU and graphic card are. But its gun metal color with the blue pearl is very cool to look at when its cold. Pictures do it no justice. Like I said, I bought it on Friday from Frys 8/11/2013 so nothing has been installed into it.

Let me know your thoughts.

Last edited:
that is AWESOME. If i didn't just pull the trigger on a corsair on Saturday from TD, I would have defintely snapped this up. Damn..day late, dollar short.

bump. case is sad because its boxed back up in original packaging ready to be shipped instead of being displayed in all its glory. :)

I've gotten a bunch of emails on it, so people are interested. Color changing or not, the gun metal color of it at rest looks freaking awesome. If your a call of duty, or battle field guy, maybe arma/day z kinda guy.. This case would look right at home under your desk. The bag of screws hasn't even been opened. Painted or not, this is a very nice case. Even has outlets in the back for a water cooling setup.

Make an offer.

Thanks for the bump. I was pretty excited about how this case came out. Im hoping this sells pretty quickly. I'm thinking about doing a playstation 4 that goes from black to chrome as it gets hot. So I'm saving my pennies right now.

Bump.

I know folks are looking at it, so I know folks are definitely interested.

My loss your gain.. Make an offer.

I decided to keep it. =) I'm glad I did I switched out to it last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back