FS: 980x cpu/mobo/ram/waterblocks bundle

CrazyRob

[H]ard|Gawd
Parting out my main rig to downsize into a mini itx rig. Oddly enough, these components were plenty fast for what I'm doing, but I'd like something more portable for LAN parties, and it's about time I built something new, anyway.

Parts list:
Intel 980x extreme edition 6 core cpu (not including stock heatsink)
Asus P6T6 WS Revolution motherboard (including accessories) - X58 + NF200 for full speed 3x PCI-E 2.0 x16 bandwidth
Corsair 12GB kit 2000Mhz DDR3

Cooling components installed:
CPU Waterblock: XSPC raystorm with blue LED pigtails
Chipset waterblock: Bitspower AIX58NSWS
VRM waterblocks: Bitspower AMOSII + AMOSIII
3x custom bent rigid acrylic tubes UV blue, with Primochill silver anodized compression fittings.

The bios settings are currently configured for running the cpu at 4.25Ghz and the memory at 1866Mhz, and was tested prime95 24 hours stable at these settings. However, as with any OC, any changes in configuration can affect stability, so the OC is not guaranteed.

I'm asking $530 shipped UPS ground in the 48 states. The only trade I'd be interested in would be for 4790K/Maximus VII Impact/ DDR3. Price dropped to $500

I had to remove the retention clip from the top pci-e slot to install the chipset waterblock. Not a big deal, unless you intend to use the board with only one gpu outside of a case. But you could probably just use another slot, so still not a big deal.

I labelled each end of each rigid tube to help with reasembly.

A complete set of motherboard accessories, except the box (the box is for a different model)

The stock chipset heatsinks

And an action shot from when it was in my rig.

I also have available 3x 2GB EVGA GTX 680's (02G-P4-2680-KR) with added EVGA backplates. No accessories included. Asking $175 shipped each before I put them up on Ebay. (2 sold, 1 left)

A set of 3 XSPC Razor GTX680 full cover water blocks, with links, LEDs, and an led-modded EVGA sli bridge. The leds are glued into place one the left side of the waterblocks, but the right side is easily removable. $175 shipped for the set.

These were used witht he above gpu's. I had to get additional screws to be compatible with the EVGA backplates used above, so I've included those screws along with the original screws.

Heatware under AKCrazyRob. I will be out of the office on the weekends, but will try to check in on my messages anyway.

Last edited:
Can you put on the retention clip back on? I'm interested.

Thanks!

no, it had to be clipped off. It was not re-attachable, so it was discarded.

Of course, the slot itself works fine, just the little plastic tab that helps hold the card in place is now missing. If you're actually mounting a card in a case, this should be a non-issue, as it was for me.

Last edited:
2 of the gpu's and the waterblock set are pending. Still have 1 GTX680 and the cpu/mobo/ram bundle available.

Back