Frontlines: fuel of war - xbox360

I didn't like it. Besides having a ridiculously complex controller set up, the framerate feels like that of something from the late N64 era. Like Conker or Perfect Dark.

It just feels sloooooooow.

Saw a thread in the PC forums and although my PC is more than capable enough, I honestly prefer gaming on my 360 more these days. I haven't been following this game too much but it's interesting to see that THQ is actually having dedicated servers setup (which I think Live needs badly).

So who's gonna check this out? I'm tempted to blow $60 after work today on this but I'd like to see what everyone else thinks.

Did I read correctly on an IGN review that this game supports 50 players on XBL?

Did I read correctly on an IGN review that this game supports 50 players on XBL?

Well apparently there's only one map that supports 50 people but I found some more info on some tentative plans:

The Xbox 360 version will launch with 90 dedicated multiplayer servers across Europe and North America, with one map, Village, offering support for the full 50 players. As more dedicated servers are brought online, additional maps will be opened up for 50-player games.

http://www.videogamer.com/news/27-02-2008-7634.html

I tried to get into several games last night, but I kept getting told the server was no longer available, and it would kick me back to the lobby. WTF?

I really want this game to work out, it looks very promising.

the colors are muddy, horrible draw distance, bad aliasing, ugly textures, I really don't like it.

I'm a huge 360 fan, so I'm not just hating. I had high hopes but this game based on the demo is bad.

horrible draw distance, bad aliasing, ugly textures.

Welcome to console games.

PNut12345 said:
I tried to get into several games last night, but I kept getting told the server was no longer available, and it would kick me back to the lobby. WTF?

Same problem here. Happens alot in most all xbox live games for me.

Welcome to console games.

this title takes your whole "welcome to console games" and runs back to about 2002 with the quality of textures and draw distance that it's showcasing.

It's really bad, and it's probably the worst looking game I've seen on 360.

cool about the dedicated servers tho'

was able to get in a play a few rounds last night. With the exception of several servers where the round was sutck in warm up mode, waiting on 1 or 2 more players for 30-40 minutes, it was a good time overall.

I'll give it another week or so to see if it blows my skirt up.

Rented it, beat the singleplayer in 2-3days. It was really fun though. The multiplayer has potential, but it';s kinda laggy. Connection and Framerate. THe demo seemed to play better, and less errors. I get an error trying to connect to a majority of the servers

That's too bad. The footage they showed on the TV commercial for this looked AMAZING. I actually thought it was a commercial for Killzone 2 for a second ;)

Great game, love the MP. Do NOT like the buggy/laggy Kaos servers. Hopefully they will fix soon.

this title takes your whole "welcome to console games" and runs back to about 2002 with the quality of textures and draw distance that it's showcasing.

It's really bad, and it's probably the worst looking game I've seen on 360.

cool about the dedicated servers tho'

this. "welcome to console games" is a moronic thing to say given how awesome so many games look these days. This one does not.

this. "welcome to console games" is a moronic thing to say given how awesome so many games look these days. This one does not.

texture quality and draw distance are almost always the main draw-backs to a console game.

texture quality and draw distance are almost always the main draw-backs to a console game.

*looks at Assassin's Creed on top of a building* ok.

No Technoob is pretty much right, the difference between the two not as great as in the past.

Hey, he'd be right if this was 2005 :)

These days we're seeing that gap close a little more with each major game release.
Unless you're running quad SLI with a resolution of 2560x1600+ and all of the details for said game maxed out, this is no longer the case very obtain. The game also has to support this giant view distance, too.

3-4 years ago this was the case, but right now you'll find most major releases on the console can keep up with their PC cousins.

To me the whole "futuristic/near future with futuristic/prototype weapons/vehicles" theme is a turn off. This is why I will probably look forward to Battlefield bad company.

Hey, he'd be right if this was 2005 :)

These days we're seeing that gap close a little more with each major game release.
Unless you're running quad SLI with a resolution of 2560x1600+ and all of the details for said game maxed out, this is no longer the case very obtain. The game also has to support this giant view distance, too.

3-4 years ago this was the case, but right now you'll find most major releases on the console can keep up with their PC cousins.

It's not even close. Just look at Halo 3 compared to Crysis.

If you want to compare the same game the 360 can only run COD 4 at 600p (1024x600 resolution = 614,400 pixels) . Where a new midrange graphics card can like the 9600GT can run it at 1920 x1200 = 2,304,000. That's almost 4 times the resolution, and with only a midrange card.

:rolleyes:

If you want to compare the same game the 360 can only run COD 4 at 600p (1024x600 resolution = 614,400 pixels) . Where a new midrange graphics card can like the 9600GT can run it at 1920 x1200 = 2,304,000. That's almost 4 times the resolution, and with only a midrange card.

Oh joy pixel counting for fun!
Looked pretty damn good and I have it for PC and 360. Differences aren't that great.

Looked pretty damn good and I have it for PC and 360. Differences aren't that great.

Then you sir, need glasses.

I have it for 360 and PC (different friends to play with), and my PC at 1920x1200 with everything on high kicks the crap out of the 360 running at 1080i on my 40¨ LCD.

Its simply because as the guy above said.. Internally the 360 renders at a lot less. Whilst it looks decent ont he 360, even a mid range graphics card will kick the crap out of it on the PC.

If you dont think so, then you are in denial.

Then you sir, need glasses.

I have it for 360 and PC (different friends to play with), and my PC at 1920x1200 with everything on high kicks the crap out of the 360 running at 1080i on my 40¨ LCD.

Its simply because as the guy above said.. Internally the 360 renders at a lot less. Whilst it looks decent ont he 360, even a mid range graphics card will kick the crap out of it on the PC.

If you dont think so, then you are in denial.

whatever. you're still missing when i say the differences between to two aren't that great. Especially when Infinity ward even stated that's what they were after.

And that midrange card is half the price of the console;) Where would you be if you bought a midrange card 3 years ago when the Xbox 360 was released? Or 2-3 years from now?
I have a fairly modern PC (Hd3870, Conroe) and own the game on both platforms, and play it on the same monitor (22 LCD). The difference is subtle but there, but at the same time my PC cost me at least twice the price of the Xbox 360.
One advantage that the Xbox 360 has is I know it will play all the upcoming games while the Xbox 360 is still in production, but I can't make the same guarantee with my PC without associatting costs to upgrade. Hence many of my friends that had X800 class cards (purchased 2 years ago) were unable to play all the recent titles that required PS3.0. So 90% of them purchased consoles as they having growing families, less time, and less money to keep with the upgrading cycle.
Not saying either one is right, or wrong, as I maintain both. However, people on a budget that don't have the extra income to upgrade every year, or two, just to "play the game" the console route is the way to go.
BTW, before anyone tosses in the HDTV complaint I use a VGA cable that costs me 15$.

Anyone care to talk about what the thread was supposed to be about? I've been thinking about buying this or Army of Two

Back