Free copy of Angry Birds for PC

i am stuck in the app program with angry birds downloading... but no status and its been like this for over 20 minutes. I cant imagine this game being that big of adownload

i am stuck in the app program with angry birds downloading... but no status and its been like this for over 20 minutes. I cant imagine this game being that big of adownload

I tried closing the Intel AppUp and a Angry Birds installer just popped up aftewards (and appup didn't close)

Shitty program doesn't like Vista. Error 304: Too many devices being used on my brand new account. :rolleyes:

Picked this up. Thanks, OP. :)

BTW, the page says this is optimized for Intel Atom-based netbooks, so this works out GREAT for me! I'm using an Acer Aspire One AOA 150-1786 (from 2009!). This looks 1000x better than the version for my HTC Incredible, and most everything looks great on that device.

EDIT: I've upgraded to an Intel X25-V 40GB SSD and Win7, which have breathed another few years' worth of life into this little warrior.

"Legal restrictions prevent us from fulfilling your request. We regret that we cannot provide more information. Please contact customer support if you require assistance."

WTF?

Hhahah Can not even get it to run on my system.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: .NET Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1000
Date: 3/22/2011
Time: 8:10:43 PM
User: N/A
Computer: Old Smoky the Bowl
Description:
Faulting application store.client.ui.exe, version 1.0.0.0, stamp 4d404c7f, faulting module kernel32.dll, version 5.1.2600.5781, stamp 49c4f482, debug? 0, fault address 0x00012afb.

Apparently they blocked my name? I had to use a different name to even sign up for this. WTF.
Legal restrictions prevent us from fulfilling your request. We regret that we cannot provide more information. Please contact customer support if you require assistance.

definatly not showing as free, still $5 here, with a new account...

Same. 1st time DL, installed fine, created new account fine, checked "my apps" tab. No dice. Shows up as 4.99 here.

Got the "Thank You for Creating an Account" msg as well as registered the C/C info.
Nada

Hmmm I didn't even enter my CC info...

Interesting.

Well it said "account created" but others had mentioned to the effect that you had to register AppUp before you would see it in your "My Apps" folder. Either way, it didn't work for me. :/

Gratz to those who *did* actually get it though.

Would be interesting to figure out the rhyme and reason though. (eg: who did didn't register (c/c req'd), those who did the little "opinion survey" (I did -some were no commented however), those who block certain cookies etc (maybe one of the referral sites leaves a flagging cookie for elegibility). *shrugs*

Are any of the other Angry Bird games available through AppUp...even at a cost?

EDIT: Nope, they aren't.

How do I get the free Angry Birds? I go to the My Apps Tab and there's nothing there. I even tried searching for it but no results.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I installed the software only to find Angry Birds for sale for $4.99. No thanks, I already purchased it for my phone. I'll just get my fix there.

Scratch that, it's there. I just had to create an account and it showed up.

Last edited:
Got it and its quite fun. works great on my netbook. I've got multiple accounts so I may get it on my pc aswell.

Add another person to the list of getting sucked into the time wasting vortex called angry birds.

Back