Forza Motorsport 6 Announcement Video Features New Ford GT

a 6.2L engine that retails for 15k above what a coyote does...yeah moving on

Not to mention the LS7 which MSRP is literally 10k above the 5.0, 2L larger displacement, and only makes 505 HP vs the coyote which is significantly cheaper, smaller displacement, and with bolt ons alone can exceed the LS7. Huge displacement is not optimization of a drivetrain

a 6.2L engine that retails for 15k above what a coyote does...yeah moving on

he said the 5.0 would beat chevy's bigger engine all day.

I proved him wrong, and you just proved him wrong too.

when did price come into effect?

thats like asking someone a yes or no question, and them answering with why?

Not to mention the LS7 which MSRP is literally 10k above the 5.0, 2L larger displacement, and only makes 505 HP vs the coyote which is significantly cheaper, smaller displacement, and with bolt ons alone can exceed the LS7. Huge displacement is not optimization of a drivetrain

you're bringing price into this again.

price is not a factor and you're making it one.

he said the 5.0 would beat chevy's bigger engine all day.

I proved him wrong, and you just proved him wrong too.

when did price come into effect?

thats like asking someone a yes or no question, and them answering with why?

your talking engines That are significantly higher in price point and do not retail in the vehicles that are direct competitors to the 5.0. you cant compare a 80k vehicle to a 30k vehicle and consider it a won argument, ever

now you're adding bolt ons to the equation?

are you dense? I'm not saying the coyote is bad. its a fucking great engine, and much better than the LS3.

but its not better than all of chevy's bigger engines. which is why I posted. because he said the coyote is better than any of chevys bigger engines

whats not to understand?

your talking engines That are significantly higher in price point and do not retail in the vehicles that are direct competitors to the 5.0. you cant compare a 80k vehicle to a 30k vehicle and consider it a won argument, ever

the 5.0 coyote > LS3

those are the competitors.

he was starting to compare the 5.0 to "bigger chevy engines"

i'm not the one at fault here.

now you're adding bolt ons to the equation?

are you dense? I'm not saying the coyote is bad. its a fucking great engine, and much better than the LS3.

but its not better than all of chevy's bigger engines. which is why I posted. because he said the coyote is better than any of chevys bigger engines

whats not to understand?

Did i say ANY of their larger engines? Not once. The coyote has a lower displacement, and still comparable power to the engine in the base v8 camaros, and does so at a better fuel economy.

the 5.0 coyote > LS3

Displacement doesn't tell the whole story, though. You're talking dual overhead cam vs. pushrod. The LS3 is actually a physically smaller engine. It's 41 lbs lighter and 4.3" narrower. DOHC heads on a V8 are friggin' huge.

In all fairness he said best optimized engines. GM leaves a lot on the table in stock form. As an LSA owner I'm not complaining.

Yeah, it's worth noting that TopGear has a history of knocking American cars. A lot of it is for TV, to entertain. Have to remember their audience is not intended to be American, but rather it is aimed at the British - knocking America bodes well. Remember the whole Tesla fiasco?

It's not just Top Gear, it's everyone in every other country on earth. American cars don't have a very good reputation out here in the rest of the world.

I think you guys are getting this wrong. This is not about some tired Ford vs. Chevy argument. This is about America taking on some of the finest cars in the world.

Racing games are tricky without a wheel but I never see those.

I liked the Colin Mcrae 3rd person rally type and bought quite a few of the Nascar racing SIMS.

DIRT replaced the former, don't believe I've seen the later for a really long time.

Racing games are tricky without a wheel but I never see those.

I liked the Colin Mcrae 3rd person rally type and bought quite a few of the Nascar racing SIMS.

DIRT replaced the former, don't believe I've seen the later for a really long time.

Doesn't help that Colin died a few years ago.

That is true, he a was damn good WRC driver. They are still using his name with DIRT though.

Just seen Nascar was updated in 2014 but the reviews are mixed.

The ford GT is always a unique looking car, the euros will always scoff at American cars but they bring a unique style to the game. This is the car everyone is talking about so that says something how about how good it looks.

The ford GT is probably the only super car I would waste money on if I had that much money. This one doesn't let down. At the end of the day you buy a car like this to be unique and this one certainly is. lol none of these old rich clowns can actually push any of these cars fast enough and hard enough to start nit picking at the details and price performance lol.

The new estimated price is $220+k. How do you know there are better cars at that price point? Reading a brochure does not count.

Maybe I should paraphrase, and also for the sake of the new estimated price. For $220K+, I don't want this car. I want a Ferrari or Aston Martin, these are my absolute dream cars and the cars that I spend reading about for hours on end every day (since I was about 7). I could alternatively save myself about $80K and get myself a new Porsche (actually, that may happen this year when lease end for the C63 is out). While I love the Ford GT and have ridden in 4 of them in the past 3 years, I can't see the worth in it. This is all PERSONAL, subjective thinking here of course.

That's all I was getting at. If I was given this car for free, I'd be ecstatic. For $220K (hell, even at $150K), it's a no-go.

Still way better than your car.

This was the type of knee jerk response I expected from a Sony fanboy on a Microsoft article. Why do people always have to hate on something.

Because there has to be a certain number of bitter, uninformed people in any given situation. Balances things out.

And the world laughing back.

The world sure did not laugh at the 24 hours of Le Mand when the original GT40 cleaned house. The world also did not laugh at what Ford was able to put together in 2005. Of course the world might laugh at whatever car you drive though

Maybe I should paraphrase, and also for the sake of the new estimated price. For $220K+, I don't want this car. I want a Ferrari or Aston Martin, these are my absolute dream cars and the cars that I spend reading about for hours on end every day (since I was about 7). I could alternatively save myself about $80K and get myself a new Porsche (actually, that may happen this year when lease end for the C63 is out). While I love the Ford GT and have ridden in 4 of them in the past 3 years, I can't see the worth in it. This is all PERSONAL, subjective thinking here of course.

That's all I was getting at. If I was given this car for free, I'd be ecstatic. For $220K (hell, even at $150K), it's a no-go.

Different strokes for different people. All are amazing exotics for the right person. As for me, I can only sit back and salivate as it is nothing I can afford at my current stage in life as a student changing careers.

The world sure did not laugh at the 24 hours of Le Mand when the original GT40 cleaned house. The world also did not laugh at what Ford was able to put together in 2005. Of course the world might laugh at whatever car you drive though

Different strokes for different people. All are amazing exotics for the right person. As for me, I can only sit back and salivate as it is nothing I can afford at my current stage in life as a student changing careers.

Speaking of which, who cares what the world thinks. Drive what you love, and anyone else that says differently, punch them right in the dickbox.

We all like what we like, and that's just the end of that really. No one can tell you what to enjoy. I was in that predicament not too long ago as well, but if you've got a good head on your shoulders, and are willing to go above and beyond, money will come.

Speaking of which, who cares what the world thinks. Drive what you love, and anyone else that says differently, punch them right in the dickbox.

We all like what we like, and that's just the end of that really. No one can tell you what to enjoy. I was in that predicament not too long ago as well, but if you've got a good head on your shoulders, and are willing to go above and beyond, money will come.

That is why I am getting another degree. I am just tired of the rat race business world and want something that allows me to do more work without getting stuck behind a desk or computer all day long. Money is secondary to being able to be happy at work. I should have done this long ago.

Of course the world might laugh at whatever car you drive though
While we assume they're all behind the wheel of an AMG, Porsche, or Ferrari the sad reality is that they're behind small under-powered VWs, Seats, etc.

While we assume they're all behind the wheel of an AMG, Porsche, or Ferrari the sad reality is that they're behind small under-powered VWs, Seats, etc.
thats most likely gran turismo. Where they make a prius a premiun car before they make a supra a premium car.
Im a glutton for punishment though, i have 1-6. Learned my lesson, look forward to forza 6. Hope they get porsche again like forza 4 did.

Yes I hope they get Porsche in Forza 6.

I'm disappointed Ford GT doesn't come with a manual transmission. It's my only complaint with it. Hell, I'll take a 2005 Ford GT or GT40 over it any day.

Back