First Ever Build!

3 - Finally, everything in Device Manager is working properly, except for one controller: High Definition Audio Device has a little yellow triangle next to it, with a Code 10 error code (This device cannot start).

There are two other audio controllers, NVIDIA HD Audio, and VIA HD Audio. They are both working fine, and I am getting sound through the line-out just fine.

Did the GPU just take over the audio, and the HD Audio Device controller was cancelled out from the motherboard or something? I'm just curious as it is the only device with any error code.
Hi,
I just want to add something to this error: I own almost the same motherboard (GA-Z77-D3H) and I have the same problem. I've not yet found a solution for this, have you found one? I'll probably contact Gigabyte support in the next few days. Just in case someone else stumbles over this thread with the help of Google ;) at the moment I have the problem that I cannot record any audio using an audio recording software (software says no recording device found). But I'm not sure yet if this problem is related to the "device cannot start" error message.
Edit: actually I've now found a solution for the audio recording problem: See manual (http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z77(h77)-d3h(-mvp)_e.pdf) page 94; you have to manually enable the Stereo Mix recording device. The yellow triangle is still there, maybe this will change after a reboot.

Last edited:
Hi,
I just want to add something to this error: I own almost the same motherboard (GA-Z77-D3H) and I have the same problem. I've not yet found a solution for this, have you found one? I'll probably contact Gigabyte support in the next few days. Just in case someone else stumbles over this thread with the help of Google ;) at the moment I have the problem that I cannot record any audio using an audio recording software (software says no recording device found). But I'm not sure yet if this problem is related to the "device cannot start" error message.
Edit: actually I've now found a solution for the audio recording problem: See manual (http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList/Manual/mb_manual_ga-z77(h77)-d3h(-mvp)_e.pdf) page 94; you have to manually enable the Stereo Mix recording device. The yellow triangle is still there, maybe this will change after a reboot.

Good to know! I never did find a solution to this problem, I just chose to hide the controller in the device manager so I didn't have to look at the yellow error triangle :p

The sound is working fine so I'm not too worried.

Back